Thread: So you're level 41...what now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default So you're level 41...what now?

Hello everyone,

I have been playing the game for a bit less then a month now and have just reached level 41 today.

I must admit that I am quite confused about what to do now. I feel like a newbie (and I am in a sense).

I hear all the level 41 talking and selling about gear I never even saw anywhere. I read acronyms or abbreviations that are totally unknown to me.

Worst of all I don't really know what to do now. I hear that some elite areas are good for loot, planar tombs seem to be the place to be but I have no idea where to start.

I tried planar tomb 1 and got raped by the first 3 monsters at the entrance. I know this should be a party-only area but I was curious.

Is there a guide somewhere about what should be done or avoided? Which elite areas to look for, which bosses to farm for loot, etc.

Everybody is a newbie at some point, thanks for the advices! ; )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Now:

Run elite maps (start with Brackenridge and complete them all)

Join a good guild for Elite runs and find a team for Planar Tomb 1 (It's the hardest map)

Start Farming Elite Southern Seas for Elite Golden Pirate Chest (collect them and open for a chance at Mythic Helm)

Start Farming Elite Jurn Woods or Elite Oltgar Keep for Elite Golden Warchest (collect them and open for a chance at Mythic Armor)

Start Farming Planar Tombs 3 for Planar Fragments and the famous chests

Start Farming Elite Shuyal Planar Arena for a chance at Mythic Amulet Recipe

Start Farming The Wilds (normal) for Dragkin tooth) and sell dragonite bars (or crack some locked crates for arcane shard and get Rendtail's Dragonstone Ring)

If you follow these, you'll be OP at the end

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Ur class ? Gears ?

Well, some ppl said dont buy anything cost millions because new expansion is coming, i would like to see their comment in this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a level 41 sorcerer. Right now here is my current gear :

expedition rifle of assault dps 137 level 40
    necroptic guardian cowl of assault level 41
    ancient druid garb of brutality level 41
    arlorian egg-shell band of force level 40
    lunar pendant level 30

all have +3 to +6 int gems inserted.

Also have access to a leprehcaun pendant.

Stats are 185str, 50dex, 467int, armor 1120, dps 580

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Level up all three classes to 41. Yes, I am serious - it is fun!
    They all have they own advantages and disadvantages - and their own strategies. If you ever enter pvp, it is good to know how other classes perform.

Start twinking - much cheaper to enter pvp in lower levels.
    Jiarijiba / Jiablast / Jiaroxx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hi guy I try to post but i cant y?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

o nvm gues i cen now sry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post
    Start twinking - much cheaper to enter pvp in lower levels.
    What is twinking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

PVP on a low level

As said above you should join a farmig guild like <enigmatic> or <elite runners>. this will help you to get a party for elite maps.
    (make sure u have enough ankhs)

good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Don't twink until your ready trust me it's all about paras and don't endgame pvp unless you don't care about kdr but do what dragoonclaws said pvp is broken because it's all about gear but pve is balanced fun and easy that's why everyone dose it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Since everyone answers the question nicely. I'll go Sarcastic

So you're level 41...what now?

Quit AL and Get A Job In Real Life
    Last edited by Aprove; 04-11-2015 at 02:14 AM.

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Dps not important, it is dmg makes u hit harder. Change the gun to lv41 brutality type. Armor icescale set which is with dmg bonus. Sell ur ring buy blood ruby. Pendant is decent. Skill : fire.ice.clock.shield no heal, then go elite wilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Get the other two characters up to 41 hahaha!
    Proud recruiter of High Society
    IGN: princenipples

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Any chests you loot just sell them. Do not open. The chests worth opening will be in next expansion. Join a guild that has members who are constantly farming.

P.S if money an issue be a mage, cheaper to gear up. If not, be a rogue.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 04-11-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Im 41, now as pvp is broken, elite pve costs too much, wat i do is enjoy the only enjoyable thing by poor ppl in this game, social.

Sent by a nub using Tapatalk
    IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello again,

First many thanks for all the replies. Instead of starting a new threads I'll ask my follow-up questions here. Hope all newer level 41 can use this good information too!

Dragoonclaws said :

"Run elite maps (start with Brackenridge and complete them all)
    Start Farming The Wilds (normal) for Dragkin tooth) and sell dragonite bars (or crack some locked crates for arcane shard and get Rendtail's Dragonstone Ring)"

Question 1 : Many of these elite areas are quite nightmarish for me, even in a party. Is that normal? Should a newer level 41 with pretty good gear (I invested a bit more then the usual newer level 41) be able to party efficiently for most of these areas?

Question 2 : Dragoonclaws said to run the elite maps (starting in brackenridge) and complete them all. Is it only to farm for gold and such? I don't see the point in doing all the elite maps that don't give specific gear or items that are worth something. What am I missing?

