Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hello, please no more events in AL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

No need to trash the OP like this. To be honest, I'm tired of all these so called mini events too. Actual events are cool, mini events do nothing for the majority of players but increase lag and disconnects. And I find them a waste of resources that could be channelled into something actually useful. Like, say, skill system revamp or class balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Seems like it's more fun to chat and give feedbacks in forum than playing in the events!

Thumbs up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thanks for all of this great feedback guys. We appreciate it. We know that not every event is for everyone, and an expansion is always better than temporary content, but what we hope (like some have mentioned already) is that these events will give you something fun and active to do with your friends while we plug away at the expansion content. Also, these events give us a great chance to test things that we'll be using in the coming expansion, like the community goal used in Love Crafting. Everything is for a reason! We do our best to put in a little something for everyone. Farming events, leaderboard events, crafting events, collecting events. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions for future events you would like to see, and we will most definitely be getting that expansion into your hands as soon as possible.
    Thank you for all you do for us. I won't say I enjoy all events but I do appreciate the effort put forth. For the most part I would like to see more events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    No need to trash the OP like this. To be honest, I'm tired of all these so called mini events too. Actual events are cool, mini events do nothing for the majority of players but increase lag and disconnects. And I find them a waste of resources that could be channelled into something actually useful. Like, say, skill system revamp or class balance.
    i am 100% with you on the skill revamp or class balance issue. as i am with candy on the issue of elite farming devaluated/replaced by events. however having good events doesn t mean you can t have a skill revamp/ class balance or revised elite map loot. one thing doesn t exclude the other, just try to give feedback a bit more nuanced so stg has a chance to improve the things that didn t work so well or suggestions how to improve things (as candy did in the throw farmers a bone thread). and keep in mind the last events were all free.
    it s not about bashing the OP but just saying no to events isn t helpful at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Idk why ppl say that events don't have profit:

1. Gauntlet I: No profit there cuz no loot (was first try of that kind of events so its ok), i got the banner and prizes from top 10 LB.
    2. Love Event: After bought ALL vanitys from vendor for my 3 different alts i farmed around 2m in gold and still have 150 lovecraft chests for sale
    3. Craftmania: Upgrade my gear not perfect and got all perfect plus some items randomly bought, make super and sold for x2 or more price
    4. Lepregoblin: I got the banner (1.5m if im not wrong), 400+ locks still hoarding when big event comes, St Patrick Platinum chest sold for 500k also made 300k or so selling low level legendarys from brackenridge, getting the gold drops and sold the vanitys. I got all vanitys for my 3 different alts.
    5. Guantlet II: Atm #3 rogue on LB, burned 21 ankhs in total, they drop pretty nice so not so much waste, got around 50 XP elixirs (500k atm) and the the prizes from LB.

So no complains, for a newbie players that events its the best chance to gear up and start enjoy the game and don't go always broke and naked.

If u don't like the event just don't play and keep doing what u doing before the event, its simply.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post

1. Gauntlet I: No profit there cuz no loot (was first try of that kind of events so its ok), i got the banner and prizes from top 10 LB.
    2. Love Event: After bought ALL vanitys from vendor for my 3 different alts i farmed around 2m in gold and still have 150 lovecraft chests for sale
    3. Craftmania: Upgrade my gear not perfect and got all perfect plus some items randomly bought, make super and sold for x2 or more price
    4. Lepregoblin: I got the banner (1.5m if im not wrong), 400+ locks still hoarding when big event comes, St Patrick Platinum chest sold for 500k also made 300k or so selling low level legendarys from brackenridge, getting the gold drops and sold the vanitys. I got all vanitys for my 3 different alts.
    5. Guantlet II: Atm #3 rogue on LB, burned 21 ankhs in total, they drop pretty nice so not so much waste, got around 50 XP elixirs (500k atm) and the the prizes from LB.

So no complains, for a newbie players that events its the best chance to gear up and start enjoy the game and don't go always broke and naked.

If u don't like the event just don't play and keep doing what u doing before the event, its simply.
    Compelled to respond, to STS dont think that everything is so rosy.
    • These awards were earned when playing near to the 24/7. For those who plays for fun a couple of hours and less (these casual events should be oriented on these people IMO) there is no payback (no LB = no prizes; loot is rare; remember how much people didn’t get vanity they wanted during lovecraft, and I just keep silent about leprechaun vanities) and, express the majority of old players opinion, no fun after 2-3 runs.
    • Not every tank who want to play event can find party (btw they are so bored, they should be your #1 clients). And this is not their problem!
    • Gauntlets are hard enough even for good geared endgamers, it is hard and frustrating for poor geared players. I heard it easier for twinks, but twinks gear cost a lot too and not everyone wants spend hard earned gold for try (remind, I’m talking about poor). So casual event too hard for most part of players for whom the free content is primarily intended.
    • I don’t believe there are significant number of new (non capped) players, and doubt even more that they play gauntlets (but agree that they couldn’t avoid candies and leprechauns). So that the paragraph (about events are fun for new players and chance to gear up) in support of recent events seems to be doubtful.
    Last edited by rstilzchen; 04-01-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post

To difference of you, you are a adicted :/ and with all the free time of world

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Events are OK for the most part. But when I find myself non stop running for a vanity or a banner, this starts to feel like busy work. Aside from "having something to do" I'd like to feel productive with the time I spend playing. I don't consider grinding these events for untradeable vanities or a banner productive. How many banners can u wear? I find it interesting to see ppl work so hard for something that just ends up in stash and they are right back in the old favorite vanity. I just won't do it anymore. I try to keep running planars and arenas but that's getting old too. Junk drops like crazy while the rate on valuable items is nil. On top of this you add the one hit bosses and expenditures and it really taxes the fun factor even more. A large number of my friends have stopped playing.
    Something I'd like to address is the fact that STS just doesn't seem to understand that they can do anything they want. Why is there no good daily log in rewards that increase over time with daily log ins? Why aren't there prizes for each and every ap? Why don't they implement guild or tower events we can run solo or w our guild for certain (not random) items? Theres no rewards for PvP. Other games reward their players with sometimes ridiculous amounts of tangible goods. It's a way of saying "here devoted fans of our game, play, be merry, have this stuff and enjoy!". Here we get nothing. No matter how hard one might work. You just might come out empty handed. Tough luck? Pff this is a video game. Why does it feel more like homework?
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually I like the events. I think there was an event for everyone, from casual to hardcore. Yes, an expansion would be nice, but events in between is good, too.

I did think the Lovecraft and Crafting events were really good for beginners since anyone could farm the essences, candies, chests and sell those. Yes, each item was a tiny amount of gold, but you could get lots of items easily and fund your potions and basic equips.

As for specific events:

Winter Event - I farmed the heck out of this, mostly for the eggs and unique items and chests. Got lots of nice items from this event and still have lots of other nice items from this event. Did not spend that much on purchased energies either.

Gauntlet I - tested it. Thought it was interesting but not for me. I did not want to spend the next x days of my life in game.

Lovecraft Event - I farmed the heck out of this event, as well as purchased many (thousands?) of candies and lovecraft chests. I hope I gave lots of new players good playing money. I made many of my toons vanities. Wish there was a cool down period as I did not get to turn in all my kits, but oh well. I got plenty and the vanities were great.

Craftmania - I only upgrade my equips during 2x gem events, so I used many of my toons and got something like 50 grands. Very cool.

Lepregoblin Event - Did enough to get about 7 sets of vanities.

Gauntlet II - haven't had time to try this.

I think the events are a good mix from casual to hardcore, something to keep people interested between expansions and new real equips.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i am 100% with you on the skill revamp or class balance issue. as i am with candy on the issue of elite farming devaluated/replaced by events. however having good events doesn t mean you can t have a skill revamp/ class balance or revised elite map loot. one thing doesn t exclude the other, just try to give feedback a bit more nuanced so stg has a chance to improve the things that didn t work so well or suggestions how to improve things (as candy did in the throw farmers a bone thread). and keep in mind the last events were all free.
    it s not about bashing the OP but just saying no to events isn t helpful at all.
    I agree.

Problem is I don't see any work being done on any of the important issues in this game like skill system, lag issues, class balance etc.

Problem is it takes forever to fix even minor stuff like that freaking frost bow proc that flings bosses all over the place.

Problem is they seem unable to understand that a 100 gold drop is not "substantial".

Problem is we've had broken skills for months and even years and a lot of players use them because they have no idea said skills are broken.

I'd rather have 0 (zero) events and regular fixes/updates, than 100 pointless mini events and 0 useful fixes/updates.

p.s. Same applies for all those new useless pets like Foxy, Silver etc. A total waste of time and resources on the devs part.

p.s.2: OK, I take my words back lol. Seems like they will be fixing things like the frost bow proc and nox broken upgrade. Hopefully not an April's fool prank.
    Last edited by Tatman; 04-01-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thanks for all of this great feedback guys. We appreciate it. We know that not every event is for everyone, and an expansion is always better than temporary content, but what we hope (like some have mentioned already) is that these events will give you something fun and active to do with your friends while we plug away at the expansion content. Also, these events give us a great chance to test things that we'll be using in the coming expansion, like the community goal used in Love Crafting. Everything is for a reason! We do our best to put in a little something for everyone. Farming events, leaderboard events, crafting events, collecting events. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions for future events you would like to see, and we will most definitely be getting that expansion into your hands as soon as possible.
    Hiya Remiem,

Can you tell the devs I said that they make really awesome events?
    They are really fun!

Thanks
    -Ruizhe

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Test server yes pls
    Event no pls D:

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hope soon they will create new characters or an advance classes with the existing characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

-1 zz
    - Allows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

–1 we are love event

Ign Wvait – Wvant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wazakesy View Post
    Not letting you win money?..

Er - during lovecraft the boss at least dropped 100+ gold. Every 10 runs you can get 1k, and selling those lovecrafts for 2k-3k, so if u could get 8 chests, thats at least 18k on a minimum scale, and no money?...Did you try the event? Im sue you did. And after all, the essences were tradeable too, and farming anywhere gave you those essences, they werent even as rare as getting lockeds after killing jarl 99 times.

Craft mania...I stacked up on gems and sold them all for almost 10% higher than their original prices. If u 3 gems of different types, you could earn even 3k, regardless of what gem it is.

Goblin leprechaun event was another farming event, to get your vanities..and they could be liquidated for at least 1.5k

I am just pointing out how it was possible to get gold, people may say theres no use of farming, but they do not see the actual point.

Sorry if my post is unconstructive or bad.
    You do all this stuff and you are still poor asf. Gratz! So funny g-m thanked your post, maybe he should try your methods of getting pocket change like you and see how fun it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    You do all this stuff and you are still poor asf. Gratz! So funny g-m thanked your post, maybe he should try your methods of getting pocket change like you and see how fun it is.
    I've tried my hands on merching, I've already got ripped off badly. I have no experience in this, neither am I even capable of merching.

Even the current event is a good chance to get some gold. I've been selling off a lot of golden eggs, I'm happy to see I have made up 770k. I want more, but I have to travel somewhere in a few hours...
    Last edited by Wazakesy; 04-04-2015 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I agree. Dislike those mini-events...
    Proud member of Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I love the mini events and appreciate the innovative little ways that devs have been keeping the game peppy. The mini events are nothing huge but they keep us busy or atleast curious. Sts is also solving bugs now and then. I am a season 1 player and I am still not bored. The aim is to not take the game too seriously and enjoy whatever it is offering. If the events are not interesting to someone, they can skip it and play the usual content. The expansion can come whenever it is ready, surely a sorted out expansion is better than a rushed bug-filled one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

How can you ask for no more events? It confuses me.

Worst sig EU, got bored