Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect KDR/Max Kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    If you play a warrior, you might find soloing Shuyal and Tindirin challenging if not impossible. You might need help with the bosses, so I hope your skills are well up to the challenge of tanking in a party. I would say waiting till you're about 5 levels above recommended level for a map helps. For instance when I was leveling my warrior, I didn't go to Nordr when I got the quest at lvl 23, but kept leveling in Kraken Isles till I hit 28, when I could solo the first three Nordr maps (but boy did it take forever). Had to relent and asked for rogue help for the 4th boss though, because of the freeze pool around the spider.

But yea, if you're running elite you're going to die some. Maybe not so often because as a warrior your survival is crucial to the whole party's survival. But there will be deaths. You can't keep perfect k/d if you also want to run elite, but you can keep your deaths reasonably low with skills, experience and good gear.

My k/d is totally messed up because I started off completely unaware of skills and build. And I was stubborn and didn't know better. If I kept dying on a map I didn't just give up and leave. Soloed wt at level 16ish with broken build and blue/green gear and died tons and was proud just for being able to pull it off. I wince when I remember that now. After I respec'd I started running more elites which results in more deaths (Skull Cove...). Helping guildies with bad build, lack of elite experience, wrong pets on elite maps, through laggy game, just piled more deaths on me. But if I play it safe, if I want to purposely avoid dying I won't be able to: (1) help my guildmates & friends; (2) go on more challenging maps; (3) keep myself from getting bored. So yea, as much as my k/d embarrasses me, it also tells the story of how I've grown in the game.
    Thank you for sharing Ilhanna! I'm actually headed to Kraken Isles next once I reach lvl 25 and then I will stay there until I've reach the max level for those maps. So I'll definitely keep in mind everything that you've said about Nordr.

So far, Captain Rutger has been the toughest boss that I've faced, but I think I handled him pretty well and only had to use 3-4 potions. I have a pretty decent build and hope to improve my skills with all of the great advise that has been given to me so far.

In creating this thread, I wasn't trying to bash anyone that doesn't have a "good" KDR. I admire everyone that is committed to the game and especially those that have taken the time out to help another player like me fulfill my goal. To me, all of you are the better player for that. The more I learn about the elite maps, the more I can't wait to run them! By then, I will be ready to party up and help others however I can.

With all the hardworking players on here, are there any aiming for PvE leaderboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alafonta View Post
    Thank you for sharing Ilhanna! I'm actually headed to Kraken Isles next once I reach lvl 25 and then I will stay there until I've reach the max level for those maps. So I'll definitely keep in mind everything that you've said about Nordr.

So far, Captain Rutger has been the toughest boss that I've faced, but I think I handled him pretty well and only had to use 3-4 potions. I have a pretty decent build and hope to improve my skills with all of the great advise that has been given to me so far.

In creating this thread, I wasn't trying to bash anyone that doesn't have a "good" KDR. I admire everyone that is committed to the game and especially those that have taken the time out to help another player like me fulfill my goal. To me, all of you are the better player for that. The more I learn about the elite maps, the more I can't wait to run them! By then, I will be ready to party up and help others however I can.

With all the hardworking players on here, are there any aiming for PvE leaderboard?
    The current PVE kill counts across all the classes are so outrageously high now that running watchers tomb or kraag tomb is the only method of catching up. It requires incomprehensible amounts of time and dedication to achieve, and if you choose to do this, plan on doing this and only this for a long long time.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    The current PVE kill counts across all the classes are so outrageously high now that running watchers tomb or kraag tomb is the only method of catching up. It requires incomprehensible amounts of time and dedication to achieve, and if you choose to do this, plan on doing this and only this for a long long time.
    Arkanem, the leaderboard is so incredibly competitive! I watch that board like a hawk everyday and some of those players can jump 20k+ in a single day! It's unbelievable, but I like a good challenge lol. I haven't tried any of the tombs but am planning on doing so once I cap as suggested from an earlier post. Thanks for reinforcing that idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

That's good to keep in mind. I was wondering what I will do once I reach endgame. Right now I'm only level 23 with 30k kills, but hopefully in the next 2 months I will reach endgame status.

By the way, are you THE Infamous Ravagerx on LB? If so, I hope to join you up there one day
    Remember when boss was #1 in lb, well I never see anyone talk about him anymore... anyways good luck if you reach lb for warrior I'll be right behind you(soon past you) on spot on pve kills lb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

also palm rock island and lost cove normal maps scale to level 41. .nordr elites as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Twinisland View Post
    Remember when boss was #1 in lb, well I never see anyone talk about him anymore... anyways good luck if you reach lb for warrior I'll be right behind you(soon past you) on spot on pve kills lb.
    Haha! I'm holding you to that Twinisland! A little friendly competition won't hurt lol. What's your IGN? Feel free to add me so I know when I've beat you to the LB =P jk!

My IGN: Alafonta and secondary char is: AndyMarcMD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kananaskis View Post
    also palm rock island and lost cove normal maps scale to level 41. .nordr elites as well
    Sweet! I should be able to hit those maps in the next few weeks. That's good to know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Haha! I'm holding you to that Twinisland! A little friendly competition won't hurt lol. What's your IGN? Feel free to add me so I know when I've beat you to the LB =P jk!

My IGN: Alafonta and secondary char is: AndyMarcMD
    IGN:Tankkillz feel free to add me too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Dont care about KDR ever.
    Get as many kills you want. But don't care about the deaths.
    To keep less death one would only play only normal Tombs or easier maps. Whats fun in that?