Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Producer's Note: On Pet Transfers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Admitting the mistake is nice. Correcting it would be even nicer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    Your words say a lot about how reasonable you are. Are you going to throw insults or make constructive arguments?

If a mistake was made in your favor and then some time later, after you built your character around it, STS suddenly decided it was going to take it away just because everyone on the forums wanted justice... how would you feel?
    I wouldnt ask 4 times if I was already denied 3 times

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    How's it not the guys fault, it is part his fault for asking for it to be transferred anyway so he should suffer the consequences. If it didn't get transferred to that char then what would he be doing now? He would be doing the same stuff he's doing now but without an SnS!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody forced STS to decide in his favor, the final fault lies with them. No, he shouldn't have asked for or expected special treatment but that is what players do. STS should have known better and part of the cost of their mistake is that many of its customers are dissatisfied and some will spend less on the game because of it.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I believe STS is right to leave this mistake alone and not reverse the transfer of SNS. What everyone seems to be forgetting is how unfair it would be to that player if STS took back what they did. You all are asking Hell to pay for STS' mistake! How is that right or a good idea?

No its not fair to us, and they shouldn't have done it and it's infuriating. Also some of you are just trying to eek out another exception for yourselves just because u own SNS and want to have the same mistake repeated on you cuz that would be so totally fair or something.

That is what a mistake is, something that should not have happened and shouldn't be repeated! So quit asking STS to make another one (by reversing 1 xfer) or make the same one again (by allowing all SNS owners to xfer).
    This is exactly what I'm getting at and people are just brushing aside. Thank you for wording it in a way that I could not.

I can't get my SnS transferred but I'm letting it go. There's more things to be worried about than who has SnS on what character.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-08-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Absolutely, I say put that pet back where it belongs. When you split the SNS from the warrior account, you're essentially giving that person a free SNS (or say 150m gold for free). Look at it like this, when I purchased Nekro, my Samael became a retired war veteran. Sam just sits in the stable and collects dust; I never use him anymore. This is how the natural progression should be, where a new pet replaces an older pet. If STS moved my Samael to my rogue (who currently uses Blinky), they're basically giving me a free Samael. This same situation is true with that SNS. It is unfair to the entire community to make this one exception.

If you look back to my original post where I brought this situation to light, you will see that towards the end of my post, I said that I had considered using that information to leverage moving my Samael to my rogue. However, as I said in that post, it was not the right thing to do, so I decided to go public with the information for the greater good of the game. The rules were very black and white before; let's not make them fuzzy and gray.
    He bought the pet with gold.

Free means no cost. He could not have transferred SnS if he did not buy or win it in the first place so it cannot be free. SNS can no longer be purchased either so this analogy does not work.

I agree with you on many things but asking a player to pay for a mistake that was not his isn't right either.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    He bought the pet with gold.

Free means no cost. He could not have transferred SnS if he did not buy or win it in the first place so it cannot be free. SNS can no longer be purchased either so this analogy does not work.

I agree with you on many things but asking a player to pay for a mistake that was not his isn't right either.
    No way sherlock I thoght he trade platinum tosomon for it. Not his mistak? He ask sts 4x to transfer pet and your sayits mistake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This is exactly what I'm getting at and people are just brushing aside. Thank you for wording it in a way that I could not.

I can't get my SnS transferred but I'm letting it go. There's more things to be worried about than who has SnS on what character.
    IKR. Move on guys. The entire issue has played out 10x. It was a mistake, one that they aren't going to make on anyone else. No need to punish the guy who got his transferred, I am sure wasn't his intent whatsoever for this to happen. We need to focus and redirect on more important stuff!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    I wouldnt ask 4 times if I was already denied 3 times
    Lol you probably wouldn't ask 2 times if you were denied 1 time or maybe you wouldn't have asked in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Lol you probably wouldn't ask 2 times if you were denied 1 time or maybe you wouldn't have asked in the first place.
    Exactly lol

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

There were never going to be any changes from the beginning of this thread. It was just a means of containing the increasing number of threads asking about item/pet transfer. Letting the community vent off and ban whoever took it too far. Not quite the constructive conversation topic it was labeled to be.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    IKR. Move on guys. The entire issue has played out 10x. It was a mistake, one that they aren't going to make on anyone else. No need to punish the guy who got his transferred, I am sure wasn't his intent whatsoever for this to happen. We need to focus and redirect on more important stuff!!!!
    Asking 4x is his inrtent

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Plat player movws on but harmful in free player eye see plat player get special atention

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    No way sherlock I thoght he trade platinum tosomon for it. Not his mistak? He ask sts 4x to transfer pet and your sayits mistake.
    I've seen the case and it definitely did not require platinum. It's just against ToS to post support cases of conversations with developers in private so I am not going to post screenshots just to appease someone's paranoia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Absolutely, I say put that pet back where it belongs. When you split the SNS from the warrior account, you're essentially giving that person a free SNS (or say 150m gold for free). Look at it like this, when I purchased Nekro, my Samael became a retired war veteran. Sam just sits in the stable and collects dust; I never use him anymore. This is how the natural progression should be, where a new pet replaces an older pet. If STS moved my Samael to my rogue (who currently uses Blinky), they're basically giving me a free Samael. This same situation is true with that SNS. It is unfair to the entire community to make this one exception.

If you look back to my original post where I brought this situation to light, you will see that towards the end of my post, I said that I had considered using that information to leverage moving my Samael to my rogue. However, as I said in that post, it was not the right thing to do, so I decided to go public with the information for the greater good of the game. The rules were very black and white before; let's not make them fuzzy and gray.
    If SNS was also removed from the warrior account (it was, I believe) the free large gift argument loses its leverage. It's an unfair transfer of existing wealth, not a massive gift of new wealth.

It's not fair to the community for the mistake to stand, but it would also be equally unfair to the individual player to move it back without his consent. STS would do further harm to the integrity of the game if they also caved to the whole community. No doubt there will be no more pet transfers from this point on, so the rules are now even more clear to the community.

I think we're spending more time on this than we need, as the damage was already done and it would be a terrible precedent if STS altered an account that hadn't violated the TOS against the player's wishes. That would also open STS to a lawsuit, believe me nobody wants to get the lawyers involved!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Okay, so STS did a pet transfer one time. Maybe they did it by mistake?

Mistake or not, it doesn't matter anymore. This was one week ago? two weeks? I don't know.

In my opinion, this is just a minor bump in the road (did I use this phrase right? If i didn't sorry).
    Lets leave it in the past and move on to things of more importance. (i.e. the new AL Expansion and CoC's development)

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Spacetime Studios Dev productor's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hello Folks,
    This thread has indeed run its course. Many thanks to all of you who stuck to constructive feedback.

Much Obliged,
    Adrian "Productor" Glover

19. The Following User Says Thank You to productor For This Useful Post: