Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    What are "External Folks"?
    External Folks in the sense I think the people who doesn't play STS games and directly if they wanna be in alpha.

That's what it means.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think STG should also host a tournament in Arcane Legends and give the tournament winners as well as the runners up a spot in the Alpha program!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I think STG should also host a tournament in Arcane Legends and give the tournament winners as well as the runners up a spot in the Alpha program!
    While I agree with your idea, i suggest everyone has to fight with lvl starter gear (because some AL players will be better geared than others, and will give the better geared PvP'ers a better chance at getting a spot in the Alpha Testing)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

What are "External Folks"?
    Sorry I was not more clear.

Diamond tier refers to an elite level of player in League of Legends.
    4000+ MMR is a similar rating system in DotA.

Both of these are traditional PC MOBAs (Mobile Online Battle Arena). Call of Champions has similar mechanics, but distilled way down. Similar to what we did with Pocket Legends from PC MMOs.

We've been talking with a few organizations with these types of folks, so this is who we'll be matching you up with
    Last edited by Justg; 04-07-2015 at 07:36 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Sorry I was not more clear.

Diamond tier refers to an elite level of player in League of Legends.
    4000+ MMR is a similar rating system in DotA
    I meant as in is "External Folks" as in people who don't play STS games? or is this meaning a requirement that Alpha Testing applicants have to be LoL Diamond Tier?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

While I agree with your idea, i suggest everyone has to fight with lvl starter gear (because some AL players will be better geared than others, and will give the better geared PvP'ers a better chance at getting a spot in the Alpha Testing)
    At end of day what matter is "SKILL"...not gear to my opinion.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

is this meaning a requirement that Alpha Testing applicants have to be LoL Diamond Tier?
    Absolutely not! But it would be pretty awesome if you were
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasit Prahi View Post
    At end of day what matter is "SKILL"...not gear to my opinion.
    i am not an expert of mobas, but in the few i tested, all players start on the same level each game and have to evolve with the items / facilities on the map. choosing the right balance between offense/defense and developing the character is the key to win the match.

#bettergearwinsperiod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i am not an expert of mobas, but in the few i tested, all players start on the same level each game and have to evolve with the items / facilities on the map. choosing the right balance between offense/defense and developing the character is the key to win the match.

#bettergearwinsperiod
    That's exactly what happens in DOTA.

if we have the skill and knowledge on leveling up the toon through the match and equip the correct items then it's the great to just nail the game.
    Last edited by Prahasit Prahi; 04-07-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasit Prahi View Post
    That's exactly what happens in DOTA.

if we have the skill and knowledge on leveling up the toon through the match and equiping the correct thing then it's the great thing we can have.
    This happens in Heroes of Order and Chaos aswell.
    Personally, I like this way of playing. Every player has an equal chance at fighting and later winning a match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Call of Champions is turning out to be something very special. So much so that we have received an overwhelming amount of requests to play as early as possible, most notably from the professional eSport/ competitive gaming community.

As such, Alpha is going to be extremely exclusive and comprised of the Best of the Best. We’ll be announcing it in a couple of weeks, but thought we would give you an early heads up.

Personally, I think this game is amazing. We can’t put it down inside the studio, and we can’t wait to get it into your hands.

We’re opening up Alpha in three tiers over a couple of months:

- Tier 1: Titan Class (30 people total)
    - Tier 2: Legend Class (90 people total)
    - Tier 3: Hero Class (270 people total)

Alpha access is prestige beyond anything we have offered before. It is far beyond being a Founder. It is as close to being a dev as you can get, because you actively help us shape the game. We’ll have a way in game to permanently show that you were part of this elite group.

Use this thread to tell us why you or others should be considered, discuss possible criteria for getting in, and ask us anything else about the Alpha that you would like to know.

Help us figure out who gets to guide the game to completion. In other words, who among you are PvP Titans?

Thanks for everything and looking forward to our next adventure together!

- g
    So, are the SXSW winners a part of the Titan testing group?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMcSwag View Post
    So, are the SXSW winners a part of the Titan testing group?
    The first name is ur name Bro!
    Last edited by Prahasit Prahi; 04-07-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    I am in! I think people who have great ability of understanding mechanics of the game must be eligible. I also think people who share knowledge regularly, give tips and is NOT afraid of loosing his top 1 ranking because he shares his tips are the people to bring in. Basically, people on forums are very informed! Forums has benn the best communication system ever.

Here are my criterias idea:

Willing to be part of the Alpha Test: A player must want to be part of the test. If he has no interrest in the new game, there is no reason to include that player. He might just take a vacant place.

Must be a forum member: The best way to share informations and communicate is forums. STS forums is nothing like other forums. The amount of stories and finding that have been shared here is humongous. Being part of the forums doesn't mean simply reading the threads, it means putting his personal opinion. Those opinions are the pioneers of great ideas.

Great understanding of mechanics: A player must be able to understand the game's mechanics. If he follows the instructions wisely and correctly but ends up with a problem, he will understand that it's probably a bug. Sharing it with others will help specify the bug together. Each of us sees a face of the reality and we will share it all. But why "understanding mechanics"? Because this does the difference between a person who doesn't read the instructions well... and a careful reader. It's someone who links problems helping us find the real source.

Shares tips: This willl differenciate bad players and nice ones. Greedy players and equal ones. Sharing tips means mastering the skill, it means knowing the real combo and why how the combo works.

Reports bugs: We're testing a game. Basically finding bugs to avoid any abuse. Players must be able to detail those reports saying how they are replicated and when.

Tests features: A player who tests features is a player who doesn't look for bugs, he finds them. Iff something is not working well, he will find them. Test a specific feature means knowing how the feature works, aswell as all the components and things related to it.

Contribute in tests: If you didn't find a test idea, contribute to other test ideas. It's the least a player can do. Alpha test doesn't mean that everyone involved will find bugs, many will contribute only.

Leadership: Leadership is the most important thing we're looking in this Alpha test. The real top players are the ones who lead their team. A team of leaders is OP. A team of followers... is behind... following.

Experience with MOBA / PvP games: Having knowledge with other MOBA or PvP games is a very good point. CoC is maybe not same as those games but it's a good startpoint for the Titans!

Curiosity: I put curiosity a part because it doesn't only fuel the will of finding bugs, it feeds the will of experimenting this new game. We're not here to simply find bugs, we're here to have some good fun and try a new game! Give feedback and give suggestion for improvements! It's a CHALLENGE for STS because they have to satisfy these players. These players are the ones who see CoC from below. You don't want to deceive these people :3 Bring them in!

ToS, respect and titles: Players in this Alpha Test are given a high consideration and respect. They must respect the ToS and explain them. They have good interaction with other players. They must show respect and professionalism. He must have integrity. He must be smart and know when and how to answer people.

Why you should consider me in:
    - I've been sharing all my founds and tips. I've been informing all new players met in game. I've been encouraging players to ask question and ask for advice. I've been encouraging players to visit forums.
    - I always report bugs and everything that needs to be reported. I've been sniffing (like a beagle nose) many scamming attempt to find bugs. I can't really show it because I started playing AL and SL a bit late. Let's say that they all have been discoverer before me.
    - I have great relationship with players and forums. Always trying to joke (even if some are not funny ;-; ) and trying to have some fun and involve everyone in my hilarious circus.
    - I play regularly and daily. (Good point)
    - For PvP, I never reached the best gear yet in AL but I did excel in some PvP games on other platforms. (Runescape and Super Smash Bros mostly - Not MOBA but still PvP and team fighting)
    - I also want to highlight my creativity for improvement ideas. You hear and you'll HEAR about meh!
    - I am very curious about this new MOBA and I want to try it out!
    - I am the kind of player who searches information and shares it to ALL. I admire Madnexx for his job actually, would love to follow his lead and become like him or better
    - I also have a motivation, like many people here: I've seen players being nominated StarGuard and Guardian of Alterra, I am sure I can fill up your expectations (Be what you want to be). Yes I am Jelly (bad point)
    - I will be a big honor for me to be part of the Legend Class, aiming to reach the Titan class. (I will bare that title with honor and keep proving it)
    - I want to highlight the fact that I've been participating in ALL events since I "restarted" playing AL this January. You have great ideas and I'd like to see more and give my nickel too.
    - I have followed the Twitch sessions, especially these two: 8-Bit; Lovecraft event (not PvP for school reasons)

I do have a question:

Are you going to change the people on the Tier's list, or is it just for the release? I mean, is it going to be like a leaderboard that is constantly changing?
    UPDATED. I also bring this here because no one answered to my question ( ._.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would very much enjoy looking into aspects of the new game
    I have over a year and half spent in straight pve for AL, and recently quite a few months in high spent twink pvp (Level 15)
    I could take a peek at both aspects of either part of the game (Being the game mechanics or the feel of playing). It would a great honor to be a contribution to the game itself and the devs all around
    Last edited by Dill1sHere; 04-07-2015 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Also, i would like to nominate Johnsr, bignewyork, Anduan.. ( will add to the list )
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-07-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I have a few questions:

1.) How long do you expect the alphas to last?
    2.) Will we need an android/non-apple device to run the alpha since Apple does not allow pre-release software or 3rd party programs?
    3.) Will private gameplay (unlisted on youtube) videos be viewable to give input on certain aspects of the game if people who were not accepted to play still want to give feed back on ability kits and such? League of Legends (Riot games) normally posts a pre-release information page on each new champion so players can review the kits and suggest adjustments even if they were not accepted to participate in the PBE (public beta environment).

Absolutely not! But it would be pretty awesome if you were
    Sadly the ranking system of games like League of Legends aren't too accurate. Players who play normal games a ton can be just as good as a player with a Diamond logo.. or even much better... As a great vlogger once said (Sky Williams), "people with a little time and a lot of skill will never make it as far as someone with a lot of time and a little skill." I would post a link to his video but he tends to say words against the ToS so I wont.
    Last edited by Roberto077; 04-07-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Seems that I have jumped the gun kind of late.

I have been a part of the STS community from the start - way before most of the devs. I have experienced and succeeded as an "elite" PvPer in PL so to say, and have a great understanding of the community and how to do what's best for it. I have won both team and individual tournaments, so I know what the competitive gameplay really consists of. I have played and thrived in all the legends games (though I stuck with PL because I feel it delivers the best PvP).

I have hosted a large number of PvP tournaments - all of them including end game tournaments. I'm still asked today to host them because I have a great sense of what is fair and what is balanced. I believe I can help out the devs purely with this cause and decide what would be most fun.

Man, I love this community. I want to give back - even though it's not PL, I want to support the PL community and other gaming communities.

I hope I can be considered for this. I know there are a lot of people asking to join - and if I don't get this, it's all good. The game will be just as fun to play as it will to participate in Alpha.

Otherwise if I were to nominate others, it would be Angeldawn and Shiloo. They are, and will always be the best community members (imo) that this community has ever had. Angel has never let anyone down. Gary, I know you are very familiar with the two of them. If there are two must need, responsible and loyal individuals who are "beast" PvP players who understand what this community needs, it's Angeldawn and Shiloo.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 04-07-2015 at 09:21 PM.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Hey Gary, you should consider me because I have experience in breaking games intentionally. I have been a part of numerous alpha/beta tests that required me to not just play the game for fun, but actually try to break the game and file error logs. Now, I also know how MOBA's work and I love to play them (DOTA anyone?). I am by no means one of the best PvPers around here, but if you want me to break your game, give feedback, and help found this new community, then i'm your man. Oh, and i've been here to found just about every game you have released, i've stuck around and stayed with this community while players like KingRichie and Banned have moved on.

Cinco if you're reading this, you're still one of my favorite devs.

EDIT: A cool way to get the game out there even more and get some really good feedback would be to get a professional MOBA team to play the game and record their reactions/thoughts of the game.
    Last edited by Cascade; 04-07-2015 at 10:05 PM.

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #79
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    I have a few questions:

1.) How long do you expect the alphas to last?
    2.) Will we need an android/non-apple device to run the alpha since Apple does not allow pre-release software or 3rd party programs?
    3.) Will private gameplay (unlisted on youtube) videos be viewable to give input on certain aspects of the game if people who were not accepted to play still want to give feed back on ability kits and such? League of Legends (Riot games) normally posts a pre-release information page on each new champion so players can review the kits and suggest adjustments even if they were not accepted to participate in the PBE (public beta environment).
    1) Alpha will last approximately 2.5 months.
    2) We will support both Apple and Android. Preference for higher-end devices. This is because the game is not graphically optimized yet, not because we won't support lower end devices when we ship.
    3) Yes, we're still working out exactly where/ when but we do want you to be able to show others what is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Are you going to change the people on the Tier's list, or is it just for the release? I mean, is it going to be like a leaderboard that is constantly changing?
    These will never change, this prestige will be theirs permanently.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I see myself playing the Alpha I have loved Mobas from day one of finding them out. I have been playing AL for the past year and a half pvping only never pve and I have playing League Of Legends as many say I'm good but I think I'm OK I have played it since season 1 (now going to season6) so for roughly 5 years this is how much I love Moba's I would love to be in Alpha to find bugs report them and to test out the game I been following this since day one!