Thread: How does MOBA work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

Default How does MOBA work

Could someone explain to me how a MOBA works I've seen videos etc but they're not helpful. I just wanna know the basic concepts (your reply can also help people that don't know much about MOBAS) I'd appreciate your help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

The game sessions are set to be five minutes long, with the win conditions being either to destroy the enemy base, capture more towers, or to get more kills if the tower count is tied when the five minute timer is up. The map has just two lanes, with the center containing powerups and a healing area. Each lane has a ball that can be pushed by standing near it.
    Something like that. Its about CoC moba.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    The game sessions are set to be five minutes long, with the win conditions being either to destroy the enemy base, capture more towers, or to get more kills if the tower count is tied when the five minute timer is up. The map has just two lanes, with the center containing powerups and a healing area. Each lane has a ball that can be pushed by standing near it.
    Correction: The center does not have a healing area, only the bases do. If all scores are tied up, the highest amount of damage wins the match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMcSwag View Post
    Correction: The center does not have a healing area, only the bases do. If all scores are tied up, the highest amount of damage wins the match.
    It was carved out of the article about CoC. These are not my words . I know about buff area. I just tried to explain in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts

It was carved out of the article about CoC. These are not my words . I know about buff area. I just tried to explain in general.
    Ooooh I see thanks a lot and I've got a question about naming... Can you name your character if so what name is displayed to others my champions or the name I've given my champion (that is if I can name them)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Ooooh I see thanks a lot and I've got a question about naming... Can you name your character if so what name is displayed to others my champions or the name I've given my champion (that is if I can name them)
    Idk about present time, mb something changed, Better ask SaltyMcSwag. Im sure he/she knows better how it will look in game (like Mimi or Mimi12345?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

U control some heroes, if u switch to one, the others get controlled by AI, there will also be mobs spawned and AI controlled, on ur side and also on theirs. And defense towers. U basically control an army.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    In the mobas I have played I don't think so u can name the indi char it displays ur user name and when u chat it displays ur username and in bracket the charname like sidpvp (bone breaker):hi .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All those games r replica of Dota...