Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hola, Me llamo Diego y tengo 18 años de edad y soy fan de todos sus juegos; Yo seria un buen alpha jugador de call of champions porque Me considero un buen jugador y ademas soy muy activo en los foros de spacetime studios y muy activo jugando AL, y PL; seria genial si hubiera un alpha gamer que hable español e ingles, por eso les agradeceria si me dan esta oportunidad, gracias.

Hi!
    My name is Diego and I have 18 years old , I 'm a fan of all their games ; I would be a good alpha player call of champions because I consider myself a good player and I am also very active in the forums spacetime studios and very active playing AL and PL!! =)
    and would be great if there were a gamer alpha to speak Spanish and English , would appreciate if you give me this opportunity to have this prestige,
    thanks.
    ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

DivineMoustache's Revised Application:

From JustG's recent post about only letting around 3 people from the Legends community into the Alpha, my previous resume looked tiny compared to some others in the thread. Here are some clarifications about my qualifications to be part of the exclusive Alpha program. I've bolded what I think to be my key points to help smooth out the wall of text, although I'd appreciate it if everything in my application was considered. I may edit this post once in a while as well.

Reason 1. I already have Pre-Release Feedback and Alpha Experience:
    I have been heavily involved in a few successful Pre-Release efforts and have proven to provide valuable insight.

Here is a list of some of my profiles from various games that I've contributed to pre-launch that have enjoyed post launch success or are enjoying pre-launch success:

Albion Online Pre-Alpha Feedback
    State of Decay

I was also an active member of the World of Midgard community before it turned into a massive flop at launch.

Reason 2. I have Mobile MOBA Qualificatons
    No one else in the Legends community has probably logged more time at the highest tiers of mobile MOBA gameplay than I have (besides City and Prosecuted, whom I play with), and I think that should be something that should be taken into account, given that CoC is a mobile MOBA.

It seems that the main focus of the Alpha will be towards professional LoL players with extreme MOBA skill. The question is if their skill can translate just as well on the mobile battlefield. I play at the top tiers in one of the world's current premier mobile MOBAs, Vainglory. One of my recent achievements in the game was qualifying for the prestigious League of Extraordinary Vainglorians tournament, featuring 50 of the best teams in North America, consisting of 3 people each playing each other every day to climb the standings for prizes. I'm already used to tapping the screen, stutter stepping, and movement in MOBAs on touch screen platforms such as the iPad, iPhone, and Samsung Galaxy Note.

Although being a high level Vainglory player doesn't hold as much weight as being a high level LoL player, the fact that I'm a veteran of touch screen MOBAs and they're used to PC gaming with a mouse could mean that it would be easier for me to transition into playing the game and instantly providing feedback on controls, UI, gameplay, and bug testing while they learn the platform. The game is also more likely to cater more to mobile gaming players, not PC gamers, and feedback from people who appreciate and are used to touch screen controls and the UI could potentially be more valuable than those who play on a PC. For example, a PC gamer may like the game to appear more PC-like, as he/she is used to this, while for most people who are looking for a decent mobile game, the controls could appear too complex or clunky. The limited number of alpha spaces should include people from all platforms.

A reason why I'd like to test the Alpha level of CoC is because the fact that the matches are so short and convenient. Despite playing at the highest levels of the game in Vainglory, I have my frustrations, including inconveniently long matches for the mobile platform, as well as the fact that one disconnection for a few seconds requires you to reboot the game and lose minutes of possible action, swinging the fights. CoC appears to have no such disadvantages.

Another reason is that canceling your queue match costs you 4 minutes of time out, a cool down. This is very close to CoC's 5 minute maximum game time per match. I envision myself easily switching back and forth between VG and CoC, or maybe fully merging into CoC

Reason 3. I have Legends Game Qualifications and am able to create and feature creative content
    People consider me to be one of the best low level PvPers, and I have probably over 60K total kills on all my twinking alts that I've ever created. Although endgame possesses more buttons to press, low level has allowed for me to become used to the option to only press 3-4 skills, something that appears to be present in both CoC, and something I attribute to having helped me play at a high level in Vainglory.

Not only am I a fairly qualified Legends player in terms of PvP skill, I have also shown the capability to write up comprehensive posts on twinking, as well as create clear, easy to understand guides that don't overwhelm players, while helping new players transition into the game. I also have displayed creativity by making use of Pocket Legends various resources to create entertaining videos or unofficial mini-games. Here are a few examples of my work:

Written Guides
    - These posts are well written with an intention to educate newer players on parts of the game that may be unknown to them.
    1. Comprehensive Guide to Twinking
    2. Pocket Legends Mini Game: PvP Futbol (Soccer)
    3. PL Mini Game 2: Quick Farm Fest!
    4. Art of the L16 Paladin/Rhino

Video Guides - These video guides are pretty simple to understand and give an overview of the basics of low level twinking.

1. A Playlist of all major Video Guides Created on my YouTube Channel
    2. Fight's Guide to Level 15 Bear/Ursan
    3. Fight's Guide to Level 15 Enchantress/Mage
    4. Fight's Guide to Recording iOS gameplay without a jailbreak/Mac PC
    5. Pocket Legends Tutorial: How to Beat 15 Bears with 15 Mage
    6. Fight's Guide to Debuffing Healers
    7. Pocket Legends Guide: L35 Voodoo Pin Mage Tutorial
    8. Pocket Legends: How to L17 Bird [L17 AVIAN GUIDE]
    9. Pocket Legends Tutorial: Importance of Cripple Vs Rhinos (15 bear vs 20 rhino)
    10. Fight's Guide to L17 Rhino vs. Bears
    11. Fight's Guide to Level 15 3v3 FFA

Creative Pocket Legends Content - These videos showcase my ability to use the resources available within Pocket Legends and generate unique, entertaining video content.

1. Pocket Legends 5 Year Anniversary Thank You Video (towne run)
    2. Pocket Legends Frozen Music Video: Let it Go -- The Reprise
    3. Pocket Legends Frozen PvP: Based on Frozen, the Movie
    4. Playlist of low level gameplay videos that I've created for subscribers.

Reason 4: I have a YouTube channel that generates steadily increasing views, rather than hit or miss videos.
    In only 5-6 months of creating videos, I have amassed over 300 subscribers and 25,000 views on videos almost solely dedicated to Pocket Legends content, updated on a consistent basis and usually 2-3 videos per week. I hope to do the same for a hopefully larger CoC audience while still maintaining my connections with the PL game as long as it's running. My channel could act as another platform to build hype for the game among the viewers that watch my videos.

Reason 5: My group has developed budding relationships with many large mobile MOBA streamers
    Some of the connections that my regular group and I have cultivated over months of playing Vainglory include Twitch streamers with 50,000+ views and 5,000+ followers, who stream on a scheduled basis. If possible, we could apply some leverage and hopefully set something up eventually where CoC is being promoted to a viewer base already interested in mobile MOBAs.

Such streamers include:
    LoLGibbs
    LadyWabeesh
    & VGRumblySuperset (YouTuber with 2M views over two accounts dedicated to mobile MOBA)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Starts playing LoL for MOBA experience.. I must be within the 3 players... T-T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Starts playing LoL for MOBA experience.. I must be within the 3 players... T-T
    Gl. Catching me.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

proof for season 3 ranked rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Farminer's View Post

If he knew what all that meant then it would seem less impressive, no offense. GL in your series for silver.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    If he knew what all that meant then it would seem less impressive, no offense.
    Yea ik I agree in ranked I was not smart right when I hit level 30 I went into ranked in season1 immediately did horrid if I could show u I would I got a 16-37 win/loss that season for ranked. Next season was season 2 I did better with a 28/35 THEN I hit season3 got 8/2 pre got gold2 I was on a spree doing wonderful I was happy then family matters happened. (I was told to kill myself etc by my own grandmother who I was living with) so I moved to my mothers away from that living situation and I had no access to a computer for at least 4-5 months and went to silver 5 for being afk during the season old rules idk if it is still applied. But I have been doing OK in these new seasons such as 88/77 win/loss and last season I did something even better(I forgot lol) sorry anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Yea ik I agree in ranked I was not smart right when I hit level 30 I went into ranked in season1 immediately did horrid if I could show u I would I got a 16-37 win/loss that season for ranked. Next season was season 2 I did better with a 28/35 THEN I hit season3 got 8/2 pre got gold2 I was on a spree doing wonderful I was happy then family matters happened. (I was told to kill myself etc by my own grandmother who I was living with) so I moved to my mothers away from that living situation and I had no access to a computer for at least 4-5 months and went to silver 5 for being afk during the season old rules idk if it is still applied. But I have been doing OK in these new seasons such as 88/77 win/loss and last season I did something even better(I forgot lol) sorry anyway.

Dont be sorry xD it's fine where ever you are in ranked because ranked never determines skill
    Last edited by Roberto077; 04-08-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

How much time does Alpha tester have to put in?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

10. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    How much time does Alpha tester have to put in?
    If I read correctly they would want 4+ hours a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Dont be sorry xD it's fine where ever you are in ranked because ranked never determines skill
    ^^ Ranked does reflect a certain amount of #skill. But until you get to know other players you work well together with it is hard to climb the ladder. It also takes a lot of time :-)

-Vys

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #172
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

If I read correctly they would want 4+ hours a day.

I don't think there is any set requirements. The initial group will be able to solo and create custom matches with their teams anytime. We'll also have set times for all playing together during the week, probably three 1 hour sessions.

Awesome questions, you guys are definitely helping us thing this through! What else do you want to know?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Firstly, I would like to thank Shiny toy for nominating me. While I appreciate the thought, there are a great many players who would be a far more valuable asset to STS than I.

People I would like to nominate:
    Shinytoy - He is a incredibly skilled player and an even better person. I am truly proud to call him my friend. He is one of the few legitimately fair people in this game, and will always play with random players and play fair, which, IMO is a huge must for a moba. Another important trait of his is his willingness to stand up for what's right, even if he is the minority in that matter.

Aspynxia/Madnex - I do not have the fortune of knowing him, but from an alpha testing point of view, Madnex is a must have. He is extremely adept at noticing and pointing out bugs that is perhaps the most valuable skill a tester can have.

@ Zeus on the matter of a tournament for deciding some of the testers. Firstly, as Kicho already stated most eloquently before me, the gear MUST be exactly the same, including gems. The reasons for this is to provide the best results of skill and teamwork.

Something else I would like to add, is that those wishing to participate sign up and STS creates randomly generated teams of equal class distribution. A moba is all about playing with random teams, and rather than sew the usual arrypotta, night and Zeus team, creating random teams would force you to play with people you may have never seen before. The team that can do this, IMO is best suited to participate as alpha testers.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I don't think there is any set requirements. The initial group will be able to solo and create custom matches with their teams anytime. We'll also have set times for all playing together during the week, probably three 1 hour sessions.

Awesome questions, you guys are definitely helping us thing this through! What else do you want to know?
    I would love to know the plans on where to place Team Boring. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyMcSwag View Post
    I would love to know the plans on where to place Team Boring. Thanks in advance.
    whut Team Boring 0.o

We got Team AL here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

URF mode... Lol gg

If he knew what all that meant then it would seem less impressive, no offense. GL in your series for silver.
    Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    creating random teams would force you to play with people you may have never seen before. The team that can do this, IMO is best suited to participate as alpha testers.
    This is actually a pretty good idea. Call all participants and randomize players into teams. From there, you can clearly tell who, within the team or the tourney, deserves merit.

Looking for PL's updates, like everyone else
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Firstly, I would like to thank Shiny toy for nominating me. While I appreciate the thought, there are a great many players who would be a far more valuable asset to STS than I.

People I would like to nominate:
    Shinytoy - He is a incredibly skilled player and an even better person. I am truly proud to call him my friend. He is one of the few legitimately fair people in this game, and will always play with random players and play fair, which, IMO is a huge must for a moba. Another important trait of his is his willingness to stand up for what's right, even if he is the minority in that matter.

Aspynxia/Madnex - I do not have the fortune of knowing him, but from an alpha testing point of view, Madnex is a must have. He is extremely adept at noticing and pointing out bugs that is perhaps the most valuable skill a tester can have.

@ Zeus on the matter of a tournament for deciding some of the testers. Firstly, as Kicho already stated most eloquently before me, the gear MUST be exactly the same, including gems. The reasons for this is to provide the best results of skill and teamwork.

Something else I would like to add, is that those wishing to participate sign up and STS creates randomly generated teams of equal class distribution. A moba is all about playing with random teams, and rather than sew the usual arrypotta, night and Zeus team, creating random teams would force you to play with people you may have never seen before. The team that can do this, IMO is best suited to participate as alpha testers.
    I agree with this too, cause I'd love to be an alpha tester but I don't think I have a better reason like everyone else other than wanting to play your new game ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

From what I've seen in the Legends games, those who are true "PvP Titans" are people who have shown dedication to the game and are willing to play no matter what the situation or circumstances may be. I have played PL (as well as every other Legends game, but mostly PL) for 4 (5?) years and have gotten to see players who always seem to win no matter who they are playing with or against.

In my opinion, criteria for determining "PvP Legend" status should be based on a person's ability to be able to play multiple levels and classes in PvP. Those who are skilled are not limited to a single area, as they have the knowledge and expertise to learn all the different methods required at each different level. This itself would prove that they have mastered a class, as they would be able to excel with it no matter the area they play at.

Some people who have been truly remarkable at PvP that I can remember include:

Hahahahabirdy (shameless self promotion!): I have won the most tournaments out of anyone in the Legends games (#1 on Hall of Fame forum list) and am not limited to one class or level. I know how to play every class and level well, as evidenced by my tournament wins being spread out across the PvP spectrum. I also have experience with other MOBAs, such as Vainglory, in which I am ranked in one of the highest tiers. I therefore have existing knowledge about the genre and am not new to the concept. Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Think of this as the ultimate search for who r da bes berd!
    I r totelly da bes berd!

Gladiator: Best Bear/Second Best Bear, both of the people I have in mind have played bear (as well as all other classes) very well, no matter what the current meta is. Has won/placed in multiple tournaments, whether they be 3v3 FFA/CTF or a simple 1v1 match. 3 tournament wins.

Cloakker: The other bear (see above). I have won many tournaments when teamed up with this guy. He is aware of all the nuances of the bear class and can utilize it to its maximum potential. 3 tournament wins.

Angeldawn: Clocked more hours of PL than anyone I can remember. She is most certainly dedicated to the game and is willing to help anyone learn the basics of PvP; she is especially skilled at mages.
    Last edited by Hahahahabirdy; 04-09-2015 at 05:55 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hahahahabirdy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My name is Tiger ( purple jacket ) , it was just an honor to play it at SXSW, the hype was great! So much fun, amazing weekend. Thank you.

Anyways, i would love to be in the alpha, after those days at Sxsw i cant wait any longer for CoC haha. The strategies are endless, the champs are great, espically mackenna. It would be an honor to be in the alpha and enjoy the 10/10 game.

P.s - BEAT BEAR BEAR , taylor has the best modus impression NA.

P.s.s - just wanted to thank all of yall again for the experience i had at SXSW! Cant wait!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

gl to all alpha players.