Thread: I don't think Arcane Legend is as Fun as the old days!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Back in s1, I was a silly little mage who didn't know about respec, had a 3 str 2 int 1 dex build and basically believed that I could get the best possible gear. I spent my days levelling up and standing in pier trying to find a party for elite Bael. When I realized my build was silly, I deleted that mage and build another one. But, while doing all this, the best gear was ALWAYS within reach. By the time Nordr was released, in s3, I had moved on to playing tank. During that reason, I was pretty much in Elite Oltgar all day. I farmed my way to a noble set, an entombed hammer of warfare, and a little gold in my pocket. I even got gutsy and opened rougly 50 elite golden chests at once, which would have sold for enough to buy me a mythic set. My point is, that back then not only was the best gear farmable, but I am sure I could have stood my own fairly well in PvP (i never entered pvp so I would not know for sure).

In s6, I finally got a mythic helm and armor (upgraded). This is when I first entered PvP. At first, I had no clue what i was doing. A kind soul must have seen some sort of potentil in me and invited me to join Epitome of Silentkill, where they taught me not to open a clash with charged nox and about the distance of aimed shot and all kinds of helpful tricks. But even with only a mythic set and a legendary ring, amulet and weapon, PvP was possible and I could hold my own against majority of players.

Today, I am one of those overgeared players the legendary PvPers rightfully complain about. I have enough gear that while VSing a legendary rogue my tactic is pretty to tank their first combo and then 1 hit them while their skill is on cd. Am I they only one who finds something wrong with that. The funny fact is, there are players who can do that against me as well. These are the ring, imbued set and nekro users. I can't even imagine how it is for the legendary players. The gear gap is so ridiculous that there are players with pretty much twice the stats of a legendary one. I do not consider myself to be a noob, but while facing a nekro user, pretty much all I can do is hide and pray that they start pinging out so I have a chance.

Here are solutions to start off with to resolve this obscene gear difference-

1) Give us the lvl 46 mythic ring that should have been released instead of the lvl 41 mythic amulet and MAKE IT FARMABLE. Throw it in locked crates if you want, but make it possible to get without spending a single locked and without requiring a unnatural amount of luck.
    Note: I do not consider planar amulet or nekro farmable because the odds of looted a recipe or fossil are just too low. Also, a high number of ankhs, which are nothing but plats are needed.

2) Make the legendary gear that drops from the hardest elite bosses not 5 levels, but 1 or two levels below the mythic one. Give us an amulet that when ocmpared to the planar amulet only shows a hp difference of 200 or max 300 hp instead of the 700-800 hp it has over the fang of fenrir. Give us a weapon that is only 20-30 damage weaker than the mythic one instead of a 80-100 damage difference. MOST OF ALL GIVE US A NEW MYTHIC RING.

3) Introduce farmable pets that either directly counter nekro and sns, such as a pet that removes all buffs from the opponent team the way misty and ironbite remove debuffs from our own, or a pet that has a similar AA to theirs. For example, a pet that gives us a shield that provides stun immunity and aborbs more than 500 damage would be appreciated. Nekro will remain on top because of the speed boost and the fact that its shield will absorb more damage, but players who cannot afford to spend 50m on a pet have an alternative to it.

4) Start cleaning up PvP, especially ctf. There are far too many players who walk into a pvp, especially ctf, game and simply expect not to be killed or be able to free flag without being bothered. When you kill them, they take offence and start spewing such profanities that if they were not hiding behind a computer screen, would result in them being beaten up. Just the other day, I refused to allow a player to free flag because the opponent team was a player down in a clash, so he blocked the game for over 20 minutes by simply staying dead and trash talking while we clashed. Start banning dummy farmers and actually issuing temporary and eventually permanent bans for the use of excessive profanities.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Back in s1, I was a silly little mage who didn't know about respec, had a 3 str 2 int 1 dex build and basically believed that I could get the best possible gear. I spent my days levelling up and standing in pier trying to find a party for elite Bael. When I realized my build was silly, I deleted that mage and build another one. But, while doing all this, the best gear was ALWAYS within reach. By the time Nordr was released, in s3, I had moved on to playing tank. During that reason, I was pretty much in Elite Oltgar all day. I farmed my way to a noble set, an entombed hammer of warfare, and a little gold in my pocket. I even got gutsy and opened rougly 50 elite golden chests at once, which would have sold for enough to buy me a mythic set. My point is, that back then not only was the best gear farmable, but I am sure I could have stood my own fairly well in PvP (i never entered pvp so I would not know for sure).

In s6, I finally got a mythic helm and armor (upgraded). This is when I first entered PvP. At first, I had no clue what i was doing. A kind soul must have seen some sort of potentil in me and invited me to join Epitome of Silentkill, where they taught me not to open a clash with charged nox and about the distance of aimed shot and all kinds of helpful tricks. But even with only a mythic set and a legendary ring, amulet and weapon, PvP was possible and I could hold my own against majority of players.

Today, I am one of those overgeared players the legendary PvPers rightfully complain about. I have enough gear that while VSing a legendary rogue my tactic is pretty to tank their first combo and then 1 hit them while their skill is on cd. Am I they only one who finds something wrong with that. The funny fact is, there are players who can do that against me as well. These are the ring, imbued set and nekro users. I can't even imagine how it is for the legendary players. The gear gap is so ridiculous that there are players with pretty much twice the stats of a legendary one. I do not consider myself to be a noob, but while facing a nekro user, pretty much all I can do is hide and pray that they start pinging out so I have a chance.

Here are solutions to start off with to resolve this obscene gear difference-

1) Give us the lvl 46 mythic ring that should have been released instead of the lvl 41 mythic amulet and MAKE IT FARMABLE. Throw it in locked crates if you want, but make it possible to get without spending a single locked and without requiring a unnatural amount of luck.
    Note: I do not consider planar amulet or nekro farmable because the odds of looted a recipe or fossil are just too low. Also, a high number of ankhs, which are nothing but plats are needed.

2) Make the legendary gear that drops from the hardest elite bosses not 5 levels, but 1 or two levels below the mythic one. Give us an amulet that when ocmpared to the planar amulet only shows a hp difference of 200 or max 300 hp instead of the 700-800 hp it has over the fang of fenrir. Give us a weapon that is only 20-30 damage weaker than the mythic one instead of a 80-100 damage difference. MOST OF ALL GIVE US A NEW MYTHIC RING.

3) Introduce farmable pets that either directly counter nekro and sns, such as a pet that removes all buffs from the opponent team the way misty and ironbite remove debuffs from our own, or a pet that has a similar AA to theirs. For example, a pet that gives us a shield that provides stun immunity and aborbs more than 500 damage would be appreciated. Nekro will remain on top because of the speed boost and the fact that its shield will absorb more damage, but players who cannot afford to spend 50m on a pet have an alternative to it.

4) Start cleaning up PvP, especially ctf. There are far too many players who walk into a pvp, especially ctf, game and simply expect not to be killed or be able to free flag without being bothered. When you kill them, they take offence and start spewing such profanities that if they were not hiding behind a computer screen, would result in them being beaten up. Just the other day, I refused to allow a player to free flag because the opponent team was a player down in a clash, so he blocked the game for over 20 minutes by simply staying dead and trash talking while we clashed. Start banning dummy farmers and actually issuing temporary and eventually permanent bans for the use of excessive profanities.
    Love this guy he used the hiding behind the screen line. BTW those geared unskilled free flagging players are noobs (not all geared players just the ones everyone hates) I one day wish to become as good as you in pvp.