Thread: Your opinions on Scorch upgrade for pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Default Your opinions on Scorch upgrade for pvp

In theory this seems like it would be helpful in clashes, 25% reduction in hit chance. I noticed that a lot of ppl say so no to Scorch. Is this because it is useless, not working properly, etc. And does anyone know if scorch counters the effect of your curse, like their hit misses so they don't receive damage while cursed?

I play 22-23 sorc, thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

And does anyone know if scorch stacks with pet abilities that reduce hit chance? Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeokateva View Post
    In theory this seems like it would be helpful in clashes, 25% reduction in hit chance. I noticed that a lot of ppl say so no to Scorch. Is this because it is useless, not working properly, etc. And does anyone know if scorch counters the effect of your curse, like their hit misses so they don't receive damage while cursed?

I play 22-23 sorc, thx
    I do not know much about pvp mate. And I know even less about mage lvl 22-23 pvp, but I know that hit chance reduction does now work in pvp. Also skills (say fireball, ligtning) cant even be dodged. Further there is a general consensus that this pet is a crappy one. If you ask me you are even better off with a legendary pet such as blinky, yowie, dova.

And last but definitely not least Scorch only reduces hit chance by 15% and this only after it reaches lvl 30, thus making it not available at your level. Hence the little to no benefit you will have from this pet.

Hope this answers your questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thx, I forgot that there is a pet named Scorch, i meant the fireball skill upgrade called scorch its supposed to reduce hit chance by 25% for 5 sec, i didn't know if this skill stacked with pets that reduce hit too. Sry 4 the confusion but thx 4 the reply.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Skeokateva View Post
    Thx, I forgot that there is a pet named Scorch, i meant the fireball skill upgrade called scorch its supposed to reduce hit chance by 25% for 5 sec, i didn't know if this skill stacked with pets that reduce hit too. Sry 4 the confusion but thx 4 the reply.
    With all the active/passive/pets/buffs/debuffs/weapons/stuns/panic/terrify + BUGS + GLITCHES... just forget about all of this !!!

You only have 1 chance: TEST WHAT WORKS BEST. Perhaps you get some infos on forums or within your guild about the latest exploits of the game... lol

AND be sure, things change from 1 update to another... the bugged/glitched super items are allways expensive in cs (f.e. arcane maul was stable at 30m for 3 seasons because of the stun-glitch which got fixed after 1.5 years -> price dropped over night)... and when its fixed there will be other glitches/bugs... you just need the knowledge about it.

coming back to the scorch skill: imho its not really worth it, FB stuns for 2 seconds so the skill update is useless for these 2 seconds and only 3 seconds remain... does this skill update even work as described? Honestly, i dont know...

I can tell you there are strange tdm matchups from time to time where 1 full team totally destroys another full team even when both teams are naerly equally geared and skilled. But some pet + weapon + skill + timing combinations are totally messed up which gets 1 team to nearly immortal and the other like paper and nobody really knows why, even sts doesnt imho. Its just messed up algorithm in the background.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 03-18-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Thx! That's really honest and in detail info! Too many bugs lol