Thread: Upgraded mythic.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Upgraded mythic.

So, I have upgraded mythic mage armor and helm. I didnt know that you couldnt revert (STS that is so STUPID). I got to thinking! Will these upgraded mythic pieces that will be useless to ALL end game player, be used in crafting the new mythic set??? At least give us a reason to use these mythic pieces... I spent over 900k obtaining my upgraded mythic set!!! Please add it into the new mythic crafted set! What is everyone else's opinions on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

:/ sometimes i dont get forum post , what do you want your mythic get upgraded again on next expansion to have next expansion cap stats then no farm and you will stand in city without doing any farm ?
    No never , new stuff for new map and better farmed stuff , bored to see some P2W pple with mythic dying like noobs like they were so many at this event !!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I didnt pay to win. I earned every single gp I have. And yes I want to see upgraded mythic in the recipe for a lot of reasons. 1. Will keep current mythic set prices up. 2. Gives us end game players with upgraded mythic a use for it. If it is not in the recipe or revertable, then it will sit in our stash doing nothing. 3. It will give people who already put 100s of hours into this game a edge over pay to win. Also, I ran the event, and guess what. My mythic gear was dropping bosses faster than a rogue could. I was tanking hit that would kill average end game players. Im sorry of you cant afford mythic, but I worked everyday, crimped, farmed, and saved. If the current mythic armor isn't part of the new recipe, all the nonupgraded mythic will circulate, with more coming into the game, crashing thier value since none would actually leave the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

if you was worried about the gold,why did you upgrade it knowing an expansion was coming that was bringing new mythic armor..everyone knows it's coming..the talk of upgrading old mythics in new cap is getting old..think about the players who have dropped millions on imbued sets..average 4m for cheap set..

you didn't waste your money you got a ap worth 400 points for 900k..this quest is part of the story of arlor and should be completed.i know people who have paid more for members of the elusive four or for bael or krunch,me being one of them..

there has been no talk of current mythics being used in any way of crafting in the new expansion,so this is just poor money management..i dont know why people buy them and then complain that they have wasted their money..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Wait you are on the forums and didn't know upgraded mythic armor wasn't worth buying anymore? There are more than enough to topics just like this one to know how this worked.

You could always stash it and give all your characters the achievement and title at least.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Im not referencing whether it is useful or not at this moment. I am saying it should be part of the new craftable mythic armor recipe....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiwotsukete View Post
    I didnt pay to win. I earned every single gp I have. And yes I want to see upgraded mythic in the recipe for a lot of reasons. 1. Will keep current mythic set prices up. 2. Gives us end game players with upgraded mythic a use for it. If it is not in the recipe or revertable, then it will sit in our stash doing nothing. 3. It will give people who already put 100s of hours into this game a edge over pay to win. Also, I ran the event, and guess what. My mythic gear was dropping bosses faster than a rogue could. I was tanking hit that would kill average end game players. Im sorry of you cant afford mythic, but I worked everyday, crimped, farmed, and saved. If the current mythic armor isn't part of the new recipe, all the nonupgraded mythic will circulate, with more coming into the game, crashing thier value since none would actually leave the game.
    Lol! The average end game player is a mythic set player. We have had this set for over a year. Out with the old and in with the new.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

That is what I am saying! Make it so the mythic we have right now is removed from the player when making the new mythic armor! Im all for upgrading but give us a purpose for this mythoc armor. Heck, even a lvl 43 pink item will be better than the current mythic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

That is what I am saying! Make it so the mythic we have right now is removed from the player when making the new mythic armor! Im all for upgrading but give us a purpose for this mythoc armor. Heck, even a lvl 43 pink item will be better than the current mythic.
    I don't understand why players think weapons and armor shouldn't become obsolete. Allowing upgrades just hurts farming. Making them part of a recipe is silly.

STS, retire the old mythics please. Out with old, in with the new.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

So, I have upgraded mythic mage armor and helm. I didnt know that you couldnt revert (STS that is so STUPID). I got to thinking! Will these upgraded mythic pieces that will be useless to ALL end game player, be used in crafting the new mythic set??? At least give us a reason to use these mythic pieces... I spent over 900k obtaining my upgraded mythic set!!! Please add it into the new mythic crafted set! What is everyone else's opinions on this?
    U got a achivement though... know its not much. But if it helps, most players used lots more then 900k for this set.. i suppose some will still want the achivement, i know i would if i started playing now..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

You really want for it to be useful for you? Then twink PvP at that lvl. Its about time farmers have a chance to make real gold

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

All of you fail to understand what I am saying! The only reason I want the current set added to the recipe is so it will keep its unupgraded value. If upgraded mythic set is needed to make the new mythic set, this will keep the current mythic set price up by removing mythic sets from the game. What would be the point of current mythic when new mythic comes out? No one would need to upgrade it. Thus the game gets flooded with them, crashing thier prices in just a few months. Its simple economics. Surplus = price crash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just a couple of thoughts I have about this:

1) Upgrading the mythic sets the first time was the biggest mistake STS ever made in this game. It caused terrible economic problems and is the reason why you can get legendary armors and helms for 500 gold in the auction. For 3 whole expansions, most end game players used the same exact helm and armor. Since you only have 5 item slots, 40% (2 out of 5) of the total economy of each new expansion was basically lost. There are some elite maps in Nordr and Shuyal that nobody ever farmed because those maps were the ones that dropped the worthless armors and helms that nobody needed because they weren't as good as mythic.

2) 900k is a tiny amount of gold in this game. If it took you hundreds of hours to obtain 900k, then you are doing something very wrong. Mythic helms were released in season 3 and cost 3-6m each. Mythic armors were released in season 4 and cost 7-12m each. Those were the costs. The only reason why the cost has become so cheap (only 900k) is because STS has made it clear that these items will never be upgraded again. If the plan had been to have them be used as crafting components for some new set, then the merchants would have hoarded them long ago and the prices would still be in the many millions. So the only reason you actually have these items, is because they are not being upgraded.

3) If they were to be some component of a new set, they would be the cheap component since everyone has them. The market on its own would determine that. Instead, the other ingredients would be much more expensive (many millions I'm sure). The rarest component is always the majority of the value of the crafted item. Just as the recipe is by far the most expensive component of the new mythic amulet, and the arcane shard is the most expensive part of the arcane ring.

So if they were to do what you are requesting, it still would not help you in obtaining the new level 46 mythics since you can be sure whatever the rarest of the crafting components will be, they will cost many millions. I'd be shocked if the price was not higher than 10m+ for a new mythic set after the expansion.

But don't fear..... If you wait 3 more expansions before buying the level 46 mythics, just like you did with the level 26/31 mythics, then the price will probably be less than 1m just like it was last time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just a couple of thoughts I have about this:

1) Upgrading the mythic sets the first time was the biggest mistake STS ever made in this game. It caused terrible economic problems and is the reason why you can get legendary armors and helms for 500 gold in the auction. For 3 whole expansions, most end game players used the same exact helm and armor. Since you only have 5 item slots, 40% (2 out of 5) of the total economy of each new expansion was basically lost. There are some elite maps in Nordr and Shuyal that nobody ever farmed because those maps were the ones that dropped the worthless armors and helms that nobody needed because they weren't as good as mythic.

I totally agree with all that you said but more with this part...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Ive played for maybe 3 months, yes it took me a long time to make the money to get upgraded mythic due to limited farming in this game. Im not referencing the fact of making it easier to obtain, but once expansion comes out, people won't be upgrading mythics such as villis. Thus that armor won't become untradeable. Leaving more and more sets into the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Carapace stated during 8 bit salute that there will be no upgrades to mythics. The argument in itself is ridiculous.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Ive played for maybe 3 months, yes it took me a long time to make the money to get upgraded mythic due to limited farming in this game. Im not referencing the fact of making it easier to obtain, but once expansion comes out, people won't be upgrading mythics such as villis. Thus that armor won't become untradeable. Leaving more and more sets into the game.
    Please understand that the 3 months you have played are perhaps the worst 3 months ever in the history of the game when it comes to farming. This most recent expansion has been around far longer than any previous expansion -- now over a year! Previous expansions were less than 6 months. It reaches a point where almost everyone is fully geared and so the market falls soft and the only players buying farmed items are new players, not the existing player base.

I'm not sure if you have played other MMOs in the past, but as soon as a new expansion is released, farming is huge for the first couple of months, and it's possible to loot items worth a few million gold. I can remember last year looting a level 41 magma claymore of assault during the first month of the expansion and selling it for 3.5m.

The new legendary armor and helms will now also command premium amounts -- something that was missing from the last 2 expansions due to the upgrading of mythic helm and armor. This time there will be more opportunity for farmers.

If you put in the time, you WILL make money this time. Just make sure to level up to 46 as quick as possible and start farming elite dungeons, and always use a luck elixir and put on your lep amulet when the boss dies.

Also, to balance out the fact that very few players will be upgrading the previous mythic armor and helm, my guess is that STS will remove them from locked crates, and then they will only be farmable from elite golden pirate & warchests. That is what they previously have done with outdated arcane items like level 26 rogue hooks, hammerjaw & glacian eggs. I suspect they will also do the same with the old mythic amulets and rings, as nobody is going to keep buying locked crates with mythics worth less than 100k.

Keep in mind new players will still need to upgrade the old mythic helm and armor for the achievement points if they hope to compete on the leaderboards.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-21-2015 at 07:02 PM.