Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Call of Champions Alpha Eligibility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Jmho:

I think players who have been perma banned should not be allowed as alpha testers.
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Jmho:

I think players who have been perma banned should not be allowed as alpha testers.
    Just an example:
    I do not like Conradev, however, to deny an asset like him to the community is the bigger evil (IMO). Of course, keeping a watchful eye on a previously permanently banned player would be appreciated.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Understood. We'd like this to be a fairly open process so people can see, discuss, and shape how we narrow things down. That being said, of course you can PM with more details if you prefer to keep them private.

Thanks!

- g
    Ok, I'm going to do some edits to my post so that it goes towards the game rather than my gaming bio :/

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

How about Madnex?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Questions about the Alpha:
    Is this a top-secret operation? Are videos of Alpha gameplay allowed, or do they have to be pre-screened by developers?

Reasons for myself hopefully being in this prestigious Alpha program:
    I am a hardcore Pocket Legends player with around 5 years of experience, along with months of experience playing at the top levels in other Mobile MOBAs, including qualifying for the LEV Tournament of Champions, one of the highest level tournaments in another Mobile MOBA. I have experienced the frustrations and joys both playing in a strategized group with mobile MOBAs as well as playing public pick-ups and could provide valuable insight.

I've been an avid STS fan from the start, if you click my sig, you can see 5 years of appreciation combined into one thank you video for the developers of PL.

I also offer a growing YouTube channel with almost 25,000 views in a few months, dedicated almost solely to Legends games, that could be used to help popularize the game among viewers and display high end gameplay to help convince new customers deciding to buy the game and invest time into it. I also have enough time and patience to write well thought out opinions on the game (see my low level twinking guide.) I'm not afraid to offer honest opinions and constructive criticism and would have plenty of spare time to devote to finding bugs, offering opinions, and building further hype for the game.

I am also able to play on both Android and iOS to test for bugs on both platforms if multiple platform capability is a route you take.

(Edit I'm more than fascinated by the innovative 5 minute timer system along with the orbs and the power up maze. This adds a depth and dilemma even while diluting aspects of traditional MOBAs to fit the mobile gaming scene.

Thank you.

Recommendations:
    Prosecuted (on STS forums)
    City (on STS forums)

Probably even better MOBA players than me, some of my best friends in game, and we will play anything 24/7 if we're allowed to do it together!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    How about Madnex?
    he was already nominated more then once and i fully support that.
    current ign is not asphynxia anymore.
    i leave it up to him to reveal his new name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Just an example:
    I do not like Conradev, however, to deny an asset like him to the community is the bigger evil (IMO). Of course, keeping a watchful eye on a previously permanently banned player would be appreciated.
    There are other players as equally skilled as the above mention char. Too include a player who has violated the TOS is not an asset to the launch and development of a new game, but a liability.
    Avy
    12-2012

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I'm not the type of person to just sign up for something on a whim, I need to be genuinely interested in what I'm trying to enter myself into. Just like I have a genuine excitement for CoC to launch. I've been supporting StS since April 2010, or five years if you want to make it sound even longer. I watched the development process of every game's launch since PL, and anticipated the wait. Of all those games, I haven't been nearly as excited as I am for CoC. I've been invited by StS to join in on exclusive events in the past, such as AL beta among other things, and having seen the development of every StS launch pan out, I know what leads to the success of games like Arcane Legends. You mentioned Alpha testers getting to shape the game and mold it into its final result, which I did quite a lot of in the early stages of PL. Within the first few months especially, StS would implement ideas made by the community on forums. I can think of several features that were implemented due to myself and others posting threads in the suggestions and feedback section. Myself and many of the other now-gone members have already helped shaped an StS game alongside you guys in PL. Having been committed to StS for so long, I've seen you guys and your games go through the transition into where you are now. Unfortunately, the game I spent a vast majority of those years on is behind us, and because of that, I'm ready to move on and commit my time to a new project. I would love the opportunity to once again help contribute to a game StS developed and poured their efforts into.

As for MOBA experience, mine is rather limited. I have played enough of them to know the basics, but not enough to be deemed as an elite caliber player. As such, I can offer the perspective of a newer player jumping into the MOBA scene, which are some of the people I'm assuming you're trying to hit in the mobile market. I've beta and alpha tested several games in the past, most of which on a mobile platform. I've seen games through various stages of development, so I am able to look past unpolished aesthetics or mechanics to see what direction the game is headed in, and how to improve it to help it get there faster.

I may not be as experienced with MOBAs, but I am incredibly experienced when it comes to PvP, especially the style and tempo you guys like to affiliate. Most of my PvP experience derives from PL, as I began at the release during the 35 cap, and saw many balances and changes in mechanics through that time. I'm comfortable enough to be able to fairly judge mechanics, and isolate things like class balance without having variables such as player skill and tactics intervene. I've amassed nearly six digits worth of kills across various characters, and contributed a lot of my time to learning the intricacies of the game that many players are uninterested in.

I'm very much so anticipating to play CoC. I'm more than willing to take on the responsibilities to help improve the game in Alpha, and would love the opportunity of getting to not only experience, but to assist in yet another StS game growing, and flourishing.
    Last edited by KingFu; 04-07-2015 at 07:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Hello Gary,

I wish to be considered for the Alpha access because of the following:

1. In all of your games, excluding DL, I have been hardcore into PvP & have established many effective techniques for the classes that I have played in your various games.
    2. I analyze game mechanics & try to figure out the reason why a bug is being caused rather than merely addressing the bug. This is so to help developers locate the source and fix the problem more efficiently.
    3. I regularly submit bug reports in the Technical Bugs and Issues section of AL. Anything that requires immediate support, I PM the respective moderators about so they are able to handle the issue in a timely fashion.
    4. I've been a loyal, passionate, and hardcore player of STG games for 5 years and counting.
    5. I regularly win developer hosted PvP tournaments. In total, I have placed first or second in: 6 tournaments, 4 of them being developer hosted. I mention this not as a boast but as a means to show that throughout your games, I have been referenced as a skilled PvP player.
    6. I can play on all platforms: Android, Chrome, iOS
    7. I have the hardware required to take videos to highlight important bugs.

I would like to nominate the following players to be considered Alpha access testers: Shinytoy (Sorcerer), Night (Warrior), Asphynxia (Rogue), Centergy (Warrior), Arrypotta (Sorcerer), Conradev (Sorcerer), Avshow (Rogue), Danley (Rogue), Twoxc (Rogue), Protidgy (Rogue).

Any of the above players are highly skilled and understand game mechanics in AL so I feel that they will be able to do the same in the future.

Thank you for considering me,

Zeus
    I would like to second Zeus nomination as an alpha for all the reasons he mentioned. Additionally Zeus has a leadership quality that has earned him the respect and admiration of all his peers.

IGN:Centergy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Good Luck Guys to the ones who play on this Alpha Server.

I know I'm not a pro player like anyone of the above the only thing I can do is making videos at the moment.

Good Luck Everyone and good luck STS also.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    There are other players as equally skilled as the above mention char. Too include a player who has violated the TOS is not an asset to the launch and development of a new game, but a liability.
    I see and I respect your opinion! Personally, I am just interested in having a well polished product and believe in people's ability to change hence why I recommended Conradev.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Edited my post with question

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasit Prahi View Post
    Good Luck Guys to the ones who play on this Alpha Server.

I know I'm not a pro player like anyone of the above the only thing I can do is making videos at the moment.

Good Luck Everyone and good luck STS also.
    The game is built to be a ton of fun to watch. As Alpha rolls on, I think we'd also be interested in offering slots to content generators, people who make cool youtube flicks, personalities, etc. This is definitely a game you can shoutcast

You mention "pro player" ... this is a good point as well. Think of this as the ultimate search for who r da bes berd!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ummm I play legue of legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Hi!

I'm applying for alpha access. I have only ever played mmos for the last 12 years for its pvp element.

I may be blunt at times but I only mean well for things to be better.

In view of the upcoming MOBA, I had picked up league of legends and heroes of order and chaos. If you feel that I can contribute, please consider me for alpha access.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Hey Gary, and STS Staff, I'd like to submit my name into the pile to be an Alpha tester, here's a few reasons why I'd like to be considered.

-Along with many others, I've been playing and supporting Spacetime Games, since Pocket Legends release, and have played every game as they came out, (Aswell as Beta testing AL)

-I've Been gaming across many platforms, (mostly MMO's and PVP oriented games), for over 15 years, (Longer than many of our community have been alive haha :P) and have flourished at every single one of them. PVE wise, and PVP wise, rising to the top quickly in both aspects, and always in the server's #1 guild.

-I believe with my countless livestreams, I've shown that I'm a very competent gamer, and will dedicate a LOT of time towards properly testing the game.

-I'm able to test across all platforms, being Android, iOs, and Chrome. As well as create some video content, with youtube videos, and of course, LIVESTREAMS!

-I also have extensive experience playing MOBA's such as LoL, Smite, VainGlory, etc, which I believe to be of greater importance than being a good pvper in a game such as Arcane Legends.

I hope you consider me as an Alpha Tester, I look forward to continuing to help the Spacetime community grow, as I have the past several years.

Cheers! -Zojak
    Last edited by Zojak; 04-07-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

The game is built to be a ton of fun to watch. As Alpha rolls on, I think we'd also be interested in offering slots to content generators, people who make cool youtube flicks, personalities, etc. This is definitely a game you can shoutcast

You mention "pro player" ... this is a good point as well. Think of this as the ultimate search for who r da bes berd!
    It would be great fun and challenging for me to make videos for this game.

You can check out my Youtube channel for AL started 7 days ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5y...TYrcasAo5E2xPw

and yea '"Pro Player'" that means a lot and there are a good number of bunch of them in game and on forums...and they are the ones who gonna make up the pride of the game and strive it to be good.

I may not be one of the "Pro Player" but I really wanna be and it takes a lot of hard work and time.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Pls consider me... bcuz i learn abt games quick, i love sts game, need something to do beside AL, and i like to explore things in game. Also if i get into alpha it will help me to recruit in my guild ty

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

For comparison purposes, here are the requirements for external folks asking to get in:

- Diamond tier League of Legends players or 4000+ MMR DotA players
    - Highly accomplished eSports athletes/ Twitch broadcasters

Keep it up folks, who are our best?
    What are "External Folks"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    What are "External Folks"?
    Other similar games and exemples. The Diamond league is related to athletism IAAF. DotA is another game