Thread: Fun, Awesome Game of CTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Cool Fun, Awesome Game of CTF

With PvP drowning in insecure, overgeared players determined to show off how allegedly powerful they are, I'd like to take the time to share an awesome experience I had playing CTF as it is supposed to be played.

It started as a CTF room with flaggers, except absent were the previously mentioned noob-type players. It was kinda boring so I decided to mix it up and kill a few flaggers. Eventually I was the only player left on my team and the other team had two lower geared mages that were easy to kill for my gear level (mid level gear). I stood my ground in the flag room and wouldn't let them score the last flag and end the game.

To my surprise, they kept persisting and that's when things got really fun. They started working together and trying different tactics. With each successive attempt to score the last flag they got smarter and better, and I also had to change tactics to counteract their moves. During the final attempt, they managed to stun me before I got my shield up and then again with Kelvin and that's when they scored!

I've never been so happy to die and lose a game of CTF lol. They both worked hard and used their smarts to defeat me and my superior gear and I couldn't help but feel really proud of them. I congratulated them both and it was clear they had had a great time and were in a celebratory mood.

Here's to more CTF games like that.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Lol at 15 we had people once in epic and rare gears really showing some real team work to bad that they got crushed by the heavily geared .-.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Props to you for trying to play proper CTF in a game dominated with overgeared people with far less skill than a legendary mage taking his first look into PvP and think its their right to flag! Good job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

just had a ctf game this morning. everyone moves in group of 4-5... so i had to group too. most of the ppl are mid geared and below average tanks. there was a ring rogue in my team, and a kershal mage on theirs. somehow we got into clashes all the time, and we won all the time too with that guy get all the kills lol. it was boring imo, nobody but that rogue can flag until like 15 mins later the ring rogue ended the game.
    id like a ctf game where ppl are divided by stats.. like 300 dmg in room A, 400 in B etc so it will be fair and everyone hav the same chance of flagging.
    P.S im a below-average geared rogue.
    Last edited by bedmaster; 04-04-2015 at 11:21 PM.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bedmaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedmaster View Post
    just had a ctf game this morning. everyone moves in group of 4-5... so i had to group too. most of the ppl are mid geared and below average tanks. there was a ring rogue in my team, and a kershal mage on theirs. somehow we got into clashes all the time, and we won all the time too with that guy get all the kills lol. it was boring imo, nobody but that rogue can flag until like 15 mins later the ring rogue ended the game.
    id like a ctf game where ppl are divided by stats.. like 300 dmg in room A, 400 in B etc so it will be fair and everyone hav the same chance of flagging.
    +10m

Konan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedmaster View Post
    Nice idea but ppl gonna abuse it.
    /g J J 3 low dmg and 2 high damage!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Nice idea but ppl gonna abuse it.
    /g J J 3 low dmg and 2 high damage!!
    LOl

/g jj low damage and high damage