Thread: Platinum to gold conversion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Platinum to gold conversion

Please update the platinum to gold conversion rates. This was set years ago when the game first started and 1 million gold was actually a lot. As of now this feature is completely useless. The conversion rate now should be something closer to 8 mil for every 1500 platinum. Not to mention I suspect that you would see a significant spike in platinum purchased if there was less gamble involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khicho View Post
    Please update the platinum to gold conversion rates. This was set years ago when the game first started and 1 million gold was actually a lot. As of now this feature is completely useless. The conversion rate now should be something closer to 8 mil for every 1500 platinum. Not to mention I suspect that you would see a significant spike in platinum purchased if there was less gamble involved.
    The platinum to gold conversion is used by players who don't want to send time playing. The actual conversion is good. If you're not using it, don't think that others don't too. I beleive players who don't want to spend time on game should not get easy money. If people can get 8mil from spending 1500 platinums... then the Locked Crate Market will be totally annihilated by platinum farmers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is the conversion rate set in all of sts games. I doubt they will ever change it.

I think it would be wise not to, this would create even a greater chasm between the plat and non-plat players which would culminate into aggressive ranting on how this game is turning into even more "plat-based".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Ummm do you play the same game as me? If you think for a second that the people getting rich in this game are the ones farming pve you are sadly mistaken. Platinum is and always will be the driving force behind AL. How do think the games content, maintenance, expansions, and staff are paid for? Not to mention in order to spend the gold someone will still need to open the locks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Ummm do you play the same game as me? If you think for a second that the people getting rich in this game are the ones farming pve you are sadly mistaken. Platinum is and always will be the driving force behind AL. How do think the games content, maintenance, expansions, and staff are paid for? Not to mention in order to spend the gold someone will still need to open the locks.
    I play the same game... and sadly many people put a lot of money to open Locked Crates... There are also many people buy Elixir Kits/Ankh Kits/Respec Scroll to sell and merch on Auction. With the arrival of the Mythic Pet in Beastmaster's shoppe, the plat spending will riiiiiiise. Note that many people bought Animal Crates.

Chipping said it right. The Plat -> Gold conversion is same in all Legends. Rising that conversion <<would create even a greater chasm between the plat and non-plat players which would culminate into aggressive ranting on how this game is turning into even more "plat-based".>> (Quoted Chipping)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

No thanks we don't need inflation

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Excuse me for a second, that was only during the 1 day of AL. Until the devs sent out an update the second day. Literally reducing the gold output from quests, increasing potion prices and more.

And on PvE farming, yes people get rich by farming from PvE. You can join any elite farming guild, it requires patience and some passion to run elites.

Platinum doesnt meant EVERYTHING. Go farm in PvE or pay STS and use your brain to get rich. If you see the paid path only, try to discover some more stuff...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Youd get a much greater conversion rate if you didn't spend thy platvon buying gold but buying plat pets like abbadon right now or luck or damage kits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Increase plat conversion rate will drive prices up, in the end the difficulty of getting items will even out and it will be the same as it is now.

The actual conversion rate is around 2k for one plat or 3k for one plat depending on how much in a hurry you are by selling plat purchased items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

if there is such a great plat conversion rate u would see lots of non plat players leaving

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)