Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Int not too good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Full Int not too good?

Hey idk where to post this so i decided to post it in general.

My mage was a full mage but i change it and split it up into some str and dex. And i notice that i lasted longer in runs and such.
    Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
    Keohike
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'd probably be better off posting in the enchantress section tbh.

I'm a pure int and although I'm made off glass I can put out a fair amount of damage. So as long as stay back and let the tank do their job, I can supply good heals and good damage. Some pure's seem so to think they can just run in and lead the pack in an onslought of damage and blood ... they die a lot lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah rite lol i am too tired the enchantress section hahah.

Ya the reason i changed was because i sometime like to charge head on. And i wanted more armor and dmg. Now that i am not full int, i have increase everything except for a little decrease in mana and R/M. IDK it will take me a couple days to see how it goes. Wasted like 10 plats hahaha i hope this build is good.

Keohike
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

int/dex is an awesome build tbh I just prefer pure.
    Last edited by PLaCiD; 03-23-2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Dual pally exists for a reason lol.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Plasticuproject

Pure mage is great as long as you're attached to a good bears rear end, otherwise the death toll will rise...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I am a int mage with 105 dex. Wearing mage crown and mega mage with wand and with a 9 armor ring. It gives me 153 def. I always tank and i do not see myself dying. I can heal a high amount of hp. I duel good damage output, better than a str mage. Those who are playing in my games know that. Even my 55 bird with 136 def, i also always ahead of the party and i dont trouble the mage to res me, except occassionally he died of grates blast. Even i equip a gem blast staff in plasma pyramid, i farm fast. Mobs these days dont require me to duel wield.
    Last edited by kopi; 03-23-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Well, I like full int because it gives huge heal amounts and huge spell damage. Perfect for helping your friends level, if you have a main.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well pure int is by no means bad, I have tried paly, hybrid and pure; I gotta tell you pure is by far the most I enjoy why? Because of the challenge, max damage and heals. The downside is you have to be able to time your heals and drain life and anticipate when drain life will hit, need to be fast on the pots and fire traps can one hit you most of the time. If you want to survive a bit longer you can use a wand bracer setup but I prefer using a staff for max damage except for catacombs and roach.

Paly is a good build for me it was easy mode I used it for leveling since its easier to stay alive (I was dual spec). The bad things is you lose a lot of skill damage and healing. Good is you can go up front without much worries. If you have full fury you have little to worry about you have enough mana and health regen and lots of armor. It does however lack hit% with will be 78%ish and damage.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Pure Int is awesome.

Heck, I still go up front with my mage. (I actually go up front with all my pures. Back is boring.)

After awhile, you learn how much you can handle before doing a mini-retreat while your spells recharge. Also, I tend to include heal as part of my combos in high mob traffic areas

But, it also depends on the group. In groups with good birds, they do enough damage where all I have to do is a lightning here, a lightning there, an occasional nuke to finish off a few, and keep everyone alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I go full-INT myself. One-shots are nasty, but fire traps can be managed with patience. Either time them, explode them from a safe distance, or have Magic Shield up to take the blast.

It's certainly a challenge for survival, but I've managed quite well as the lone mage in a few Bandit Boys Stronghold runs by hanging back a little and focusing more on heals/buffs and mopping up the mess than wading in to blast stuff apart. I mean, blasting is fun and all, but there's a time and a place for it. Of course, I've also taken to going wand/bracer for the extra M/s and defense, as much as I would love the power of a staff.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'm pure int and I don't have any issues with survivability. You find ways to keep yourself alive as you play. You should always be trying to find ways to improve on yourself as you play the game. I even sometimes lead the charge and hardly ever come close to dying. I'm usually in groups that know how to play their jobs and don't slack. I disagree about needing a bear to survive. We really don't. HOWEVER, they're very good and pulling the mobs together which is just awesome. I love them for that since my combos are that more efficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Well pure int is by no means bad, I have tried paly, hybrid and pure; I gotta tell you pure is by far the most I enjoy why? Because of the challenge, max damage and heals. The downside is you have to be able to time your heals and drain life and anticipate when drain life will hit, need to be fast on the pots and fire traps can one hit you most of the time. If you want to survive a bit longer you can use a wand bracer setup but I prefer using a staff for max damage except for catacombs and roach.

