Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Where oh Where are all the Tanks Gone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I've been watching all these threads pop up like mushrooms in Arena recently. I think people love to exaggerate.

1. My best T3 times at the moment, both lix and pure, are with a party setup of warrior, mage, 2 rogues. And by "lix time" I mean using ankhs plus the occasional free lix from Klaas/Shaz, not running on combo lixes, because I can't afford it and neither can most of my friends. Those times are 8 and 10 minutes respectively. I consider them very good times. Additionally, I have a few runs that were between 9 and 10 minutes and featured 2 (two) warriors in the party. I've also run with warrior, 2 mages, rogue parties.

2. One of the best tanks, I've ever run with, is full pink. Or at least he was when I first ran with him. Dragonscale and stuff, I think you'll recognize the guy. There is another one like him in my guild and he's a beast at tanking too. Sure, they'll probably never be on a timed lb, but that's not the point.

3. The "but but even average rogues can easily find parties" mantra is totally exaggerated. They can find parties, but those parties almost always include a warrior, and in most cases a mage too. Because, unlike their maxed out counterparts with tank-like hp/armor and level 70-like damage, average rogues lack the gear and pets to form all-rogue parties that are faster and smoother than a balanced one with a tank and a mage. I'll highlight the word "smoother", because that's what most average, casual players in this game value the most while running places like Planar Tombs: runs with fewer ankhs.

4. Average rogues rarely get invited to maxed out parties, just like most warriors and mages. The rare occasions when I get invited to a party with two or more maxed out rogues, I feel like we play different games. Running on combo lixes, nonstop piercing at one-hitting bosses, not caring about deaths etc. I just can't keep up with this style. Most people, including me, can't afford it.

5. Problem with most maxed out warriors, and mages for that matter, is not that they can't find parties. They most certainly can. Problem is they want to run with maxed out rogues. And why would maxed out rogues want to run with a warrior given that those rogues can both kill super fast and tank? I mean, look at those stats.. ~5k hp, 1700-1800 armor, 750-800 damage, 50% crit. Those are roughly the stats of a lvl 40 warrior + monstrous damage, especially on aimed crits (which happen like 60-70% of the time with 50% crit plus stacking). This brings us to the larger topic abot the gear gap, but I guess we'll get the usual replies here - there should be more and more op gear so that people "have something to play for". Wrong. This is the main reason why maxed out rogues became so overpowered, compared to both other classes and non-maxed rogues. Because all that unnecessarily op stuff benefited them much more than warriors and mages. And because it opened an enormous gap between them and the other rogues in this game. Even between them and the next best group of rogues in terms of gear and stats. All those arcane rings, para gems, SnS, Nekros, pendants, even eyes (huge lol at those "oh eye are so useless" posts, especially coming from rogues who now use only paras and eyes on their gear). I wish most of them were never released the way they were actually released - without any even remotely close alternative in terms of stats and usefulness. At the very least, there would still be some semblance of balance in this game.

I can add more, but I think that's enough for now. Thank you.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Tanks are raiding forums or cs at the moment ;_)

...and playing other games like for me started to play this cool rpg called brave frontier global...

Got all three classes but my warrior is the fav and im so close to give up on AL..only Bc of some beautiful souls im still here...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Warrior is only popular in twinking nowadays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I'm a 41 warrior with no guild ign Uiflaotara I'm currently saving for mythic

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Rosna, Mage is indeed fun and they are awesome at controlling mobs but these day with tindirins and tombs probably in the next expansion also, most mobs don't get Stun by fireball or freeze by Ice. It's hard for a mage to do something that basically can't be done cause the way sts designed them to to do.

As for tank the biggest issue is the aggro, IF the aggro were better they would probably be asked to party a lot more. Sts should make rally cry skill drawing all aggro within range like horn of renew lol at least that skill give SPEED boost for the party to run faster which last pretty long while rushing from one spot to the next which saves a lot of time. Usually tank with rally cry is so awesome in like regular TOMBS/MINES map.

Beside doing Timed Run, I actually prefer a tank also, it's so much relaxing and easy going. I enjoy each run more and able to chat and socialize while playing and killing stuff lol. Basically tank does make the run easier.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I've been watching all these threads pop up like mushrooms in Arena recently. I think people love to exaggerate.

