Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hi I would like to apply for the lowest tier. I have a lot of free time on my hands and I am happy to share my point of view with positive feedback and constructive criticism. Also I have recently gained a passion for moba games and have learnt quite a few tips and useful facts that I could suggest for you guys to do your thing and implement into the game. All In I am just very keen and eager to trying out this new game of yours and look forward to it. I have a keen interest in the moba genre and have recently been involved with in moba's.
    I merely ask you guys to take me into account and consider my "application" (jeez that sounds really cheesy)
    Anyways best of luck,
    Sincerely, a pocket legends player since 2012.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

I love to pvp with my bros in DL named hearthera and kkronos. We used to play DL pvp .. I damn sure i love pvp in COC with playing with them.
    else boogiez and kkronos.. XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    No, we'll invite three from the community. Each of them can invite two others, for a total of nine.
    So basically peoples are competing for 3 spots in tier 1 and totally 9 spots is reserved for sts players among 30 in tier 1? that really does not look cool, and probably ur giving leaders the chance of being partial and biased?

I think ya Devs should choose all these 9 spots rather than leaving it to 3 leaders.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-17-2015 at 04:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    So basically peoples are competing for 3 spots in tier 1 and totally 9 spots is reserved for sts players among 30 in tier 1? that really does not look cool, and probably ur giving leaders the chance of being partial and biased?

I think ya Deva should choose all these 9 spots rather than leaving it to 3 leaders.
    I totally agree with you.

Need Help? Please Visit STS's Support Website by clicking HERE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

I think ya Devs should choose all these 9 spots rather than leaving it to 3 leaders.
    I like this idea a lot more as their is so many great candidates too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Also with more people, you get more play styles (essentially varying pass-aggressive laning comparisons). I don't think 30 is enough to get good feedback on balancing (even though it is good enough for bug finding). Also with more people there would be a larger time scale for when people could do play test matches.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #267
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

The whole point of this game is team-based competition. We want our Titans to invite who they think their best team mates will be, so we can pit them against some of our other invitees!

Of course, we reserve the right to deny any particular picks if they don't jive with our desires.

We're doing three tiers, with different admittance criteria for each one, so we should get in a large, diverse group of folks by the end of Alpha.

And here is an article on our first alpha influencers!http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...rive-on-mobile

"The game is entering a closed alpha soon, where Spacetime is looking to bring in highly experienced gamers to help refine the gameplay."

"The pro gamers are looking forward to contributing to game design. "We've all been playing for years, and we've gained a really good perspective on what makes MOBAs successful from a competitive standpoint," said Esfahani. "We can help with balance, give our feedback on the things that we think are really cool and what can be tuned to be more reflective of a competitive game. That's something we're all really excited to get the chance to work on.""
    Last edited by Justg; 04-17-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

The whole point of this game is team-based competition. We want our Titans to invite who they think their best team mates will be, so we can pit them against some of our other invitees!

Of course, we reserve the right to deny any particular picks if they don't jive with our desires.

We're doing three tiers, with different admittance criteria for each one, so we should get in a large, diverse group of folks by the end of Alpha.

And here is an article on our first alpha influencers!http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...rive-on-mobile

"The game is entering a closed alpha soon, where Spacetime is looking to bring in highly experienced gamers to help refine the gameplay."

"The pro gamers are looking forward to contributing to game design. "We've all been playing for years, and we've gained a really good perspective on what makes MOBAs successful from a competitive standpoint," said Esfahani. "We can help with balance, give our feedback on the things that we think are really cool and what can be tuned to be more reflective of a competitive game. That's something we're all really excited to get the chance to work on.""
    Now that I read that article, those three make up for a small acceptance rate XD I definitely see the exclusivity and talent required now.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Now that I read that article, those three make up for a small acceptance rate XD I definitely see the exclusivity and talent required now.
    Reading the artical and viewing who has been accepted into Alpha so far brings a couple thoughts to to mind. First, with such talent involved in developing the game I no longer have worries about the quality of gameplay being developed.
    Second, I now understand that my chances of getting into alpha are slimmer than I thought.

While that makes me "sad", I am glad that if I don't get in there are 300 people much more qualified than I am to develope CoC.

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I just hope i qualify for lowest tier Alpha testing...
    :/

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    I just hope i qualify for lowest tier Alpha testing...
    :/
    I think, everyone who applied here and just fulfil the very low requirement will be in tier 2, actual competition was for tier 1, as justg posted the thread at least it was clear to me, there will be very limited sit for tier1. That's where I'm not astonished but later how they changed the idea to choose only 3 leaders is.

Whateva I'm not talking about myself, cause it may be a waste as my ping probably would not support that in such a limited environment.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's a great answer, Gary!

The competition for Alpha seems tough...GL to all participants.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

WUUUUUTTTT STS really brought out the big boys for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

As much as im excited to play this game im also excited to join the alpha test. I love the approach you are taking it with this "competitive and pro" community and this is the #1 reason im excited for this game. Ive been playing since Pocket Legends was the only game around and Ive participated in all of your other games betas. Im a competitive player myself and participated several times in MLG and other competitive games' events. I would be more than happy to help test the game out and help find any exploits or bugs and help with balancing this game with you. Mostly i hope you guys make this a trully competitive MOBA game which will be really fun to play and promote skill and teamwork along with a balanced gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

I'm actually pretty excited for this game . Seems like you guys are taking a somewhat turn now . I'd like to play as early as possible ! Hopefully you choose me to play in alpha test. I've been playing all your games for 3-4 years already I lost count haha.. I'm looking forward to this change you guys are going for .

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Can we still apply for alpha? Lol. Anyways, I'm late to the party.

I do not want to boast or brag of my skill, but I am a good player IMO. In PL, I have experienced all level caps after AO3, so I know how to strategically plan for most maps. I prefer PvE over PvP, and I have been playing for about 5 years now (give or take a few months.) I have been continuing PL under a hidden alias, and love grinding solo runs. I have not been so active in AL, but do check once in a while to do a run or two. I consider to myself to be somewhat skilled, but no where near the top. This is why I would like to apply for the bottom alpha tier. I have played all StS games from the beginning, and albeit not continuing them for very long, have gotten to the max level at least once in each of them (usually the first cap.) This is why I think I should be considered to be an 'alpha' player.

As for PvP, I am pretty good at certain levels in PL. I enjoy doing CTF, however I am not very good at it lol. FFA is my favorite mode of PvP, and probably my best way of playing. I played early 2011 at level 35 and FFA was a blast. In 2013, my favorite level was 50/51. It was very fun and I had honed some of my skills at that level range.

In AL, I like CTF. I do not play end game as much as I used to, so I just create level 10 twinks. Clashing is very fun, and I do not consider myself to be great as one; but I consider our clan to be great when we fight as a team. I consider PvP to be team play, which I am better at than fighting one-on-one.

I am also keen on finding mistakes. One of my favorite tasks of any game is to find glitches. I used to be very active on the forums, posting suggestions to improve the game. Now, I like to limit my posting and focus on playing the game. I decided that putting too much time on the forums had taken away from enjoying the game, and enjoying life. Also, there had been many IRL occurrences that had to also limit my game-playing.

I hope you consider me, and if I am late, oh well can't bother to read 14 pages of comments ;p.
    Last edited by Reunegade; 04-18-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

After a while i see this :P is this open yet?
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Alpha test is not open yet. They'll name the chosen player for Alpha test soon.

EDIT (for better understanding): You can still apply

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Oh, dang!! ;( I came back too late
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts