Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Where oh Where are all the Tanks Gone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Where oh Where are all the Tanks Gone?

I've been rogue since I began playing Arcane Legends 2 1/2 years ago. Over the course of time, I've noticed a distinct prejudice against the warrior class. "They are too slow". "They have little damage". To my dismay, it appears many tanks are giving up the battle, they are slowly becoming extinct. I hate to see this, I've always enjoyed parties that include tanks. Why is the few minutes less time the end all and be all? It's is sad that when you look through friend list these days, many of our old friends are gone. I realize that each class has its pros and cons but it will be a sad day when all the tanks have vanished, the loss of such a great class is sad, Arcane Legends will be a two class game, and we will all have lost an essential component of this game.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Rosna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

+1 to this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ign cheoeqar pt me sometime im a war and would love to run some elit maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

All the tanks and mages are (and have been for a while) quitting game... Don't blame them... I'm sick of waiting for things to get fixed too.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I used to main a tank, my guildmates would always try to invite tanks to parties but usually everywhere else no one wanted a tank. So I sold my bulwark and now I play on a rogue. Its missing a mythic bow and mythic ring but I still get invites to parties. Funny when a half mythic geared rogue gets more invites than a full mythic/arcane tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Jt needs to be made rogue legends. Not arcane legends....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Always seems to be tons of them when you do pub event parties. Pretty common to get 3 of them and have epic long battles. One is great, 3 is bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

I know how it is Rosna, I've seen a LOT of my friends changing to rogue, and the bad thing is they were good tanks, i always liked to play with them even in arena ( everyone say arena a place just for rogues) but when i ran with one of my friends in arena sometimes it was better than a full party of rogues. I hope the rest of the players that play as a warrior don't give up,there's still people who like to have a tank in pt,im one of them.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sakurahb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Well said all, I love to party with tanks and mages. I guess I'm old school but I love a party with all classes. I like the people I meet, all classes, we run arena, elites, tombs and have a blast. Isn't that what this game is all about?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    Jt needs to be made rogue legends. Not arcane legends....
    Lol... +1

I held out as long as I could with tank, but it just got too boring and I gave it up (cry).... Now I'm having same problem as mage (cry) ..

And I totally agree that it really ridiculous that a half geared rogue is more useful than maxed geared mage or tank for majority of runs.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Lol... +1

I held out as long as I could with tank, but it just got too boring and I gave it up (cry).... Now I'm having same problem as mage (cry) ..

And I totally agree that it really ridiculous that a half geared rogue is more useful than maxed geared mage or tank for majority of runs.
    Not just that, sometimes I'll get a pm from a different party group wanting for me to join them so they can have a full pt to run with them. If I tell them I'm in a pt they'll tell me to leave and join their group..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sakurahb View Post
    I know how it is Rosna, I've seen a LOT of my friends changing to rogue, and the bad thing is they were good tanks, i always liked to play with them even in arena ( everyone say arena a place just for rogues) but when i ran with one of my friends in arena sometimes it was better than a full party of rogues. I hope the rest of the players that play as a warrior don't give up,there's still people who like to have a tank in pt,im one of them.
    i like having a tank in my party as well.
    Avy
    12-2012

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobx View Post
    Not just that, sometimes I'll get a pm from a different party group wanting for me to join them so they can have a full pt to run with them. If I tell them I'm in a pt they'll tell me to leave and join their group..
    Yeah... Every group is short on rogues (mostly cause that's the only class that kills anything without taking forever) ... That's all I see in guild chat, or in towns, or in tombs... Need rogue... Blah blah blah... Gear doesn't even matter for most part... It's sad

A legendary tank or mage can stand around begging for groups for hours or days, but if u legendary rogue you'll find one no problem... It's just beyond my understanding how they can allow such as great class divide to go on for so long.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah... Every group is short on rogues (mostly cause that's the only class that kills anything without taking forever) ... That's all I see in guild chat, or in towns, or in tombs... Need rogue... Blah blah blah... Gear doesn't even matter for most part... It's sad

A legendary tank or mage can stand around begging for groups for hours or days, but if u legendary rogue you'll find one no problem... It's just beyond my understanding how they can allow such as great class divide to go on for so long.
    Stat doesn't even matter nowadays. I've seen full legendary rogues with around 470 damage and 27% crit (just estimate) get invited to parties over mages with 620+damage(mythic gun), and this is when the mage(s) had been asking for a few minutes with no one else around. I've seen this happen because I was afk while eating dinner. And I saw the tank and 3 rogues go into t3, leaving the mage behind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

My main is warrior and these are my thoughts.
    I have noticed that a lot of tanks don't know how to tank. So this is maybe part of the problem with people not inviting them. I have a couple lower level chars and I am always baffled at how so many people playing the war class have no idea of how to play their role. So when people get to end game they have stopped running with tanks because they where useless at the start so why use them at the end.
    I also think people get discourage playing war because the war is slower to level and harder to solo, so they just switch class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobx View Post
    Stat doesn't even matter nowadays. I've seen full legendary rogues with around 470 damage and 27% crit (just estimate) get invited to parties over mages with 620+damage(mythic gun), and this is when the mage(s) had been asking for a few minutes with no one else around. I've seen this happen because I was afk while eating dinner. And I saw the tank and 3 rogues go into t3, leaving the mage behind.
    Yeah exactly!

I get invites, but only cause I'm maxed out... I feel so bad watching all the mages and tanks standing around begging and crying for a group and I feel their pain... I understand and appreciate classes having their individual roles, but the way things are pets do a much better job of being a mage or tank... Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbangboom View Post
    My main is warrior and these are my thoughts.
    I have noticed that a lot of tanks don't know how to tank. So this is maybe part of the problem with people not inviting them. I have a couple lower level chars and I am always baffled at how so many people playing the war class have no idea of how to play their role. So when people get to end game they have stopped running with tanks because they where useless at the start so why use them at the end.
    I also think people get discourage playing war because the war is slower to level and harder to solo, so they just switch class.
    This was the case a long time ago, but the problem now isn't with the tanks as much as the class itself... Tanks just can't properly hold aggro... Their skills aren't built for it and one shot from a mage or rogue overrides their aggro... The best they can do is use all aggro skills, but even that isn't much help... Especially when pets can stun and pull mobs better than a mage or tank can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Without Warrior ,you cannot Step on Elite Planar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

This was the case a long time ago, but the problem now isn't with the tanks as much as the class itself... Tanks just can't properly hold aggro... Their skills aren't built for it and one shot from a mage or rogue overrides their aggro... The best they can do is use all aggro skills, but even that isn't much help... Especially when pets can stun and pull mobs better than a mage or tank can.
    Very true!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Without Warrior ,you cannot Step on Elite Planar
    What? Lol
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS