Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kill counts

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts

Default Kill counts

We launched the game with players not receiving any XP but receiving a kill for enemies 4 levels below. We then changed it to also not give you the kill unless you receive XP for the kill. Should players receive a kill for enemies that they don't receive any XP for?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Nope.

I think it's better the way it is now. People will just run through mega maze and kill everything instantly to rack up the kills - which doesn't really seem right.

I'm not all that bothered either way though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Absolutely not...this just makes kills mean nothing. Honestly, I think you should wipe the kill counts clean so that everyones kills will be equal and there will be no farming at low levels just to get max kills. However, if you do this, you will need to implement Visible titles instead of just a line that goes across your screen.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Absolutely not...this just makes kills mean nothing. Honestly, I think you should wipe the kill counts clean so that everyones kills will be equal and there will be no farming at low levels just to get max kills. However, if you do this, you will need to implement Visible titles instead of just a line that goes across your screen.
    Instead of wiping kills, which would give the lower levels an advantage when it comes to increasing their kill count. They should reset them to whatever number of kills it takes to get to their level.. For instance if it takes 2,000 kills to get to level 30, then a level 30 should be reset to 2,000 kills...

I see soo many people running around with 6,000-8,000+ kills and just wish I had played back when the game first came out so I could have that high of a number.

It was a good idea anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Reseting it seriously gonna annoy Loso.

That guy has a few tens of thousands of kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizko View Post
    Reseting it seriously gonna annoy Loso.

That guy has a few tens of thousands of kills.
    I honestly do not care one bit, he got most of them in Dark Forest.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,494 Posts

'Kills' and 'xp points per level' are, unfortunately, not directly related, so we can't just say it takes 2345 kills to get to level 12.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I kinda like the set up where if you don't get exp from a kill, you don't get a kill added to your count.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    'Kills' and 'xp points per level' are, unfortunately, not directly related, so we can't just say it takes 2345 kills to get to level 12.

-ALS
    I suppose if you calculate a rough estimate and then reset everyone to that level then it doesn't really matter if its wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If there is a leaderboard for kill numbers comin up.... I think there should be a reset like Diz is sayin...
    Kamja =Bear Revu =Healchantress Kokuma = ranger all 35 on Alt
    Proud Venom Applicant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What you could do is something along these lines (feel free to edit it or input different ideas): Kills remain the way they are. However, after you hit the level cap at 35, the XP you recieve from the kills curls over into the next level (you still stay at level 35, perhaps a bar will show your progressive XP). BUT, you only get about 1/3-1/5 of the XP you normally recieve that goes into the next level. This might even be on top of the fact that these mobs would give lower XP in the future. Basically, give us some XP reward for the kills we still get, however minor it may be. Or perhaps be able to trade in the XP past the cap for certain special items that can't be sold for gold. I'm simply brainstorming here, but I think it would be nice to have the kills stay the way they are, yet those of us who are at the cap still get a nice bonus and something that keeps us focused on the game. This would definitely keep many people occupied until the next set of maps/updates are released, with things other then plowing through levels for gold.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well then let me just say this, If there is ever a leader board for kill count then kills will NEED to be reset... Wether you can reset to a certain amount, or have to do it to zero, it will need to be done. It just gives an unfair advantage.

For example. We have two players, player A and player B.

Player A started when the game first came out. He got to the level cap, and beginning to farm lower levels to boost his count. Player B started a few weeks later, and by the time he had hit the level cap you could no longer increase your kill count from lower level monsters. Player A is in the number one spot on the leader boards by a good 10,000 kills.

No matter how much you farm, or play, catching up to player A would be very time consuming. You would be at the mercy of groups, you would increase deaths, and in general it would be harder. Player A had it easy. He didn't have to worry about grouping, it took him MUCH less time, and he rarely had to worry about a death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconKing View Post
    Well then let me just say this, If there is ever a leader board for kill count then kills will NEED to be reset... Wether you can reset to a certain amount, or have to do it to zero, it will need to be done. It just gives an unfair advantage.

For example. We have two players, player A and player B.

Player A started when the game first came out. He got to the level cap, and beginning to farm lower levels to boost his count. Player B started a few weeks later, and by the time he had hit the level cap you could no longer increase your kill count from lower level monsters. Player A is in the number one spot on the leader boards by a good 10,000 kills.

No matter how much you farm, or play, catching up to player A would be very time consuming. You would be at the mercy of groups, you would increase deaths, and in general it would be harder. Player A had it easy. He didn't have to worry about grouping, it took him MUCH less time, and he rarely had to worry about a death.
    I also agree that the kill count needs to be reset due to this important fact.
    Arcane Legends: Hyun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude, i play this game so much, i love my k/d ratio, i play in HIGHER levels than most people my level do, my kd is 4200/34. I would be so mad if you guys decided to erase it because those of us who actually worked really hard to get to that kd ratio would be let down....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arbyssauce View Post
    Dude, i play this game so much, i love my k/d ratio, i play in HIGHER levels than most people my level do, my kd is 4200/34. I would be so mad if you guys decided to erase it because those of us who actually worked really hard to get to that kd ratio would be let down....
    I also worked hard, but the kills count should have been reset before when kills were no longer counted for monsters that didnt give any exp.

Its just not fair.

Especially when leaderboards come out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It is the right thing to do, that is to reset the kill counts...

The sooner you do it, the easier it will be for everyone too. Just FYI...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

but shouldnt they reward us players who started playing it first? we put the train in motion?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evante View Post
    If there is a leaderboard for kill numbers comin up.... I think there should be a reset like Diz is sayin...
    Mmm, yes. Even though I worked for my cousin's PL account to train him up and get him a lot of kills, and having many kills myself, I still believe that this is fair: if there is going to be a leaderboard for kill numbers, reset the existing players' kill counts, with a bit of a catch.

Players like Loso have gotten many of their kills in lower leveled areas, but as this opportunity is unavailable to us now, leaving his kill count would be unreasonable. At the same time, because he put time into this, while our kill counts are reset to complete zero, give him somewhere around a 2-3k kill headstart?

Dunno how his kill count compares to his past one that I saw, so I can't say much. But resetting kill counts when the leaderboard comes up is fair; if you want to be at the top, you'll spend more time into becoming the top.

And there MUST be job kill count rankings as well; tanks and mages usually don't get as many kills as archers do.
    Vigor - Alterra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by arbyssauce View Post
    but shouldnt they reward us players who started playing it first? we put the train in motion?
    Not if they were to introduce leader boards..

Sorry if you got your kills legit.. So did I, but the people who would be on top of the leader boards would be the people who farmed in the dark forest for weeks before the patch came out that stopped the kills from counting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Reset! the sooner the better