Paly is a good build for me it was easy mode I used it for leveling since its easier to stay alive (I was dual spec). The bad things is you lose a lot of skill damage and healing. Good is you can go up front without much worries. If you have full fury you have little to worry about you have enough mana and health regen and lots of armor. It does however lack hit% with will be 78%ish and damage.
    Thanks alot i find your post very useful
    5 thumbs up
    Keohike
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I myself am a dual, and when i dual to int, my skills and everything magical is PWNAGE. And this is dual too, so im wondering what havoc a pure int would have on those poor bandits..
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

i got tired of duel spec'ng lol. i have 35 dex to get 100% hit, and the rest goes to int. i have high skill damage and one heal does a lot. i have 138 armor with full MM , 5 armor ring, and a vanity helm of course lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had my mage all screwed up for a long time, then went half-str paladin, then to full-int, half-dex, and now I'm back to paladin again. The damage output I had with full-int was nice, but at the time I couldn't get a good group to get through VL without getting smeared. I switched to dex because I had 2 good sets, cyber and sentinel, sitting around. I found that it was all right, damage-wise, but I was too fragile to use the talon set effectively and out of range for spells with the shotgun or blaster. Since switching to the recommended STR number to boost, I have been totally happy with her performance at 55. She's wearing Sewer Queen cowl and robes, and either lowmans bracer/some random wand, SQ staff, or the purple blast staff for farming or room clearing. I haven't set her up for warior armor, and I don't know if I will; as I play like a bomber, dropping everything and circling around on the cooldown, I like the ability to take a LOT of hits and regen almost all of it before I circle back. At something like 24h/30m, all I need is a strategic retreat. the 130 armor doesn't hurt either.

Having said that, I'm usually the one who gets killed when hitting those mob clusters in swill pitz, catacombs, etc. I either run as point, close to it, or I'm glued to a bear to finish combos. She's tough, but not bear in FF tough. (although I have a helm that she can wear...)
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    I had my mage all screwed up for a long time, then went half-str paladin, then to full-int, half-dex, and now I'm back to paladin again. The damage output I had with full-int was nice, but at the time I couldn't get a good group to get through VL without getting smeared. I switched to dex because I had 2 good sets, cyber and sentinel, sitting around. I found that it was all right, damage-wise, but I was too fragile to use the talon set effectively and out of range for spells with the shotgun or blaster. Since switching to the recommended STR number to boost, I have been totally happy with her performance at 55. She's wearing Sewer Queen cowl and robes, and either lowmans bracer/some random wand, SQ staff, or the purple blast staff for farming or room clearing. I haven't set her up for warior armor, and I don't know if I will; as I play like a bomber, dropping everything and circling around on the cooldown, I like the ability to take a LOT of hits and regen almost all of it before I circle back. At something like 24h/30m, all I need is a strategic retreat. the 130 armor doesn't hurt either.

Having said that, I'm usually the one who gets killed when hitting those mob clusters in swill pitz, catacombs, etc. I either run as point, close to it, or I'm glued to a bear to finish combos. She's tough, but not bear in FF tough. (although I have a helm that she can wear...)

A little bit off topic but I done a Swill Pitz run last night with an awesome tank ... he just mass pulled all the clusters and came back with them all and we were dropping about 30-40 mobs in about 5 seconds. Then we just moved on to the next section where he done the same again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLaCiD View Post
    A little bit off topic but I done a Swill Pitz run last night with an awesome tank ... he just mass pulled all the clusters and came back with them all and we were dropping about 30-40 mobs in about 5 seconds. Then we just moved on to the next section where he done the same again.
    mustve been a big map if there were that many mobs (groups of baddies not the single baddies themselves. and there isnt a set place in any map with that many baddies in one spot lol, no ones becon is that powerful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not referring to becon ... I mean he ran around the big hall and gained threat with every mob in the room and came running back with all of them attacking him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by PLaCiD View Post
    I'm not referring to becon ... I mean he ran around the big hall and gained threat with every mob in the room and came running back with all of them attacking him.
    That is called a roundup and a few tanks, paladins or any class can do it but paladins and tanks are better at surviving(haven't seen a dex bird do it maybe Mits can). Its a very clever and useful tactic but can have awful ending if your group doesn't know how to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keohike View Post
    Thanks alot i find your post very useful
    5 thumbs up
    Keohike
    Happy to help. From all my respecs I like pure more and more using a staff, wand is very useful for its armor too.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird