Thread: True perspective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Default True perspective

I consider myself a die-hard player of AL. Not in the sense of plat usage so much, but I'm not ashamed to say this game changed my life over the past year and a half. Never involved myself in gaming before, but there was just something about this one that sets itself well apart from the crowd of action rpg's.

From my perspective, what im seeing happen in the game and here on the forums is scary. I think there should be some cause for concern on sts's end because I've been through a number of "phases" of raging before, but nothing like this. The activity is at an all time low, market values are completely tanked. I've seen more ppl leave the game due to the state of farming, lack of quality events and just an overall ho-hum attitude stemming from the game developers than I've ever seen before.

I've seen forumers scoffing at those of us that are frustrated, seen us referred to as "couch devs". What u new players need to understand is that what u see is a community of players who have chosen to play this game fruitlessly striving to save what little is left and being as patient as we can be. It pains me so many of my friends and cohorts find it nonproductive to play anymore. The focus seems to be too far outside the box imo. Get back to what got you here in the first place. Forget new gems and vanities for every event. Gems were supposed to improve the dynamics. There's so many now it tends to confuse those new to this. Cursed skulls were a complete fail and im not a fan of the rein gems either.

The potential here is astronomical. The bones are in place. The fixes could be so simple if only devs could begin to focus on AL once again. Sure we might seem jaded, over opinionated, bitter...but its hard to watch our game sacrificed by its own creators for the sake of developing another. Ppl have invested alot in this. Blood sweat and tears. Time and money. Relationships have been made. There's expectations. Please sts, try to meet some before it's too late.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Wait. Hold on a sec. There's other types of gems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Besides blood, fire and glacial? Yes. There's eyes, reinforced gems, skulls, shards, tarloks, Para's,
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

I agree with you. I can say that since november last year they dont seem to get anything right.
    Lag issues that never seems to be fixed, i mean, i have to pray before playing for not having lag. And I know it is not my internet. Im not a kid with no knowledgement of IT Networks.
    Bugs introduced with every other update.
    Bugs returning showing mal practices on simple development things.
    Promises being forgoten (skill revamp)

It is frustrating that when we come here to complain we are threated like ranting kids.

Dear devs and mods, if we took the time to come here and complain is because we care about this game and want to continue playing.
    If that complaint became a rant it is because of ur inability to fix things or to communicate with us.

Your talk only no action politics, those weekly announcements full of nothing, the time it is taking for the new expansion to come it just proves that you set aside this game in order to develop a new one. And you will not succeed on that, may you be sure of that, no one succeeds by puting aside their client base in order to launch a new product.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I find it interesting that they are implementing the community working together idea again to build toward the expansion. Every day I log in and there less and less ppl playing. Perhaps this is part of the strategy to potentially delay the expansion a bit. Perhaps it's just they have lost touch with what players are waiting for. Idk.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

I like the idea of the community working together to rebuild the town and unlock the expansion, it's something we haven't seen before.

Hopefully whatever item is required to craft the event tokens this time will drop from bosses in arlor in packs of 5, with a higher chance for packs to drop the harder the boss is, because having to grind tombs to unlock the expansion followed by having to grind tombs too level up..... that would be a bit meh :3

Plus is looks like that is going to be a part of a full event, since there is a screenshot of a token vendor? I presume he is not going to be selling just "Bricks" for 5 tokens and thats it, there might be new vanities and pets maybe even some new gear so that all players have the chance to start the new season with a fighting chance. (I can still dream right )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    no one succeeds by puting aside their client base in order to launch a new product.
    I agree and really wish that our current issues, skills and bugs are fixed and not put aside just for the sake of a new game or new content. Please take note, rather than yet another new vanity, new gear and new pet, we want to play well with what we have. The bugs need fixing.

We want to play this game, we love it and we are providing feedback which shows that we want the game to continue growing. As I can see, this is a community of active players who love the game but are growing jaded slowly.

Putting aside this community's issues to work on a new game is just not right. I dont even want to try a new MOBA. I would love AL to work better.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 03-24-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    I consider myself a die-hard player of AL. Not in the sense of plat usage so much, but I'm not ashamed to say this game changed my life over the past year and a half. Never involved myself in gaming before, but there was just something about this one that sets itself well apart from the crowd of action rpg's.

From my perspective, what im seeing happen in the game and here on the forums is scary. I think there should be some cause for concern on sts's end because I've been through a number of "phases" of raging before, but nothing like this. The activity is at an all time low, market values are completely tanked. I've seen more ppl leave the game due to the state of farming, lack of quality events and just an overall ho-hum attitude stemming from the game developers than I've ever seen before.

I've seen forumers scoffing at those of us that are frustrated, seen us referred to as "couch devs". What u new players need to understand is that what u see is a community of players who have chosen to play this game fruitlessly striving to save what little is left and being as patient as we can be. It pains me so many of my friends and cohorts find it nonproductive to play anymore. The focus seems to be too far outside the box imo. Get back to what got you here in the first place. Forget new gems and vanities for every event. Gems were supposed to improve the dynamics. There's so many now it tends to confuse those new to this. Cursed skulls were a complete fail and im not a fan of the rein gems either.

The potential here is astronomical. The bones are in place. The fixes could be so simple if only devs could begin to focus on AL once again. Sure we might seem jaded, over opinionated, bitter...but its hard to watch our game sacrificed by its own creators for the sake of developing another. Ppl have invested alot in this. Blood sweat and tears. Time and money. Relationships have been made. There's expectations. Please sts, try to meet some before it's too late.
    completely agree with.....hope love craft was more than an experiment cuz thats how it should be(hugthulu part)...people who dont want to farm,buy crates from auction to get their vanities, and since runs were easy, most people didnt had problems running again and again.

Konan