Question 3 : Someone in the thread said that Damage matters, not DPS (damage per second). I don't understand why. DPS is an indicator of your pure ability to deliver damage over a specific period of time. It should be a better representation of your power instead of the damage stat itself.

Question 4 : Planar tomb level 1. Seriously, what the heck is wrong with THAT? I have a hard time even getting a party to get in there, much less finish it. Nobody wants to go and those who want are rather weak level 41s. That area is now a recurring nightmare when I go to sleep at night ; ) Is there a strategy I am missing or something? Should I pay stronger level 41 as mercenaries to party with me to finish it?

Question 5 : As a sorcerer I have ice-fireball-shield-clock. It iis the second time that someone in an area calls me a Noob because I don't have the Heal spell (they want mana). There are many diffirent builds for mages. Are they right? Is it a bad call not to have Heal or they are just egotistic and want other to help them instead of using potions?

Thanks for all the input everyone!
    Last edited by Lornakk; 04-16-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

1 : tindirin wilds normal mode is quite easy for 41, if have prob then is ur gear
    2 : u can farming eggs there. More table loot u can find it in another thread
    3 : in pve u r spamming skills not a just normal attack. Skills dmg is hit harder as ur dmg increased
    4 : yes. Planar tombs / arena is the most difficult elite map for the moment. So get better gear or leeching
    5: nope u r right. They r noob.. Tell them to use POTS. The only one that must use heal is a warrior in pve

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lornakk View Post
    Hello again,

First many thanks for all the replies. Instead of starting a new threads I'll ask my follow-up questions here. Hope all newer level 41 can use this good information too!

Dragoonclaws said :

Start Farming The Wilds (normal) for Dragkin tooth) and sell dragonite bars (or crack some locked crates for arcane shard and get Rendtail's Dragonstone Ring)"

Question 1 : Many of these elite areas are quite nightmarish for me, even in a party. Is that normal? Should a newer level 41 with pretty good gear (I invested a bit more then the usual newer level 41) be able to party efficiently for most of these areas?

Question 2 : Dragoonclaws said to run the elite maps (starting in brackenridge) and complete them all. Is it only to farm for gold and such? I don't see the point in doing all the elite maps that don't give specific gear or items that are worth something. What am I missing?

Question 3 : Someone in the thread said that Damage matters, not DPS (damage per second). I don't understand why. DPS is an indicator of your pure ability to deliver damage over a specific period of time. It should be a better representation of your power instead of the damage stat itself.

Question 4 : Planar tomb level 1. Seriously, what the heck is wrong with THAT? I have a hard time even getting a party to get in there, much less finish it. Nobody wants to go and those who want are rather weak level 41s. That area is now a recurring nightmare when I go to sleep at night ; ) Is there a strategy I am missing or something? Should I pay stronger level 41 as mercenaries to party with me to finish it?

Question 5 : As a sorcerer I have ice-fireball-shield-clock. It iis the second time that someone in an area calls me a Noob because I don't have the Heal spell (they want mana). There are many diffirent builds for mages. Are they right? Is it a bad call not to have Heal or they are just egotistic and want other to help them instead of using potions?

1. Depends what gears and pets you've invested in.

2. If you're going to run all elite maps then it's probably for APs. Right now only planar tombs is worthy of farming...just.

3. Damage helps a lot. High DPS and Damage and you're OP - as a rogue.

4. There is strategy. If you're team posses high damage just pummel him and no fire turrets. If the team lacks damage, then use Kelvin on the 8th count when fire rings emerge - very tricky.

5. Anyone that expects mana tell them to start spamming pots! Why should you spend your gold to replenish someone else's mana ?
    Last edited by Terminhater; 04-16-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lornakk View Post
    Hello again,

Dragoonclaws said :

Those maps are actually extra challenges for players to complete. They are Elite Maps! It's very normal to find mobs with 3x more armor and 5x more damage. The better gear you have, the easier they are

Elite maps have better drops then Normal maps. Elite Golden [something here] Chests have better drops then the normal goldens. I actually asked to start with Brackenridge because of the APs (Achievement Points)

DPS means damage per second, and Damage is pure damage. DPS says how many damage you do every seconds,: weapon that charges slower will have lower DPS and weapon that charges faster will have high DPS. Now why DMG is more important then DPS: because of skills. Skill use the DMG, and not the DPS. Higher damage means more damage dealt by skills (and more heal from Healing skills).

Planar Tomb 1 seems to be the hardest map of the 3. It has worst drops then other maps. It's the worst thing to farm... Try finding a team to complete it quick, then go to Planar Tomb 3 asap... don't waste your time with PT1...

They are noobs, tell them to use their own mana potions. Don't join random parties. The discussion have been brought before, you're cool.

Answered between lines

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks again everyone for all the replies. Really helpful!