Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Follow Up on the SnS Transfer

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Default Follow Up on the SnS Transfer

Before locking Shinytoy's thread, this was the reasoning Remiem gave for allowing SnS to be transferred to an alternate toon of the previous owner.

"I apologize that this is causing so much trouble. Let me try to explain the reasoning behind this, and then I am going to close the thread to prevent further drama. You all are correct, as a general policy we do not allow players to switch pets between toons. This is still the case. Shady and Surge, however, is very different than other pets. He was obtained ONLY through the LB's for the Ursoth's assault event and has since been discontinued. Unlike other pets in Arlor, if you want one on an alt there is no way to obtain a second. (Yes, this means SnS will not be returning for Ursoth's this year.) Due to the time and effort put in to obtain SnS, and the fact that others are not and will not be available in the future, we allowed one-time transfers of this pet to alt accounts for those who owned the pet. This involved making an appeal to the support team and are considered on a case-by-case basis. The transfer is allowed once, and only once, meaning that the alt account that now has Shady and Surge will be the one it will stay on permanently.

I hope this makes sense, and I thank you all for your feedback on the matter. <3 -Remi:" - Remiem

I was unable to comment on the thread before it was locked, but majority of the points I would have covered were brought up. However, I would still like to say my part, knowing fully well STS will either lock or delete this thread and possible ban me. If they do that, the message they are sending their customers is that if we question their actions and statements, we will pay.

Before I start, I would like to clarify that this is NOT an attack on the players who got their SnS transferred. They have done nothing wrong with requesting that this be done. What I am attacking is the fact that STS allowed this to be done.

I have been led to understand that STS is quite strict on not allowing pets to be transferred to alternate toons. Despite of this they allowed a few select players to do so. This is a speculation, but I am pretty sure the reason the players wanted their SnS transferred is because they have nekro, a pet that surpasses their SnS in majority of situations, or they were a tank, and felt that the SnS would do better on another toon. SnS has been the best pet in the game for almost a year, and only nekro recently provided competition for it. Nekro however, is still incredibly rare, and SnS is still stronger than all the pets 99% of the playing population own, including Samael and Maridos. In an MMO, you buy the gear with the expectation that one day something will be released that surpasses it. The day for SnS came with the nekro buff, and the reign of SnS was over. SnS was dominating PvP and PvE for an entire year, and now that nekro is released, STS simply moved the players SnS to another toon where it will be used instead of being out shined in the stable by nekro. This is nothing but favoritism towards the high paying customers (which most SnS users are).

The reasoning behind this was that SnS is exclusive and will not be coming back. WHY WON'T IT BE COMING BACK? The players who don't have SnS have waited a year to have a chance to get this pet, and now STS is telling is that we can't get it, but the players who already have it can move it around their toons and continue to enjoy its supremacy. STS says that they are only allowing a one time transfer, but since they already are bending the rule of not allowing pet transfers, I doubt they will honor their own word.

In her staement, Remiem says and I repeat, "are considered on a case-by-case basis" . What does that mean? If you pay us more, we will transfer your SnS? Surely, they all must have similar reasons for wanting to transfer their SnS, so how can they reject some people's application and accept others'? Another example of the rampant favoritism at play here. If they had made a statement for all SnS users, stating that they are allowing a 1 time transfer of it, people may have been more understanding, but the fact that majority of major issues are being solved or created behind the scenes annoy most of us, especially those who have been asking for more transparency for a while.

As was said in shinytoy's thread, there are thousands of paying customers out there who want to get SnS and isn't a year long enough to wait? Instead of giving them the opportunity they deserve, STS is providing the current SnS owners with a way to extend their dominance over PvP. That is utter disregard of 99% of the playing population to benefit 1% of it. Complete nonsense and I'm calling it out.

For most players, getting a samael or maridos is not something they will be able to easily repeat, if they can at all. It's not the same, but its similar to the SnS situation. But I don't see STS bending the rules for them. This rule bending for a select few is something we all are getting sick and tired of seeing.

Another issue I would like to bring up is the fact that some people are getting important information regarding buff's, nerfs and changes before the rest of the community is, allowing them to exploit this information. Again, this is not their fault, but STS's for allowing that to happen. I have no rock solid evidence for this, but I, and many others I have spoken to, have our suspicions.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.
    *TO STS: I know you will lock or delete this thread, and possible even ban me, but please know that many of us are getting extremely frustrated with your complete lack of regard for our wishes and constant favoring of a select few.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

The recurring theme that I've noticed is that the elite few players get insider information, and special treatment in Arcane Legends.

I could cite dozens of examples of this but that would do us no good. I do know for a fact though that many players have actually quit this game because of this advantage, which from an economics standpoint is called Insider Tradering - which in the real world is punishable by law (i.e. Martha Stewart)

Anywho... SnS is here to stay, and there's not much we can do. I doubt that Remiem's word is absolute. Just-G acknowledged that bringing it back was a great idea (this was in the chatbox shortly after the fiasco). I do wish that STG focused their attention on the vast majority of their player base, which they are slowly starting to do based on dozens and dozens of threads complaining about skills not working, etc. etc.

Keep the posts constructive like this, King, and maybe we will see change =>

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Another issue I would like to bring up is the fact that some people are getting important information regarding buff's, nerfs and changes before the rest of the community is, allowing them to exploit this information. Again, this is not their fault, but STS's for allowing that to happen. I have no rock solid evidence for this, but I, and many others I have spoken to, have our suspicions.
    ^^THIS. I'm generally very positive about and supportive of STS and their actions, and hey we're all human, and mistakes happen, etc. I've got no beef with genuine errors and I do think that STS are doing their best to ensure a great gaming experience for us. What sours it a little though is this favouritism, whether merely perceived or otherwise. Are we reading too much into things? Possibly, but it does strain my credulity a little when things like this thrice-denied then once-accepted SNS change happen. Consistency is all I really look for; I appreciate Remi's comment that things are evaluated on a case-by-case basis but those cases shouldn't involve breaking STS's own rules, in my opinion. Just my 2c, and to reiterate I'm definitely not hating on anyone, just saying what's on my mind <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

I hate you personally but i love your thoughts and courage to stand up for what you know is right. Cheers and props to op, more power!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This just me but y b worried about what happens with other players if u had u could do to. If there is another pet necro that can compete what does moveing pet to another toon acomplish they still have to possibly face necro. They were nice enough to allow 1 time trade but if it doesnt benefit u u complain just b happy they allow and maybe a perk might come u way 1 day. Y does every1 say p who pay get advantage i donated 90$ and i dont have anything special who cares its a great game for a f2p game so i wanna donate to keep it going maybe try a subscription game it u want what u pay for cause i know me and majority we dont pay so there nothing to expect. Have fun dont tread on another man if he isnt harming game they earned it whats wrong with putti g on another 1 of their toons all this complaining will kill if they ever thought about allowing u to switch between all toons on acct. They own build and design game they can do what they want u dont pay whats the prob how is it affecting u that only the lb winners out of entire community get that 1 time option this games pvp isnt suppurb and frankly screwed up if ur that i to pvp i would suggest trying one of the upper echelon game where lots of strategy involved not ganging or 1 button timeing and this is a game company not wall street last time i cheaked d.c. didnt pass any laws that say game companies cant give small tidbits of info, which is kinda shady i agree, where as insider tradeing involves peoples livelyhood and put ppls financial stability at stake lmfao compare a f2p to insider tradeing where real dirty things happen lol its life things happen like this everyday in ur normal life but u learn to blow it off makeing big and i will say constructive points wont fix whats dont they know their game plan in at start game they had road kap to i wanna say 80 90 higher than game goes i know for sure and im sure its same here i play as if ill b here till end sts will release pet again its a pet not a lvl 15 limited chest from s1 not all pets should be available like clockwork will prob have more ppl participate and try to win bring interest up in sub games i see way to much complaining about what sts does with their company u have a choice play enjoy or move on they game will still b here its a great game so im certain very few would follow if quit this affect a very limited amount ppl every1 wants things their way not carei g about the next guy if u cant get necro move ur lvl if still dont work that proves pvp here flawed move on to more fairly played pvp game not doging u personally i been on forums for years now but dont say much just read and ive been seeing to much negativity but very few threads when ppl get lucky or a break or something constructive that would help game just negativity and worrying about thing that r out of their control if u can do better make ur own game if not face it ur a player just like me so spend more time finding ways to have fun not ways to have hostility in ur heart everytime u log on its pixels u can pull half this stuff off in real world u can chew me out try make me feel dumb i do t care wont reply just dont seem alot ppl enjoy playing game make it to much like life and make it about the possesions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

They're so funny! instead of accepting the fault in their customer support, they made another stupid decision, just to piss more people off.

Gg sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthdlo View Post
    This just me but y b worried about what happens with other players if u had u could do to. If there is another pet necro that can compete what does moveing pet to another toon acomplish they still have to possibly face necro. They were nice enough to allow 1 time trade but if it doesnt benefit u u complain just b happy they allow and maybe a perk might come u way 1 day. Y does every1 say p who pay get advantage i donated 90$ and i dont have anything special who cares its a great game for a f2p game so i wanna donate to keep it going maybe try a subscription game it u want what u pay for cause i know me and majority we dont pay so there nothing to expect. Have fun dont tread on another man if he isnt harming game they earned it whats wrong with putti g on another 1 of their toons all this complaining will kill if they ever thought about allowing u to switch between all toons on acct. They own build and design game they can do what they want u dont pay whats the prob how is it affecting u that only the lb winners out of entire community get that 1 time option this games pvp isnt suppurb and frankly screwed up if ur that i to pvp i would suggest trying one of the upper echelon game where lots of strategy involved not ganging or 1 button timeing and this is a game company not wall street last time i cheaked d.c. didnt pass any laws that say game companies cant give small tidbits of info, which is kinda shady i agree, where as insider tradeing involves peoples livelyhood and put ppls financial stability at stake lmfao compare a f2p to insider tradeing where real dirty things happen lol its life things happen like this everyday in ur normal life but u learn to blow it off makeing big and i will say constructive points wont fix whats dont they know their game plan in at start game they had road kap to i wanna say 80 90 higher than game goes i know for sure and im sure its same here i play as if ill b here till end sts will release pet again its a pet not a lvl 15 limited chest from s1 not all pets should be available like clockwork will prob have more ppl participate and try to win bring interest up in sub games i see way to much complaining about what sts does with their company u have a choice play enjoy or move on they game will still b here its a great game so im certain very few would follow if quit this affect a very limited amount ppl every1 wants things their way not carei g about the next guy if u cant get necro move ur lvl if still dont work that proves pvp here flawed move on to more fairly played pvp game not doging u personally i been on forums for years now but dont say much just read and ive been seeing to much negativity but very few threads when ppl get lucky or a break or something constructive that would help game just negativity and worrying about thing that r out of their control if u can do better make ur own game if not face it ur a player just like me so spend more time finding ways to have fun not ways to have hostility in ur heart everytime u log on its pixels u can pull half this stuff off in real world u can chew me out try make me feel dumb i do t care wont reply just dont seem alot ppl enjoy playing game make it to much like life and make it about the possesions
    Ummmm....what?

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys,

I am going to go ahead and lock down this thread to prevent further drama. Rest assured that your feedback has been passed along to the team. This issue will be addressed later this week.
    Last edited by Arpluvial; 04-04-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arpluvial For This Useful Post: