Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I would like to nominate a few people that I think are deserving of being in the alpha for Call of Champions.

Angeldawn
    I know many of her qualities have been previously stated by others. However, I have comprised my own list:
    • She is very active in PvP and PvE in PL
    • She literally takes the time to get to know people in the community. I do not just mean on a character name basis, like she gets to know more about them and people often come to her when they have any problems or concerns. She genuinely cares about people in the community and she is very trustworthy.
    • She often goes out of her way to help others. On numerous occasions I see her donating sets or items and offering advice to newer players in towns such as Forest Haven.
    • She has a great day of experience with a variety of games.
    • She has always been a great deal of support to both STS and the community. For example, in the previous Easter events she would buy every single colour of the rabbit ears and go around to towns to help people get all of the colours to get the white rabbit ears.

Cloakker/David
    I do not even know where to begin with him. I have seen his accomplishments over the years and I really think he deserves to be chosen.
    • He is a big fan of STS games and the community
    • He has tried every game that STS has released
    • He has actively played PvP since the 56 cap in PL where he has managed to go from a total noob bear that people farmed to a highly skilled bear that people respect
    • He has played LoL on several occasions and I have been a witness to his skill in it. He is not active enough in it to reach any of the tiers; however, he understood the game right away and was able to play it with a higher degree of skill than I could have imagined. Basically, he is a very quick learner
    • He remains very active in PvP to this day and I am sure he is a familiar face to many. He is not one of those players that totally talks trash back when someone talks trash to him. Instead, he gets their respect by showing how skilled he can actually be
    • He has participated in a lot of tournaments from single player to teams. He has won quite a few of them as well such as the 3v3 FFA STS hosted back during the 66 cap.
    • He is also successful at teaching others PvP. Two examples would be gladiator and myself. He taught gladiator how to play bear many years ago and now gladiator has become recognized as a great bear player in PL. He has also taught myself various techniques over time and I am very thankful for the help he gives me so that I can improve.
    • He may not be very active on forums, but in game he is quite known throughout the PL PvP community. I do know that if chosen, he would definitely become active in sharing his opinion on what works/what does not and in submitting bugs and/or balance issues.
    • He is also skilled at every class he has played. He understands builds, teamwork, and risks. He understands what needs to be done in games such as FFA or CTF and he understands when to stay back. Even without a ring or an overpowered set in PL he is able to dominate.
    • He has a 3 piece ring in PL. However, on numerous occasions he will take it off to even the playing field. He also likes to try different sets based on who is on his team/who he is against. He is very accommodating and loves to play a good PvP game rather than winning all the time
    • On the other MMOs he plays he is always willing to try PvP there. Even if he is not properly geared or skilled he loves to try it out and learn how it works. If it does not work out he does not ever give up. He always gets back on his feet and keeps trying.

KingFu/MysticalDream/David
    • He has been a part of the STS community since PL first came out (since he is a founder and all). He has also remained a part of this community since.
    • He has been an active PvP player for many years and has understood the mechanics that varies with the change in each cap. Whenever there is a change in balance he is always testing things out to see what has improved, what still works, and what does not work anymore.
    • He is very flexible in his playing style and is open to trying new things to test. For example, on his bear I have seen him try everything from strength, to dex, to the unspeakable int bear. At each one of these he has figured out how to make it work.
    • He has been a very active community member for years. I mean, go back in time through forums and you can see a lot of what he has done to help out the community.
    • I think he would be really beneficial for helping the game become amazing prior to actual release. I know he would be able to lend a hand with his opinion on balance, bugs, and any other problems that he may discover. I know if he is chosen he will not let you down.

Shilooo/John
    • He is one of the greatest PvP players in PL IMO.
    • I have seen him play every class except for Rhino and he excels at each and every one of them. Fox is a relatively new class (in comparison to the three original) and somehow he managed to be amazing at it! He really is able to understand the characters, create a deadly build, and execute the skills with such skill that it amazes me.
    • He has entered many tournaments both player hosted and dev hosted and has won a few of them.
    • He used to be one of those characters I feared until I got to know him. He comes off so deadly in PvP that you get intimated. However, he is an honest and kind man. He is also hilarious.

XghostzX/Will
    • He has been a member of the STS community since the start and he has remained an active member ever since
    • He has been a big player in PvP for as long as I have known him
    • He is very active both on forums and in game. He is always willing to lend out a helping hand whenever he can.
    • He has participated and won various tournaments. He has also gone on to host many of his own that turned out to be total successes. I think his dedication to creating fun things for players in PL to do is what makes him a good asset.
    • He is also one of those players that really intimidated me. He is highly skilled with a full int mage.

Hahahahabirdy/Shawn
    • He is “Da Bear!” do I need to say more?
    • He has come out victorious in pretty much all of the tournaments he has entered which IMO is a major accomplishment
    • He understands playstyle, classes, game mechanics, and builds really well. He is able to figure out what works with each class and what does not.
    • He has been a great teacher (for me at least) in various games. In PL he taught me some of the basics of bird such as range, builds, and combos. He also taught me how to use fox properly when I had absolutely no idea how it worked. Somehow he helped it make sense to me! As for AL, he taught me basics of rouge. I was amazed at how fast he understood builds and play style. Of course this was prior to PvP, but I am sure he would have excelled in that as well.

Gladiator/Kevin
    • As stated many times above, he is very good at PvP. I think angel put it perfectly when she mentioned how when he is on the other team you cry a little inside.
    • He excels in working with others and on his own. He really understands strategy and he understands what needs to be done
    • He has been a big part of the PL PvP community for a few years now. I do not think he has any enemies, and if he does it is for his skill and not his personality.

These are all people that I have known for at least a couple of years. I have been a witness to many of the things they have done to help out the community and I have also witnessed each one of their skills in PvP. I know each one of these people would make a great addition to the CoC alpha. Had you guys have asked for nominations for previous games such as: SL, DL, or AL, I would have submitted each one of these people in a heartbeat. If I think of more later I will add to this post! However, these people are ones that stand out to me in the community. Apart from skill, each one of these people has an honest and respectful personality. You're all aces to me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Petrichor For This Useful Post: