Thread: Season KDR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Season KDR

Can we please have a season by season stat amongst are other stats? If like me you may have tarnished your KDR in low levels while learning the game and getting farmer by twinks. Or you might just be having a great season. I think this would more accurately show who's kicking but and whos living off past glory. Thoughts?

Kind Regards,
    Legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendarytelly View Post
    Can we please have a season by season stat amongst are other stats? If like me you may have tarnished your KDR in low levels while learning the game and getting farmer by twinks. Or you might just be having a great season. I think this would more accurately show who's kicking but and whos living off past glory. Thoughts?

Kind Regards,
    Legend
    I don't quite understand the appeal of a great KDR in a game like in Arcane Legends (or in any game, really). It tells you nothing about skill level. You can run the bard's quest all day long and have a perfect KDR with a gazillion kills. If you actually play a difficult level like Planar Tombs, dying is par for the course (and pretty much required for parking).

But if KDR is your thing, more power to you. Players play games for different reasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm talking pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Seasonal LB's have been suggested and majorly supported by the community many times but STS seems to not really like the idea of having to take the time to code such a feature in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Keep in mind that everyone starts off with a bad KDR. When I started PvP I had about 3 or 4 deaths for every kill. Gradually that will improve.

I'll tell you something funny about my KDR in PVE as well. When I first started playing this game, I didn't have any gold or any idea what I was doing. Instead of using pots, I would rather let the mob kill me so that I'd start over with fresh health. I did this numerous times per map.
    I remember when we used to actually rely on heals back in like s1/2. Now running elites costs me like 2-3k potions per run (if not more). The way that I have to use potions makes me look like a madman when I'm running elite shuyal/tindirin.

As per KDR, dont stress about that. It's literally just a number. I remember I used to stress about it and as a result (when I was a twink) I'd spend a good amount of time farming noobs. But at the end of the day, even if you have a 10:1 KDR, it doesn't mean that you're better. I know plenty of people who have lower KDRs that I do, and who are very very skilled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

My KDR for PvP is 600/1995. Stop complaining XD. KDR isn't like other games where it's really important. Honestly, IMO, it doesn't say anything about skill. You could just kill and hide all day long.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

People seem to assume that the purposse of KDR is to show off to others. I personally use it to track my own growth in skill. It becomes extremely tiresome to note down your exact kdr every time you make a slight gear change or learn a new tip. Let there be one permanent kdr that everyowlne can see, but I would love to have a kdr that i can reset whenever I want too as well. Think of it like the mileage if a car. There is a total count of miles traveled and one counter that you usually reset every time you fill up your car to track the efficiency of the car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

let's reset our KDR, then.. please make it happen..