Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no care bear love

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Still no care bear love

Restore is a complete waste of a skill slot for bears. What happens when the level cap is raised high enough that we have to put points into restore? I know what will most likely occor. We will then become the party's main healer. Seems more and more of the elves heal less and less these days. And god forbid if you die and need a Rez. Sometimes I get the "can't you spam heal pot faster" comment, while I am being Rezzed. Either make Restore a more viable skill, or replace it with something useful. (IE:Bear claws, an AE slash)
    cheers
    SW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

I want a insta heal skill for the bears, heal to ful HP, immediately... same cd as restore...

It would imba pvp... maybe make it heal X% of their HP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Uh, Restore for bears is a self-targeting buff....not a party buff. So a bear will never be party's main healer.

Totally agreed however about it needing to be tweaked and made useful, because right now, at least in PvE, it is totally useless.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Uh, Restore for bears is a self-targeting buff....not a party buff. So a bear will never be party's main healer.

Totally agreed however about it needing to be tweaked and made useful, because right now, at least in PvE, it is totally useless.
    I stand corrected. A bear will be the ONLY healer in the party then. Is restore for a bear more useful than meditation for archers?
    SW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got my restore cranked up to 6, and I don't find it worthless at all. I get a chunk back, and another 2or 3x that chunk in regen. Try to be as self sufficient as you can is my motto; then you can only blame yourself, your ping, or your hardware. It's why I love me the Guardian armor with all dem regens.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Restore might be the least useful for PvE, though level 1 is really the most you should get. But quite useful if you like to PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I don't particularly think it needs to heal more, instead I think an armour buff + hs buff+ heal would be fair.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ehh. If your not using all Fury, Mystery is probably what your using. Maybe bodyguard. Idk, but mystery set is 34 HS. But I don't use restore anymore. No point, I use to be self sufficient but I have found some good friends now that i can count on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    I've got my restore cranked up to 6, and I don't find it worthless at all. I get a chunk back, and another 2or 3x that chunk in regen. Try to be as self sufficient as you can is my motto; then you can only blame yourself, your ping, or your hardware. It's why I love me the Guardian armor with all dem regens.
    Sorry, I disagree (for PvE purposes). I would rather have 6 points into other skills that do damage, buff or debuff and allow me to tank or dish damage better than waste it on a skill that I can do better than by simply tapping a health pot, which is cheap as dirt.

Of course, it is personal preference Me personally, I'll take having to tap a health pot here and there (which is being "self-sufficent") and having 6 points into more useful skills any day, every day.

Not saying it's "useless" but unless you are a PvP player, spend your skill points on other skills, and use a health pot if you need to. Same for birds with Meditation, unless you really like not using mana pots. A lot of the 50+ bear gear (and some of the lower ones) have pretty good h/s on their own as someone already mentioned.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-23-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwilliam View Post
    Restore is a complete waste of a skill slot for bears. What happens when the level cap is raised high enough that we have to put points into restore? I know what will most likely occor. We will then become the party's main healer. Seems more and more of the elves heal less and less these days. And god forbid if you die and need a Rez. Sometimes I get the "can't you spam heal pot faster" comment, while I am being Rezzed. Either make Restore a more viable skill, or replace it with something useful. (IE:Bear claws, an AE slash)
    cheers
    SW
    Don't play with mages that give you grief over a rez.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Don't play with mages that give you grief over a rez.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im bumping this thread it needs to be seen i have level 6 then relaized why -___- i use it and it heals 50 hp?? really bad IMO i dont no why never noticed it until i use it and get owned anyway XD i think it needs 10 h/s for longer time or more hp
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

1.) You wont ever have to put points into it at higher level caps. From your post count, I am assuming your new. A month or so ago, maximum skill level was 5. They will continue to raise it when needed, or make new spells (still 12 slots).

2.) Every class has a pretty useless skill, some more than others. Like revive is ABSOLUTELY useless for mages. They just have to have it so the entire party doesn't flame them out for wanting more damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    1.) You wont ever have to put points into it at higher level caps. From your post count, I am assuming your new. A month or so ago, maximum skill level was 5. They will continue to raise it when needed, or make new spells (still 12 slots).

2.) Every class has a pretty useless skill, some more than others. Like revive is ABSOLUTELY useless for mages. They just have to have it so the entire party doesn't flame them out for wanting more damage.
    revive buffs 2 ms 1 hs some damage and 4 armour ^.^
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

restore is absolutely useless in pve, i don't even put 1 point into iron blood lol.
    Jirouniu lvl61 wierd Bear
    Jirouniuniu lvl61 Dex Bird
    Jiroununu lvl61 dex/int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jiroununu View Post
    restore is absolutely useless in pve, i don't even put 1 point into iron blood lol.
    Restore may be useless - I think so in PVP too - but that's not the case with Iron Blood. You'd be foolish to skip it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    Restore may be useless - I think so in PVP too - but that's not the case with Iron Blood. You'd be foolish to skip it.
    I agree. Don't skip Iron Blood unless you're making a level 20 twink bear.
    Combined with Max Hell Scream and Crushing blow, it can take off I think about 90 Damage, per hit. I'm not sure though, I'll have to check.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    I agree. Don't skip Iron Blood unless you're making a level 20 twink bear.
    Combined with Max Hell Scream and Crushing blow, it can take off I think about 90 Damage, per hit. I'm not sure though, I'll have to check.
    I like at least a point or two for the initial clash. If you miss HS or your dodge fails, you are dead meat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedBear View Post
    I like at least a point or two for the initial clash. If you miss HS or your dodge fails, you are dead meat.
    Those aren't very good chances either, with the BAMF bear dodge now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icantgetkills View Post
    revive buffs 2 ms 1 hs some damage and 4 armour ^.^
    Not that. Much
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf