Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give the farmers a bone !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Exclamation Give the farmers a bone !!!!

Dear StS-

In our ever so patient waiting on the expansion we are coming across a problem. The community is running out of ways to earn gold. The struggle is real!!!! People are getting frustrated because: 1. all legendaries have lost their value in Tind/Tombs. The best weapons go for less than 10K. 2. Arena is a costly adventure and we never really see the recipe or fossil, you can use the search function to view multiple threads on this. 3. We want to save up a little gold now so we have a small stash to spend for expansion.

We know you are busy, so I am going to start out with some super simple ideas of ways to allow farmers to earn some gold with a little of your help. Here is goes, and Arlor feel free to add in your ideas too.

1. Add farmable locked keys to all elite maps, these can be traded and sold in CS. Make them drop like archons off the mobs. Perhaps 3 keys = one free open of a locked crate. The benefit of this is two-fold. First, people will indeed have something to farm in elite maps again. Second, the locked farmers can go back to work because their value will increase. Current market value of locked is 3.5K. That is the lowest I have ever seen them in my time here in AL.

2. Add GOLD drops to the elite map bosses. As I mentioned in the first paragraph, the legendaries are now to the liq point. They are worthless to us. The harder the map the larger the gold payout can be. Payouts from 10K in the easy ones, all the way up to 50K and 100K and very rarely 250K. It's not even a lot but enough that would give the PvE players a little gold building back up.

3. If you have a mythic ring and you have the intent to put it inside the locked go ahead and release it now. Again, this will drive up the prices of the locked and the people farming the keys. Also, this should boost your plat sales because we will be popping for those rings. I am positive you have plans to annihilate us with the expansion difficulty and the mythic ring will be really great for people to use to gear up in preparation.

Thank you for reading, keep in mind your PvE people are twiddling their thumbs and if you want us to continue our patience we do need a band-aid in the form of farming until expansion comes.

Regards,
    Candy

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

+1!!

-Productive

For God's SAKE! lvl 15 armor and helm (rare) for tank
    The guy who scored 4m 20s 420ms in Elite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I agree, I wish they would give a gold prize in locked for 50 mil not 25k, lol, make the experience worth while.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amazonina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Adding in that we don't mean mini-events either to support farming. The problem with those is they are temporary. You need to instill something in the game that gives us perma-farming motivation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great idea...something would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Dear StS-

In our ever so patient waiting on the expansion we are coming across a problem. The community is running out of ways to earn gold. The struggle is real!!!! People are getting frustrated because: 1. all legendaries have lost their value in Tind/Tombs. The best weapons go for less than 10K. 2. Arena is a costly adventure and we never really see the recipe or fossil, you can use the search function to view multiple threads on this. 3. We want to save up a little gold now so we have a small stash to spend for expansion.

We know you are busy, so I am going to start out with some super simple ideas of ways to allow farmers to earn some gold with a little of your help. Here is goes, and Arlor feel free to add in your ideas too.

1. Add farmable locked keys to all elite maps, these can be traded and sold in CS. Make them drop like archons off the mobs. Perhaps 3 keys = one free open of a locked crate. The benefit of this is two-fold. First, people will indeed have something to farm in elite maps again. Second, the locked farmers can go back to work because their value will increase. Current market value of locked is 3.5K. That is the lowest I have ever seen them in my time here in AL.

2. Add GOLD drops to the elite map bosses. As I mentioned in the first paragraph, the legendaries are now to the liq point. They are worthless to us. The harder the map the larger the gold payout can be. Payouts from 10K in the easy ones, all the way up to 50K and 100K and very rarely 250K. It's not even a lot but enough that would give the PvE players a little gold building back up.

3. If you have a mythic ring and you have the intent to put it inside the locked go ahead and release it now. Again, this will drive up the prices of the locked and the people farming the keys. Also, this should boost your plat sales because we will be popping for those rings. I am positive you have plans to annihilate us with the expansion difficulty and the mythic ring will be really great for people to use to gear up in preparation.

Thank you for reading, keep in mind your PvE people are twiddling their thumbs and if you want us to continue our patience we do need a band-aid in the form of farming until expansion comes.

Regards,
    Candy
    I really think you're onto something with those locked crate keys, Candy.

Although I don't think there should be a need for 3 keys, 1 should be fine.

If we keep them at the same drop rate as Archon rings (which are still some of the rarest pieces of gear in the game), they'll be rare enough for people to drop tons of gold and plat on luck elixirs, which means a couple of things for free players.

One, a somewhat free (considering the use of gold on luck elixirs and pots and what not) way to open locked crates without the use of plat. FINALLY!!!

Two, a possible revenue source for a lot of players who are struggling with elite loot drop returns after the content has outlived it's usefulness.

The only catch is that these would have to drop from the two most current elite expansion mobs to maintain value and desirability from endgamers.

As far as the gold drops go, LOL - considering that the most valuable items in this game can be liquidated for pennies I won't hold out too much hope for that suggestion.

Unless ofc bosses are dropping 5 - 10k, then we'll talk.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 03-23-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I think the drop rate should be slightly higher than archons. Also, they could be added in the arena crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

If you need a bone, go to Aegir Island...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Great thread, Candy.

While I see the validity of your points, we shouldn't assume that STG isn't already coming up with their own ways of increasing the payoff of farming. However, it's been suggested many times that gold payouts be added to boss drops, and we saw this with the Gauntlet event, so I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented. It's shocking to me that (from the perspective of any MMORPG) that if I'm going to fight the hardest boss in the entire game (T3 boss in planar tombs) that I most than likely will end up with double rare/epic loot.

The loot system is reliant on stacking luck elixirs with lepre/jack pendants, which in itself is silly. I get that it increases plat sales, but in my 2+ years of playing Arcane Legends I've probably received about 20 legendary drops total without using any luck.

So my suggestions to "give the farmers a bone" are the following:

- Add gold loot to elite bosses Nordr+ (Using the same gold drops/rarity as those found in grand locked creates (2k - common, 5k - rare, 50k - epic etc.). Also, I say Nordr+ because all maps below this are bot-able)
    - Stop re-rolling epic chests to legendary (i.e. planar chest -> grand locked)
    - Allow common, rare, epic items to be crafted into legendary gear (this would allow new players to have a chance to receive better gear, and allow for SOME usage for this useless gear)
    - Rethink Hauntlet rewards (right now I'm not running 250 times for a dumb shiloh)
    - Use the Gauntlet as the Lower Hauntlet (but vary the bosses like in Arena)
    - Increase the liquidation value for items, meaning rare items would sell for like 100 gold, epic could sell for 200 gold, and legendary could sell for 500 gold. Small change, but it would add up over time for any farmer.
    - Incorporate lock keys (like Candy mentioned).

What STG doesn't realize is that farming is a solid source of platinum revenue. With increased rewards for farming comes an increase in the amount of players farming, an increase in elixir usage, and with increased elixir usage comes increased platinum sales. During the start of season 5 I found myself stacking damage elixirs with luck elixirs nearly every single run. This is 10 plat every 30 minutes. In my opinion the problem is that STG incorporated locked crates back in 2013, and probably saw a huge increase in revenue and has been using this as a crutch (along with platinum sales) to drive revenue. This reliance is not sustainable, and as a result they've overlooked key revenue driving aspects of the game, and now their plat sales are suffering as evidenced by the 3.5k locked crate price. As a result they've resorted to mindless events that require loads of platinum and time to win, and every more common platinum sales. Quite a snowball effect, huh?

If they really cared about farming, which they don't because it doesn't create enough revenue as - say - a new arcane or mythic pet would, then they would've addressed these fundamental issues (which are simple fixes) a long time ago.

Candy I hope you keep fighting for the farmers, and I hope STG actually listens to you, and doesn't say "We are aware of this issue and will take it back to our developers. Closing this thread" like they always do.
    Last edited by raw; 03-23-2015 at 03:00 PM.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Most players aren't 200m rich. Some hardly scrape through. Sts should look into the matter and provide proper ways of earning gold to both end gamers and new players.
    Recently with the coming of planar tombs it provided a way for players to earn some gold. If I remember correctly chests originally came out at 800k gold and so did the weapons. This provided farmers an incentive to farm these maps constantly. The prices of the items went down in around 2-3 months. Though the planar knives and chests still linger at 250k unlike the warrior and sorc weapons. The 250k is still a pretty good amount for many players.
    Instead of giving a 2x weekend of mythic and arcane or egg chests give a 2x weekend of say some good farmable items which give players some chance to earn extra gold. If I am correct 2x chances for say things like dragkin teeth make people run the game more then some arcane item which rarely drops.
    Like candy said make some new farmable drops available in elites like the key suggestion. It would help boost both players gold and plat sales.
    *giving special emphasis to raw's point - stop re-rolling epic chests to legendary lockeds*
    Also please look at the recipe and fossil drop at arena. I mean its laughable how people haven't been able to even see one after thousands of run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Great ideas +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Nice suggestions,hope they see this.
    YOU HAVE FAILED THIS GAME!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Maybe STS' view like this for quests:

When the gold drops is increased, more and more players will run for the quests, and they will make up alts, thus giving them an advantage of "farming gold". So this gives a blasted rise in gold, ppl will be able to buy lots of stuff, and then arcanes, mythics and other goodies demand's increases and their prices will automatically ping up. Or people will just keep farming and...maybe chaos? Well, i have no idea why they cant buff the drops for bosses alone, T3 boss is crazily hard, yet they literally dont care to give a 100g drop...

For PvE boss kills:

Let elite zones drop gold with a static chance from mobs, with static - the lepre's, lixs are of no use. Insane bosses like in T3 or shuyal(man, shuyal is harder than tindirin -.-) Its not a bad idea. Just the way leprechoblins gave us 100+ gold, why not in the expansion the bosses drop gold? At least with a chancee of like 100g / 3-7 runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

my suggestion, please re-adjust the gold drops to our current end lvl, i find it very disappointing that an arena boss drops 7 gold, when a pet feed is 1025 gold, we spend much more pots than in early seasons, also klaas 25/25 shazbot 5/5 pots and arena chest 50 mana or 50 health potions are a bad joke. give shazbot 100/100 pot, klaas 250/250 pot, arena chest 500 mana or 500 health potions.

and please remove the common,rare, epic drops, just drop that 7-14 gold instead directly, very annoying to clean inventory from these trash items.
    Last edited by Haligali; 03-25-2015 at 05:35 AM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Increasing gold drop from 10-30k for elite will really help everyones purchasing power.
    Last edited by epicrrr; 03-25-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: loot = gold.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    my suggestion, please re-adjust the gold drops to our current end lvl, i find it very disappointing that an arena boss drops 7 gold, when a pet feed is 1025 gold, we spend much more pots than in early seasons, also klaas 25/25 shazbot 5/5 pots and arena chest 50 mana or 50 health potions are a bad joke. give shazbot 100/100 pot, klaas 250/250 pot, arena chest 500 mana or 500 health potions.

and please remove the common,rare, epic drops, just drop that 7-14 gold instead directly, very annoying to clean inventory from these trash items.
    I think those are meant for extremely cheap players to use. The problem is mainly caused by pets who pick up all the drops. Maybe have a control panel for pets:

Pick items
    Pick gold
    Attack enemy

We could also set some priorities, like asking the pet to pick up drops behind us rather then attacking, or attack first then take all drops.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    I think those are meant for extremely cheap players to use. The problem is mainly caused by pets who pick up all the drops. Maybe have a control panel for pets:

Pick items
    Pick gold
    Attack enemy

We could also set some priorities, like asking the pet to pick up drops behind us rather then attacking, or attack first then take all drops.
    There are legendary equipments in cs for 100 gold.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

My suggestion is to:

For mid geared ppl that can't run tombs for profit ----> put hammerjaw inside Elite golden pirate crates and Glacian inside Elite golden chests, this would encourage new capped ppl to introduce to farming elites whitout discrimation on gear, thats maps are doables whit full legendarys.

For better geared ppl ----> Introduce that key's to open locks for free on Elite shuyal and Elite tindirin, but not arcane rarity, anyway we gonna get 6k for it. This gonna be good because ppl will open more locks, so price will raise and locks farmers can farm whit profit and elite farmers have something to do, the revenue from sts that lost 15plat for every lock opened can be counted by need to use ankhs/elixirs.

Planar tombs ----> Make the elite planar chests that loot 3 items, that gonna help increase the price of chest due to reduce price of dark/imbued sets (reduced price of thats sets gonna help balance the rich/poor gap, atleast on stats), also put shade egg purchasable from vendor for... lets say 800-1000 fragments. (atm in my knowledge only 2 players have that pet so its more rare than nightshade or SnS).
    Last edited by Enterradora; 03-25-2015 at 02:05 PM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    There are legendary equipments in cs for 100 gold.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Then you think they should be removed for next cap too? When they remove epics, it's from all maps, not only Brackenridge (where we get most crap because of locked farming). Honestly, we can't really remove those from the first maps neither since the new players don't really know about the Cs and how things really work. They take the gear they found, and equip it. I made new alts... and I didn't buy legendaries before reaching lvl15.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    My suggestion is to:

For mid geared ppl that can't run tombs for profit ----> put hammerjaw inside Elite golden pirate crates and Glacian inside Elite golden chests, this would encourage new capped ppl to introduce to farming elites whitout discrimation on gear, thats maps are doables whit full legendarys.

For better geared ppl ----> Introduce that key's to open locks for free on Elite shuyal and Elite tindirin, but not arcane rarity, anyway we gonna get 6k for it. This gonna be good because ppl will open more locks, so price will raise and locks farmers can farm whit profit and elite farmers have something to do, the revenue from sts that lost 15plat for every lock opened can be counted by need to use ankhs/elixirs.

Planar tombs ----> Make the elite planar chests that loot 3 items, that gonna help increase the price of chest due to reduce price of dark/imbued sets (reduced price of thats sets gonna help balance the rich/poor gap, atleast on stats), also put shade egg purchasable from vendor for... lets say 800-1000 fragments. (atm in my knowledge only 2 players have that pet so its more rare than nightshade or SnS).
    You brang the Key concept many times. As you said, the key should be found in elite maps: especially elite Shuyal and Elite Tindirin. Maybe we should keep it for the elite version of the latest released campain, which is tindirin atm. We can also bring the mythic locked crate concept. The keys would open both mythic and legendary locked crate. The price to open normal locked would drop to 5 platinums, a lower drop rate and will not contain the new mythics and arcanes. The mythic crate would be opened for 20 platinums, with a slightly higher drop rate for new mythic only (will not contain the old).

I kinda wonder how the economics wil go with this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Then you think they should be removed for next cap too? When they remove epics, it's from all maps, not only Brackenridge (where we get most crap because of locked farming). Honestly, we can't really remove those from the first maps neither since the new players don't really know about the Cs and how things really work. They take the gear they found, and equip it. I made new alts... and I didn't buy legendaries before reaching lvl15.
    Ok, then remove them from elite maps and tombs only, so thats your reward if you farming jarl