Thread: Target dummies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Target dummies.

If a combat statistics tab is ever included in the game, I would love to see some target dummies for testing rotations ect. I think with the upcoming global cooldown this would be important. I'm not talking about anything major, perhaps just in the BS town there could be a portal that says "Training dummies". To run through the portal you get teleported into a 5 player instance that is simply a circle with 3 different mannequins standing still. The first mannequin would be called "The trial of strength." The dummy would have the stats of a BS Hideout mob, but with infinite hp. The next dummy would be called "The trial of might" This dummy would have the stats of a BS green Goblin thing but infinite hp. The next dummy would be called "The trial of endurance" and it would be larger then the other two. It would have the stats of gold fever and goldfevers hp.

None of these mannequins would be able to move nor attack and would be used for testing rotations and dps. The last dummy is for testing a groups overall dps on a boss. The maps would simply accept anyone who joins until it is full. There would be no booting.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: "The trial of endurance" would respawn 5 seconds after each kill.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

OR they could implement a practice PvP arena where no kills or deaths count.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ummm. How does that let you test dps propperly? I'm saying this would be a good way to let people figure out their rotations when global cool downs come. This would be especialy important if they made a dps/healing recorder ingame. How can you work on rotations that are reocuring when your being killed before you even get through one? *Sigh*
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I like this. Better than doing keeper first on VL. Old times...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Yep - i definitely think target dummies is a good idea. A full practise arena would be better.... Maybe part of the guild setup when they introduce that. A fighting arena add-on?
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I reckon it would be great for comparing group combinations ect. ATM there is heap of info that is just too hard to find out in full combat. As for PvP, I would like a signup 2v2 and 3v3 arena. You go to the PvP guy in that town. Sign yourself up. You add the name/s of your friend/s and that sends them an inv. Once everyone has accepted your entered into a waiting list. If you win its 2k. Can only enter 5times a day.

Either that or your randomly paired with a partner. Probs being randomly paired would be more fair but people would want to play with friends.
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Funny thing, as ridiculous as this sounds, it actually exists Wana test dps or damage, the bandit cells are happy to help you out!

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

an MMO i played before called Rappelz implented this, and it was useful to test your skill dmg while fully buffed, the target dummies had the highest regen and were almost impossible to kill. One team of high lvls with top gear (including me) teamed up for like 1hr to try to kill one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That would be cool. We could have a sort of hero denfese map with different waves.