Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CTF vs. Arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    Read what I said, lol.
    Don't mind him, just a modest 73 warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post

He always minds me. Im his bro.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Why you looking at where I live, stalker. 😑
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Lol at that^

so true
    Check out my Step By Step L.15 Mage Guide

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173840-gt-THE-L-15-Complete-Mage-Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

I hope in Finland, the education systems don't teach how to be an egotistical maniac. I mean they do have "the best" schools right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

CTF is for Pros only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Respecs View Post
    CTF is for Pros only.

How?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

CTF is for Pros only.
    yea for pros only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrrobbinhood View Post
    yea for pros only

Then explain what you are doing there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    Then explain what you are doing there?

Wat. He's 76 your 73 he's better than u u dagger but don't cri u will be liek me soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

CTF requires far more strategy and teamwork than a 1v1 where you say "go." You have to time your buffs, be aware of your team, be aware of other team, know how to handle fights vs various classes simultaneously, know range, know your role in CTF (tank, kills, support) all in real time.

FFA DM is comparable, but there you only have two objectives, kill and survive. CTF still requires more strategy, and as someone said, a kill is not the only objective, although it is necessary to win.

I've found CTF most enjoyable at endgame, it's the best understood there and provides the greatest range of skill and is often active.
    Last edited by The Sadness; 05-09-2015 at 08:18 AM.

PL: Flawless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Indeed CTF requires more skill in my opinion. Like sheugokin said there are many things to know in order to win the game, including skills,team fights etc. Spawning people also requires skill because you have to time your buffs or the opponent can oneshot you, this requires a lot of practice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sadness View Post
    CTF requires far more strategy and teamwork than a 1v1 where you say "go." You have to time your buffs, be aware of your team, be aware of other team, know how to handle fights vs various classes simultaneously, know range, know your role in CTF (tank, kills, support) all in real time.

FFA DM is comparable, but there you only have two objectives, kill and survive. CTF still requires more strategy, and as someone said, a kill is not the only objective, although it is necessary to win.

I've found CTF most enjoyable at endgame, it's the best understood there and provides the greatest range of skill and is often active.
    Quote Originally Posted by humiiii View Post
    Indeed CTF requires more skill in my opinion. Like sheugokin said there are many things to know in order to win the game, including skills,team fights etc. Spawning people also requires skill because you have to time your buffs or the opponent can oneshot you, this requires a lot of practice.
    Um, no. Refer to this argument from before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin View Post
    Well that seems rather simple doesn't it. What happened to the idea of teamwork? PvP with the "Go" system is solely independent. In "real" CTF matches between so-called "pros," the players would discuss the strategies to defeat the enemy team. (Ex: Target the bird b/c he/she is carrying the team)

It takes more money???? What????

As for arena taking more skill, refer to the argument above ^

Planning? CTF incorporates everything one knows into a teamfight. It is simply NOT just an individual success that will carry a team. (Yes, maybe one particular player is better than others.) But one person may not win the entire game.

Like I said, to excel in CTF you need to know everything that is in Arena. Arena on the other hand does not incorporate everything in CTF (Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time.)
    Who uses the "Go" system? Last I remember, the "Go" system was never an actual implication in PvP. People rarely use it these days, even I myself do not use it, nor like it. As for your steadily statements of "real", and "pros", I can apply it to Arena the same way: "In "real" Arena matches between so-called "pros", the players would discuss the strategies to defeat the enemy team. (Ex: Target the bird b/c he/she is carrying the team)."

Yes, it takes more money. A fox with molten gear can capture a flag. A fox with molten gear cannot defeat a Lust Paladin.

As for CTF taking more skill, refer to my argument above ^

Yes. In CTF one person can win the entire game. I'm quite sure any vaguely skilled fox can single handedly win a CTF game with minor team support. It isn't the same in Arena. In Arena you need to know how to kill if you want to ensure a win. In CTF all you need to know is how to stall for an opening to capture the flag, & return it to base. It doesn't matter how skilled your "team" or a "player" is. All that matters is the speed/tank-ness of your class to win in a CTF game. (Exactly why 2 Lust Paladins + 1 Lust Fox/3 Lust Paladins can win any CTF match, no matter what players you choose to fight against it.)

CTF and Arena are two different kinds of PvP categories. You assuming CTF requires all the things you need to know in Arena, is quite false. Seeing how it's quite false, I can say that Arena requires all the things you need to know in CTF, bringing this argument to a never-ending cycle. And yes, all of these things: (Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time) are incorporated in Arena. Arena can span to an amount of ten players in total(5v5), it is not only a consistency of 1v1 standoffs.

Also as a side-note: People who would like to settle differences and see who the better player is usually fight 1v1 in Arena (First to 5/10, or first to X amount of kills). I've never seen two players argue about who is better and exhibit it in a "CTF match", reason being: CTF does not require as much skill as you think. All the more reason why I find your statements quite a one-sided farcical. Please get better points.

You are speaking in such an ideal manner.

Just because you don't say go, doesn't mean everyone won't say go. It has been implemented because of the players. We are the problem for the "Go" system.

In that scenario, yes CTF takes no skills with 3 speed characters. How about a more balanced team? How about 1 of each "standard" class?

And 5v5s, I STILL see go..................

BTW, there are plenty of people that agree with me, so my points are indeed valid, so either you have mistaken or my points are too good to be true

I have to go cause this Bio work is just getting to much. Cya.
    I'm hardly speaking in an ideal matter. I gave you all of my points, and all of them were quite accurate. You're speaking biasedly towards CTF.

The "Go" system is boring. Arena was made for FFA, not the make-believe "Go" system.

3 speed characters? Quite sure I mentioned only 1. As for your "standard" class, refer to my previous reply where I said "3 lust paladins".

Seeing how you say this...then you should know Arena takes all of the "skills" that you posted above... "(Ex: Teamfight, sacrificing a death to get a point, and healing/reviving at the correct time)". So why did you say Arena didn't require any of those skills labeled?

I just shot all of your points down. I also didn't say your points were "invalid", I said your points are quite a one-sided farcical. Also, people probably agree with you because they feel the same way towards CTF as you do...if I got a bunch of arena junkies, I guarantee they'll all also agree with my points.

I'll be here. Waiting on that counter-argument.

Can we all agree that "a pro" in PL is one who excels in CTF?

I mean, I'm sure half of the pallies have like 2:1 arena KDR but hides his/her stats for CTF. Hmm...

Why is CTF harder?

1. Need to know skill range regardless of stadium
    2. CORRECT utilization of skills especially birds and mages and bears at a lesser extent. (When to conserve MS and when not to)
    3. Kiting.
    4. Team fight includes correct timing of skills. Bears knock back all enemies with stomp when their mages/birds are low on health or initiates fights. Mages need to know correct timing to heal.
    5. Tanking the flag.

Arena can take as little as 1 min to get to 10.

CTF matches can take ETERNITY because a kill does not matter in the long run.

Anyone agree? Because lately pallies have been pissing me off, saying that they are pro when they can't even tank/peel for the squishies.

Peace,
    Sheu "Alex"
    Oh lord. I won't even reply to this thread in a constructive way.

I'm just going to say this: All the things you said about CTF, applies to Arena. Instead of letting endgame anger cloud your mind, please take into consideration that Arena takes the same amount of knowledge+skill as CTF no matter the level. If it's the "pallies" that anger you, become one, and show them "how it's done". There's a reason why endgame is such an outrageous egotistical level more than most of the other levels...(OP Str Sets).

Oh, I'm also going to add this part to confirm my past statement about the OP Str Sets:

Give a 77 Lust Str Set to any completely noob mage with only a basic knowledge of PvE, and watch how they're still able to kill "the best" pure Int Mage in endgame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrrobbinhood View Post
    yea for pros only
    CTF is for Pros only.
    Keep prattling. If you truly have that mindset, it's not a wonder why you both just continuously play Arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Ctf is probabaly what's kept me interested in the game the most and friends of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

To think people still play pocket legends in mid 2015...
    Iperf
    Proud Member Of <Restoration>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

FFA is the funnest for me, with CTF behind. Ctf takes more skill, but i think FFA is funner overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

ctf ftw There's nothing i like more than capturing flags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Budapest be spamming Paragraphs to entertain himself.
    Hope is Hungry.