1. My best T3 times at the moment, both lix and pure, are with a party setup of warrior, mage, 2 rogues. And by "lix time" I mean using ankhs plus the occasional free lix from Klaas/Shaz, not running on combo lixes, because I can't afford it and neither can most of my friends. Those times are 8 and 10 minutes respectively. I consider them very good times. Additionally, I have a few runs that were between 9 and 10 minutes and featured 2 (two) warriors in the party. I've also run with warrior, 2 mages, rogue parties.

2. One of the best tanks, I've ever run with, is full pink. Or at least he was when I first ran with him. Dragonscale and stuff, I think you'll recognize the guy. There is another one like him in my guild and he's a beast at tanking too. Sure, they'll probably never be on a timed lb, but that's not the point.

3. The "but but even average rogues can easily find parties" mantra is totally exaggerated. They can find parties, but those parties almost always include a warrior, and in most cases a mage too. Because, unlike their maxed out counterparts with tank-like hp/armor and level 70-like damage, average rogues lack the gear and pets to form all-rogue parties that are faster and smoother than a balanced one with a tank and a mage. I'll highlight the word "smoother", because that's what most average, casual players in this game value the most while running places like Planar Tombs: runs with fewer ankhs.

4. Average rogues rarely get invited to maxed out parties, just like most warriors and mages. The rare occasions when I get invited to a party with two or more maxed out rogues, I feel like we play different games. Running on combo lixes, nonstop piercing at one-hitting bosses, not caring about deaths etc. I just can't keep up with this style. Most people, including me, can't afford it.

5. Problem with most maxed out warriors, and mages for that matter, is not that they can't find parties. They most certainly can. Problem is they want to run with maxed out rogues. And why would maxed out rogues want to run with a warrior given that those rogues can both kill super fast and tank? I mean, look at those stats.. ~5k hp, 1700-1800 armor, 750-800 damage, 50% crit. Those are roughly the stats of a lvl 40 warrior + monstrous damage, especially on aimed crits (which happen like 60-70% of the time with 50% crit plus stacking). This brings us to the larger topic abot the gear gap, but I guess we'll get the usual replies here - there should be more and more op gear so that people "have something to play for". Wrong. This is the main reason why maxed out rogues became so overpowered, compared to both other classes and non-maxed rogues. Because all that unnecessarily op stuff benefited them much more than warriors and mages. And because it opened an enormous gap between them and the other rogues in this game. Even between them and the next best group of rogues in terms of gear and stats. All those arcane rings, para gems, SnS, Nekros, pendants, even eyes (huge lol at those "oh eye are so useless" posts, especially coming from rogues who now use only paras and eyes on their gear). I wish most of them were never released the way they were actually released - without any even remotely close alternative in terms of stats and usefulness. At the very least, there would still be some semblance of balance in this game.

I can add more, but I think that's enough for now. Thank you.
    This is the real issue, if there is one. Non-maxed out rogues are always looking for parties in planar tombs 3 with a tank and a mage. The runs go smoother and require fewer ankhs.

Of course, when you've gotten to the point where you can afford the best gear and can dominate any level, you'll want to use the class that makes the quickest work of the enemies, the rogue. But most of us do not have that kind of gold. So if you're a tank and you don't mind running with skilled non-maxed out rogues, you shouldn't have an issue finding a party. I know I'm always looking for tanks and mages. Rogues are a dime a dozen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Without Warrior ,you cannot Step on Elite Planar
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-03-20-14-28-23.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  274.6 KB
    These 3 are all rogues.
    And yeah. They run faster without tank.
    Even lb is not good for warrior.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstj View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-03-20-14-28-23.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  274.6 KB
    These 3 are all rogues.
    And yeah. They run faster without tank.
    Even lb is not good for warrior.
    6 minutes, lol! I'm happy with under 15.

Again, these are maxed out rogues who of course will dominate the level and have no need for warriors and mages (they don't even need a fourth). Not decently geared rogues.

The gear is the issue here. (Though I really don't have an issue with the huge gear gap. If great gear wasn't much better than regular gear, I wouldn't bother saving up for it.)

Warriors have no trouble finding parties in planar 3 if they don't mind running with non-maxed out rogues and mages. (As long as they aren't bad and know how to park.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

It's kinda funny how it's only the richer part of AL complaining about tanks and mages being underpowered when they easily beat anyone without a mythic planar pendant and a mythic bow. With axe, smash, cs, heal they just stunluck you to death. Mages easily 1 comobing rouges under 5k HP and a ridiculous amount of armor and damage. Not to mention mages almost hit 1k damage whereas rouges struggle to hit 900. There's no varity of gear and it's bothering me so much I already quit the game again after playing for 1 month.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Tanks are heartbroken now and are doing nothing but sleeping in town.

Anyways yea I totally agree with you..back in those golden age when tanks used to be fun and were enjoyable. I too am a Tank and guess what I got the Tank Pride! I started as a Tank and will end as a Tank believe me I started as a tank and I'm still one and I have no other accounts, I don't care whatever people say about tanks but they are still awesome to me and I won't give up.
    I started as a tank when level 30 was the cap,ahh those were some good days when every party had their own aspects. I also have lost so many brave tanks and their just rotting like rust. Looking forward in restoring the honor of the tanks.

The main reason tanking was so important was because it used to help delay the mobs so that we could also chat while fighting them and not farm deaths.(Sarcasm)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoardseeker View Post
    Without Warrior ,you cannot Step on Elite Planar
    I have done so many times planar tomb levels, without war... War in pve is sux.. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the main reason many wars were needed was cause there health skills and abilities but now people just tend to buy pots :/

Add me on my main: Jqf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    6 minutes, lol! I'm happy with under 15.

Again, these are maxed out rogues who of course will dominate the level and have no need for warriors and mages (they don't even need a fourth). Not decently geared rogues.

The gear is the issue here. (Though I really don't have an issue with the huge gear gap. If great gear wasn't much better than regular gear, I wouldn't bother saving up for it.)

Warriors have no trouble finding parties in planar 3 if they don't mind running with non-maxed out rogues and mages. (As long as they aren't bad and know how to park.)
    They don't need a third one,

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 10.26.46 PM.png
Views: 346
Size:  57.3 KB

They don't even need anyone lol

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 10.28.41 PM.png
Views: 318
Size:  46.1 KB

This has nothing to do with the rest 99% rogues in AL

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Avshow should rename to: Onemanpro
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Haha... Nice job av
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

R.I.P tanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Total agreement here!

In an ideal world the game would be set up so that it would be just as much of a chore to finish a map with a full party of rogues as it is a for full party of tanks, and equally a fully party of mages, for different reasons in each case.

I'm dubious that this can happen without some serious reconsideration of the skill system and stats distribution. Having said that STS have promised such a system will emerge and will hopefully hold up on their promise of arranging elite mobs in the expansion in such a way that the most optimal way to finish a map - that is the way with the fastest time and least deaths, involves running with a party of mixed classes. I'm willing to withhold judgement until they release the new content but if we are left in the exact same position as before.... there are going to be a lot of highly unhappy bunnies.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosna View Post
    I've been rogue since I began playing Arcane Legends 2 1/2 years ago. Over the course of time, I've noticed a distinct prejudice against the warrior class. "They are too slow". "They have little damage". To my dismay, it appears many tanks are giving up the battle, they are slowly becoming extinct. I hate to see this, I've always enjoyed parties that include tanks. Why is the few minutes less time the end all and be all? It's is sad that when you look through friend list these days, many of our old friends are gone. I realize that each class has its pros and cons but it will be a sad day when all the tanks have vanished, the loss of such a great class is sad, Arcane Legends will be a two class game, and we will all have lost an essential component of this game.
    Great post! I fear that this just the way that this going to be. I have read countless posts from many different people calling/begging for some type of attention to be given to this. And yet nothing is done and in fact the rank class continues to be nerfed while supriem rogue continues to dominate all. There is promise of a more balanced class system with the new expansion but the truth be told as long as there is an option to spam pots in pve there will never be a need for a tank. As for pvp it is a skill issue. If all classes were simply allowed 1 more skill slot it would balance with classes immediately. But it is obvious that this is not the goal. I agree that it is sad because the tank class on every other game I have played has always been the most critical, difficult, and ultimately rewarding class to play. So as the saying goes, if you can't beat them join them. Tanks hang up your bulwarks and bonesaws and buy bows and robes because these are the preferred classes of our game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Looking for a tank?

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  8.0 KB

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazakesy For This Useful Post: