Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinion: these are the final days of Arcane Legends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default My opinion: these are the final days of Arcane Legends?

I was thinking and talking with a friend and then it hit me. We are moving into AL's final stages of life! I think this next expansion will be the last major update for AL. Here's why:

Disclaimer: This is not a confirmation for the end of AL. This is only an assumption from mine, a player's, own perspective.

Call of Champions
    So first I'll address the elephant in the room. The MOBA being released this summer. Some of you have probably already noticed the unusual amount of dev activity in the CoC section of this site. Yes, I understand that it's a game in development and they are trying to answer a lot of questions from potential players, but their presence on all the other sections have notably lowered. Many people from PL, SL, DL, and especially AL are moving over to CoC when it releases. MOBAs are pretty successful and I assume pretty soon, STS will be focusing 100% of their attention onto CoC. If CoC is executed successfully, they will continue to thrive even after severing the ties to some of their past titles. PL, SL, and DL were announced no more updates EVER last January, probably to focus more dev attention toward CoC. I can imagine them trying to squeeze as much profit out of AL as they can before they do the same to it. Most notably, by releasing...

The Next Expansion
    This next expansion will be released a year and 3 months+ later than Dragon Enclave. I think AL's final cap will likely be Lv46.

Late Bug Fixes
    Since January, quite a few of the old, lingering bugs have been fixed. Could this mean they are finalizing the game? Grinding out the jagged edges and smoothing out the final product?

Orcs and Goblins: New classes?
    Many of you have seen the teasers from A.R.S.E.S. suggesting sightings of Orcs and Goblins. "Could this be teasers for the expansion?" Well, do Orcs and Goblins fit in the same genre of Genies? I'm not so sure. Think back to PL's final major update - the release of 2 new classes (paladin and ranger). Following this pattern, if these two creatures actually do come up to being new classes, then it'll likely be AL's final update. Something to keep players occupied for a while after the game ends to squeeze out more profit before letting its dry carcass fade away.

General Lack of Interest Among Players
    Many many longtime players have left over the past year.

These are why I see AL's final days creeping up. I believe AL will die off slowly after the expansion hits by releasing reskin events one after the other until they get bored with it. They may say that AL will have lots more updates, but after the SnS controversy, I'm really not sure who to believe.
    Last edited by Justg; 04-06-2015 at 08:13 AM. Reason: So much less drama

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

aw.. its sad to hear about it..i still have to do so many things..dam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

sad to say but i think yes...

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

You mad or sad bro? Some strong undertones here. Locking this thread wouldn't affirm or deny anything. What you wrote is provocative and manipulative providing precursors to potential responses from devs or mods.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    You mad or sad bro? Some strong undertones here. Locking this thread wouldn't affirm or deny anything. What you wrote is provocative and manipulative providing precursors to potential responses from devs or mods.
    I'm not mad, nor sad. This thread may be a tad bit provocative, but its not manipulative. I'm just stating what I believe, and I can see a mod or dev locking this thread because this is a strong topic that might invoke a negative feeling towards STS.

I'm not meaning to bash STS, I'm just stating what I see and what I can assume from what's given to me.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    What he is stating is his opinion with valid reason and it is what he thinks and feels he is not telling u to quit he is just stating what he feels and it is ppl wish to read it or not there is no point asking mod to close the thread when some1 is just stating his opinion in a very polite manner

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Me think also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Case of painting this in a bad light here OP...while STS has a "lot" of faults where AL is concerned, your view is a bit extreme. CoC is a pvp game, this means they will still need pve in the picture.
    Every game wishes to make money and every player knows that. If people want to spend platinum its their choice, no "squeezing our money dry" as you say.
    While all you say about events are true, i found better execution and creativity in easter event and couldn't it be possible that these are just fillers for a good expansion.
    Yes its been over an year...for obvious reasons! When AL released, the ideas for all the expansions (except perhaps tindirin) were already present in different degrees. A new game always gets swift and creative updates since the ideas are still fresh.
    While i agree that too a point, STS has given up on AL; i would rather cherish the game for what they have made it as till now rather than whine.
    P.s. All games and shows wither with age, whatever the efforts may be. You've played the stuff hundreds of times, you are bound to get bored.
    A
    To end this monstrosity of a reply i shall say my favourite parting words,
    BUFF THE WARS

10. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Nuuu.Pls dont be true i have been playing this game for a solid 3 years

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

There are some true parts in what was said, and some other parts are kinda exagerated.

Regarding the expansion, the extra needed time is due to lack of ideas, AND because there are more things to design and work then the past expansions. We already discussed that before.

Regarding events, they have a very good idea going on right now, and there is a lot to take from that. There are many new event types that can made out of that.

Regarding bug fixes, It's a confirmation that they will keep wokring on the game. SL didn't get any bug fixed because it was retired. AL has all their attention, and CoC too, but eh.

Regarding Orcs, it's not a new class. Remiem told us to be careful when we see an orc in rooks nest... I guess it's a rare appearence like Bael II or Krunch II or the Elusives. I suggest gathering teams of farmers to cover that map many times in the same day. First team to find the orc wins a huge applaud, and we all see what the orc looks like. We can put a prize pool and compete for it.

Regarding the lack of interest... I am not well placed to judge that. I did notice a lot of inactivity in old players, but I am sure they will wake up when they hear about a new expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    Case of painting this in a bad light here OP...while STS has a "lot" of faults where AL is concerned, your view is a bit extreme. CoC is a pvp game, this means they will still need pve in the picture.
    Every game wishes to make money and every player knows that. If people want to spend platinum its their choice, no "squeezing our money dry" as you say.
    While all you say about events are true, i found better execution and creativity in easter event and couldn't it be possible that these are just fillers for a good expansion.
    Yes its been over an year...for obvious reasons! When AL released, the ideas for all the expansions (except perhaps tindirin) were already present in different degrees. A new game always gets swift and creative updates since the ideas are still fresh.
    While i agree that too a point, STS has given up on AL; i would rather cherish the game for what they have made it as till now rather than whine.
    P.s. All games and shows wither with age, whatever the efforts may be. You've played the stuff hundreds of times, you are bound to get bored.
    A
    To end this monstrosity of a reply i shall say my favourite parting words,
    BUFF THE WARS
    There is a large following for MOBA's and AL will surely be alive for a while, but this next expansion or these possibly-new characters may very well be the final major update for AL. And I wasn't referring to squeezing us dry, I meant squeezing out as much profit as they can out of what they have.

I thoroughly enjoyed AL these past 2 years, I had many good memories and I made tons of friends. But nothing lasts forever and I can see that AL may turn into something like PL/SL/DL one or two years from now, or maybe even sooner.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

No I think arcane legends will continue to be updated alongside the new game I mean why woudnt they. They only have to games to concentrate on and arcane legend still makes them big $$ especially expansions and events because the player base is stil big and people still spend money.

If they do decide to follow the route of pocket legends I will be very disappointed indeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Actually i also tried o and c now. Its actually pretty cool, like so much things to do, but i keep heading back to al because: social life here is easy and better no servers too, so i get to meet and greet different kinds of ppl from all around the globe, cross platform. 2, battle system isnt tpp bad, just imbalanced, but i guess it cudve been better yes but its really not that bad.

I hope the devs dont give up on al, i dont have any other mmo choices to move into lol. If ever they decide to quit on this, i wish its wud be because they have made a better mmo. I hate mobas and i suck at them. Al has been my first big mmo and so much memories are here. But if it ever ends tho, gg, its been a pleasurable year and a half playing with u all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Not sure why or if Spacetime would give up on an established cash cow.
    Selling mythics! Click here.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

no longer a cash cow is why

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

The game is surely running through it's hard time but I think the game will be done when STG releases a new MMORPG.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If u want to make sts focus on Al,just dont play CoC.Less customer less profit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Some of the things u stated are true but i dont think this will be the end of AL.. Maybe it will end after the next ursoth and goblin invasion event, because they said they tested the community goal system in lovecraft event and im sure they will implement this in upcomin events.

Also, the new myth ring isnt very strong but its mythic and with no effect, so maybe there will be a ring upgrade quest? Like myth armor one? Maybe it will increase stats and add effect to something right below arcane ring. But if it AL ends well nothing lasts forever

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bedmaster; 04-05-2015 at 04:35 AM.
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

This has got to be like the 15th post saying '' people are leaving, the game is not fun anymore, bad events''. But honestly,what the hell is wrong? I have been playing for approx 2 years now, and no, I have got to say that the events they released recently were not bad, in fact I remember there were barely much events 2 years ago when I started compared to now. There is new content, they even have this new ''producer'' guy to help them satisfy our wants.In my opinion you are assuming too much, the expansion will be 3 months later then last one...Why is that a reference?They said they were also trying to make tanks and mages more useful in next expansion, also they are probably trying to satisfy the majority of people and not create more drama on the threads once they release an item some people like but most people won't.

I respect your opinion but you should really wait and see...You're predicting way too far ahead.To me...It just sounds like you were searching for random negative points in all your titles...And don't get me started with SnS.....The drama rate is over 9000%...Its not ''that much'' of a big deal imo. Give them some credit please They have been trying to satisfy our wants more then last year and they always have to bare with our negativity that is spread through 15 posts everyday.Maybe if we seemed abit more positive they would feel AL community is good to be with and stick with the game for very long. Also just my opinion, feel free to reply.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Yumisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I strongly disagree, STS have stated the MOBA wont have too many in app purchases apart from a xp boost. AL is their only MMORPG and their cash cow. Last time someone asked a question if AL was close to the end of its life span the devs said they had grand plans for AL still.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post: