Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    A lot of strategy, a lot of chance.

I've been playing few runs. I won 2 games with a lower score then the enemy. Those games ended 1hour each. I was really tired lol. We were killed many times, but we destroyed the Nexus, victory! I've played with many "smurfs" -.- those people are OP. One luck factor is to have those in your team xD and wish that the opponent team get nabs.
    That is true. Gotta pray for a team with a good mindset and skills when in a queque without friends. The matchmaking for you first ever ranked provisionals will determine who you will play against for a long time. If you get placed in bronze IV and fail to escape by the end of the season, you will likely be put in bronze V in the next season (which is very, very hard to escape).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I want to join because i like pvp

WAT IZ LIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    That is true. Gotta pray for a team with a good mindset and skills when in a queque without friends. The matchmaking for you first ever ranked provisionals will determine who you will play against for a long time. If you get placed in bronze IV and fail to escape by the end of the season, you will likely be put in bronze V in the next season (which is very, very hard to escape).
    You're telling me that I must be extremely pro to hit high league since the very beginning?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! I am a Twitch streamer at twitch.tv/mxie7. I am a mobile gamer and have played many mobile MOBAs before. I have played Heroes of Order & Chaos, Fates Forever and currently Vainglory which is the game I stream the most on Twitch. I also have a brief understanding of games such as DoTA and League. I feel that many mobile MOBAs are underestimated and I want games such as Vainglory or Call of Champions to prove them wrong. I also have signed up for and done many alpha and beta tests. I am an alpha tester for the Smite: Xbox One Edition, beta for Heroes of the Storm and more. I can spot bugs and I am willing to report them if it means that this game could be one of the best in the AppStore.

I will follow the terms and conditions and will do anything that is asked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

You're telling me that I must be extremely pro to hit high league since the very beginning?
    Nope. You just need to have a good understanding of all the positions/roles before you play your first ranked provisional matches when your account hits level 30. The first ~200 games you play will give you the basic knowledge you need to succeed in ranked, so if you don't use the time to learn it will be a lot harder to scale yourself in ranked. My best suggest is to learn 2 champions for each role (you can learn more for your main role) extensively before heading into ranked queque because people will force you to go a certain position based on the pick order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

- I've play DOTA and Heroes Of Newerth for years and consider myself as a very experienced MOBA player.

-Active on AL forum and usually suggest weird cool/stuff. xD

- I have play AL as a poor Warrior for almost 2 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Nope. You just need to have a good understanding of all the positions/roles before you play your first ranked provisional matches when your account hits level 30. The first ~200 games you play will give you the basic knowledge you need to succeed in ranked, so if you don't use the time to learn it will be a lot harder to scale yourself in ranked. My best suggest is to learn 2 champions for each role (you can learn more for your main role) extensively before heading into ranked queque because people will force you to go a certain position based on the pick order.
    I am working on Vaurus (an archer) at middle and forest sides. Hiding and spiking. Thanks for advice! btw can I add ya on LoL? I want to master that art. Let's hit Titan together!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I would be interested to get into this, the previous legends games' balance between classes has always been a large concern of mine. It's really cool to see you guys offer this hoping to get user input before it is unbalanced and seems like a great way to start a long lasting game. I would assume most of the alpha spots will be given to members of the AL community as they have been most involved in a game being actively balanced. I have actually not really touched PvP outside of pocket legends as far as the legends series. I have played vain glory and heroes of order and chaos breifly which would appear to have a similar type of play style to the desired outcome of call of champions. I would love to help shape this game and watch it grow into a full community from the early stages. Good luck with the game regardless; I will definitely check it out once it hits the app stores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I am working on Vaurus (an archer) at middle and forest sides. Hiding and spiking. Thanks for advice! btw can I add ya on LoL? I want to master that art. Let's hit Titan together!
    My IGN is terrainiarob. I recommend playing varus in the bot lane since he does not have the mobility of other AD carries so he has a hard time avoiding ganks in mid. He also doesn't have very good multi-target clear speed for spread out targets (like those in jungle camps) so he is far too weak for leveling early off the jungle.

Here is a game from Wildturtle, the current AD carry for Team Solomid and the holder of the top player in North America for 2 seasons in a row (having 3 accounts in top 5).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSksI3wxhOo
    Last edited by Roberto077; 04-09-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Not always, I'd say the team with better strategy and luck wins.
    "Strategy" is a huge word, and map rotation is a huge part of it. When it comes to a team fight that is the only time that it matters what the overall composition of a team is.

My IGN is terrainiarob
    My IGN is: Vystirch

If you want it,
    -Vys

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    "Strategy" is a huge word, and map rotation is a huge part of it. When it comes to a team fight that is the only time that it matters what the overall composition of a team is.

My IGN is: Vystirch

If you want it,
    -Vys
    Dragoonclaws here :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

I feel as if I should be part of this exclusive alpha testing.

- I am an avid gamer since very, VERY young. I've played so many different genres, not only on mobile but on consoles, handhelds, and most of all, PC. To name a few, these genres include:

FPS games such as CS:GO, Call of Duty, and TF2
    Turn - Based Strategy games such as CIV 5, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Pokemon
    MMORPGs such as Pocket Legends, TERA, Maplestory

To top it off, I am a HUGE fan of MOBAs. I've been following the development of MOBAs since Warcraft 3. Nowadays, I play League of Legends hours a day, going through game replays and fixing every little mistake. I also follow the E - Sports scene extremely closely, which improves my critique. Although I don't play these games anymore, I used to play DOTA, Smite in open beta (few years back), and have been following Heroes of The Storm E - Sports. From my knowledge of history and development of all games, I believe that I am prepared for anything, including very precise critique.

I will be able to explain the concepts of map rotation, proper teamfighting, balanced and imbalanced stats, mechanical skill, and other different concepts involving MOBAs.

- Another reason I should be part of the alpha testing is because I do know the basics of STS games, especially the PvP aspect of it.

I was extremely competitive during my time of Pocket Legends (unfortunately, I stopped playing 8 months ago due to boredom). To prove it, here are my well renowned guides among the PL community: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Guide-IN-DEPTH
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...nt-Mage-Guide!
    To this day, I still have intensive game and mechanical knowledge of how PL works. Now, as far as I can tell, you guys are going towards a MOBA with aspects based off of AL. However, as I've mentioned before, I have a very clear understanding of how to play games at a high level, especially since MOBA games is part of my specialty.

I am an old player of PL (not as old as some). This strengthens my demeanor of how well I know the STG games, and I was also one of the first players of Dark Legends and Arcane Legends when it was first released (admittedly, I quit after about 2 months).

- You can learn a lot from my critique of not only gameplay, but potential bug fixes.

As I am an avid gamer, I believe that my opinion matters when it comes to gameplay. With my knowledge of what's good and what's bad, I will be able to further help the development of this upcoming game. If there is an imbalance or something that does not fit, I will be able to spot it and inform you of potential solutions.

It may be out of the question whether I will be able to spot really small bugs, but if I am devoted enough to playing hours of this game a day, I will be able to spot bugs. Nonetheless I still am intending to help out as much as I can.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

'which horse is better?' need to name this thread. I look at this and laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    It's really fun, and I've enjoyed the whole thread too, but don't you think competition is a part of online game itself, u can't deny.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-10-2015 at 04:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    It's really fun, and I've enjoyed the whole thread too, but don't you think competition is a part of online game itself, u can't deny.
    Sure sure That's why I unrivaled ;-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would love access. I'm a very active Vainglory player streamer and podcast. I do the podcast Shatter The Vain. From what I've seen of Call of Champions it looks fantastic!

Currently, me and a couple friends are in the process of re-tooling one of our podcasts to focus on many different MOBA and having access to a new game like this would be fantastic. Currently We talk a lot about League Of Legends, Heroes Of The Storm, Vainglory and DOTA2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I don't get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I don't get it.
    forget it in that case.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #219
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We are curious how you guys perceive your individual skill levels, and yes this is a very fun thread
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We are curious how you guys perceive your individual skill levels, and yes this is a very fun thread
    I'm curious about this too. It's fun to hear the competition between players on the forums about who is better etc.