Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rouges need damage nerf stopped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    As far the the pet happiness problem...

It's not so much a bug... as a result of your nerf, and not properly explained now, I think (like so many stats and multipliers)...

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly this stack/multiplier stopped working when rogues were nerfed in pvp and for the reason of balancing out the classes... So it's basically now just like that obnoxious damage passive skill that won't stack with anything else...

Though I do feel rogues pain (and all classes frustration about skills and buffs not working as they should... Let's face it we all had to respec our damage passive after learning that's it's useless... Along with tons of other skills/bugs)...

I do not think raising rogues damage is the answer... Your skill multipliers like stacking aimed shot, armor, criticals, and crazy fast killer capabilities already make rogues the favored class for anything in game besides maybe a twink clash...

I do think sts needs to address the lies in their skill descriptions (which I have seen them slowly addressing lately and will give credit for)... However they need to fix the ones that don't work (or at least have better transparency about what does and doesn't work/stack), and address the descriptions of gear that only shows once equipped...

Beyond that I think that rogues need to have their debuffs scaled better per level (though I won't claim to know each lv as I hear some are good and some are horrible... And I haven't twinked in long time... Just basing this opinion on people I trust that tell me their issues)

And as far as end game... I think rogues need to step up their game... Like they've been telling others to for years now (not meaning about gear discrepancies, cause that's different)... But it's about time that end game rogues had to get creative in their defensive techniques and I'd prefer to see the end game scales tipped even more so mages or tanks direction (maybe then we can actually get a few kills in around all you rogues out there, lol!)
    I am generally OK with balances and fixes that's necessary.

What we ROGs dont support is on an arcane pet (which almost all have +dmg) this bonus is unavailable to us , now thats been going for a long time now which the majority dont really care till now that STS has been buffing skills of sorcs and warriors. Real world value and scenario this is unacceptable - since we are going the road of skill updates and class balances this should also be addressed now.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

2. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Well rip to mages and tanks once rogues get the dmg% from their pets. thats if they get it wkwkwk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Remarked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

As a rogue that cannot used a Dmg % from a pet is really sucks, even warrior is almost having the same dmg as the rogue.
    Ex : in lvl 13 ( Warrior dmg = 110-125 ) ( Rogue dmg = 115-130 ) i think..
    Also thats why i choose rogue class to be a Damage dealer not being left in a corner.

PS: im a twink and palying rogue is getting harder for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Astrea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrea View Post
    As a rogue that cannot used a Dmg % from a pet is really sucks, even warrior is almost having the same dmg as the rogue.
    Ex : in lvl 13 ( Warrior dmg = 110-125 ) ( Rogue dmg = 115-130 ) i think..
    Also thats why i choose rogue class to be a Damage dealer not being left in a corner.

PS: im a twink and palying rogue is getting harder for me.
    You do realize that those are only numbers, right? They don't actually mean anything when it comes to how fast you kill something. Rogue will always out-perform someone of another class with equal damage. I know this varies at twink levels in pvp, but the principle is the same. Nobody else has stacking crit+armour reduction on their primary skill.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves View Post
    A rouge with 400 damage does NOT do more then a mage with 700.. Trust me... Endgame rouges with mid gear (mythic set, expe bow legendary ring and amulet) can't get close to that.
    Meant 500 damage my bad....

Without a pet I am equipped with mythic set, expe gun, ruby, and talisman and hit 472 damage so can u tell me the damage of a rogue with similar equips in pvp?
    Last edited by Caabatric; 04-12-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

pffffft rogues are easy to kill, just follow these 4 steps.

1: stun
    2: stun
    3: kill
    4: teabaaaaaaag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    I am generally OK with balances and fixes that's necessary.

What we ROGs dont support is on an arcane pet (which almost all have +dmg) this bonus is unavailable to us , now thats been going for a long time now which the majority dont really care till now that STS has been buffing skills of sorcs and warriors. Real world value and scenario this is unacceptable - since we are going the road of skill updates and class balances this should also be addressed now.
    Haha... I hear ya... I've been complain about sns for a year now with no luck...

I'm not sure if there's enough players to facilitate it, but I would love gear based pvp rooms.. I'd even unequip pets or gear to make gear limits... Something like common gear, rare gear, legendary gear, mythic gear, and arcane gear limited rooms would be really cool (sorry if off topic)
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I am doing pvp as lvl 13 mage. I have good gear for this lvl. I can keep 4:1 kdr. BUT! If any rogue ask me for vs I ALWAYS say no ty.. Aimed shot is op skill. Rogue can get dmg back in pvp room, but only if STS remove 250% crit upgrade. If no dmg Nerf for rogues, good geared rogue easy will 1 aimed crit my mage with shield on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imsofancy View Post
    pffffft rogues are easy to kill, just follow these 4 steps.

1: stun
    2: stun
    3: kill
    4: teabaaaaaaag
    Razor
    Stun-fail
    Watch them get their packs
    Say gg

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xnorwayx View Post
    I am doing pvp as lvl 13 mage. I have good gear for this lvl. I can keep 4:1 kdr. BUT! If any rogue ask me for vs I ALWAYS say no ty.. Aimed shot is op skill. Rogue can get dmg back in pvp room, but only if STS remove 250% crit upgrade. If no dmg Nerf for rogues, good geared rogue easy will 1 aimed crit my mage with shield on.
    Yeah I can't voice twink lvs fairly anymore as its been so long since I logged in to any of them... I hear mixed reviews, but concensus is that tanks are op in certain lv brackets...

Though I do think this should be addressed... stacking tanks has always been an issue... And I think the best way to deal with that is to just leave map
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Then mages will ask for their freeze work on pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    As far the the pet happiness problem...

It's not so much a bug... as a result of your nerf, and not properly explained now, I think (like so many stats and multipliers)...

I could be wrong but if I remember correctly this stack/multiplier stopped working when rogues were nerfed in pvp and for the reason of balancing out the classes... So it's basically now just like that obnoxious damage passive skill that won't stack with anything else...

Though I do feel rogues pain (and all classes frustration about skills and buffs not working as they should... Let's face it we all had to respec our damage passive after learning that's it's useless... Along with tons of other skills/bugs)...

I do not think raising rogues damage is the answer... Your skill multipliers like stacking aimed shot, armor, criticals, and crazy fast killer capabilities already make rogues the favored class for anything in game besides maybe a twink clash...

I do think sts needs to address the lies in their skill descriptions (which I have seen them slowly addressing lately and will give credit for)... However they need to fix the ones that don't work (or at least have better transparency about what does and doesn't work/stack), and address the descriptions of gear that only shows once equipped...

Beyond that I think that rogues need to have their debuffs scaled better per level (though I won't claim to know each lv as I hear some are good and some are horrible... And I haven't twinked in long time... Just basing this opinion on people I trust that tell me their issues)

And as far as end game... I think rogues need to step up their game... Like they've been telling others to for years now (not meaning about gear discrepancies, cause that's different)... But it's about time that end game rogues had to get creative in their defensive techniques and I'd prefer to see the end game scales tipped even more so mages or tanks direction (maybe then we can actually get a few kills in around all you rogues out there, lol!)
    Valid points indeed, and I agree with most of it. Rogues do need to up their game and stop being lazy expecting to 2 hit everything.

However, I must point out that this bug was recognised and reported many seasons ago. Again, I'm not asking for a damage buff, but rather a buff in another stat to compensate.

With every other class being buffed, and all "catching up" to rogues, rogues will have more difficulty in pvp compared to before. The fact that mages and warriors damage in pvp is increased by 10% or whatever is acknowledged and considered fair. The rogue -10% dmg nerf is also fair I guess.

However it becomes a problem when rogues pay 10m+ for a pet like samael or singe but don't get the buff like other classes. Analogically speaking, it's like if the OP Nekro AA gives the shield to all classes except rogues.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

The -10% damage for rogues in pvp, compared to tanks and mages is fair on paper.

BUT what is very unfair and has been neglected for very long is the fact that this -10% dmg for rogues in pvp CANCELS out the pet's' bonus dmg too. That brings rogues in a situation where they are walking around with 20-22% (10 %dmg nerf plus the nerf canceling pet dmg buff) lesser damage compared to tanks and mages receiving their pet bonus dmg.

While maxed rogues at higher levels would have little difficulty in such a situation, and their playmates would term them OP, this is not the case for all level brackets, as several players have already mentioned above. Sts, you are releasing pet after pet with pet damage bonus (arcane and others), atleast make it fully functional in pvp.

The plan was 10% dmg nerf for rogues in pvp. In arcane history ( I have played since day 1), nowhere was it mentioned that rogues will be deprived of 20% dmg in pvp. It is a MALFUNCTION or poor-quality coding (apologies for the use of that term but that is what it is), that has been around for too long and urgently needs a fix. If pet bonus dmg does not work for one class in pvp, disable that pet bonus dmg for all classes then. Or compensate the rogue's unintended glitched extra damage loss with health and armor.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 04-13-2015 at 09:59 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Well put zyn, have some thanks!!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Meant 500 damage my bad....

Without a pet I am equipped with mythic set, expe gun, ruby, and talisman and hit 472 damage so can u tell me the damage of a rogue with similar equips in pvp?
    With my 41 I can reach.. 500 damage PvE with dova. I use expe bow of pot mythic set elo ring of celerity and eerie amulet of brut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn:2121273
    The -10% damage for rogues in pvp, compared to tanks and mages is fair on paper.

BUT what is very unfair and has been neglected for very long is the fact that this -10% dmg for rogues in pvp CANCELS out the pet's' bonus dmg too. That brings rogues in a situation where they are walking around with 20-22% (10 %dmg nerf plus the nerf canceling pet dmg buff) lesser damage compared to tanks and mages receiving their pet bonus dmg.

While maxed rogues at higher levels would have little difficulty in such a situation, and their playmates would term them OP, this is not the case for all level brackets, as several players have already mentioned above. Sts, you are releasing pet after pet with pet damage bonus (arcane and others), atleast make it fully functional in pvp.

The plan was 10% dmg nerf for rogues in pvp. In arcane history ( I have played since day 1), nowhere was it mentioned that rogues will be deprived of 20% dmg in pvp. It is a MALFUNCTION or poor-quality coding (apologies for the use of that term but that is what it is), that has been around for too long and urgently needs a fix. If pet bonus dmg does not work for one class in pvp, disable that pet bonus dmg for all classes then. Or compensate the rogue's unintended glitched extra damage loss with health and armor.
    Adding the damage % that certain pets give to rogues would unleash hell in pvp lol.

Dovabear would become overpowered for a rogue. Abaddon with 15% dmg lol...

Mythic gear rogues can still do crazy damage on crits. The problem here is the gear/stat difference between a legendary/mythic rogue and a full imbued/Arc ring/mythic rogue. A full rogue is overly overpowered, yet a legendary / mythic rogue is not comparable to those.

Adding the pet % dmg boost might balance the lower rogues, but it would completely destroy pvp with maxes rogues. Lol imagine seeing those maces out nekro users... With an added 15% damage. Just no

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Volt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Adding the damage % that certain pets give to rogues would unleash hell in pvp lol.

Dovabear would become overpowered for a rogue. Abaddon with 15% dmg lol...

Mythic gear rogues can still do crazy damage on crits. The problem here is the gear/stat difference between a legendary/mythic rogue and a full imbued/Arc ring/mythic rogue. A full rogue is overly overpowered, yet a legendary / mythic rogue is not comparable to those.

Adding the pet % dmg boost might balance the lower rogues, but it would completely destroy pvp with maxes rogues. Lol imagine seeing those maces out nekro users... With an added 15% damage. Just no
    This is why, they should really really reallyyyy consider changing that bonus.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    You admit that giving pet bonus dmg to lower level rogues would balance things. But your statement basically also proposes to sacrifice twink pvp rogues for the sake of balancing endgame.

I would like to bring to light that twinks invest in pvp as much as endgamers and rogues at lower levels need balance as much as endgamers do. When tanks of endgame are left out of farming parties, one can cry but when rogues at twink levels are frequently swapped out for tanks from clash rooms and tanks are favoured all the time over rogues, it is "just no"?

Pvp is not ALL about endgame. STS made pvp possible for all levels, arcane pets usable for pvp at all levels, pvp gear lootable at all levels, they might as well pay attention to the concerns and issues of pvp players besides endgame. I agree with your point that maxed rogues at high levels (endgame and towards endgame) are doing ok currently, but it is not so at twink levels.

While all these recent buffs to mage and tank is going on, it is highly unfair to rogues that they should be deprived of whopping 20-25% damage. The funniest part is that it was never announced that rogues will have that great amount of damage loss, compared to other classes. Its all behind the curtains and people only see that there is a 10% dmg nerf.

If that pet damage bonus is sohard to fix, devs just need to disable all pet damage-buff in pvp for all 3 classes to make it fair for all. Or as some others suggested, instead of the pet bonus damage, rogues should be given a health and armor bonus. That should compensate.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 04-13-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disproves View Post
    With my 41 I can reach.. 500 damage PvE with dova. I use expe bow of pot mythic set elo ring of celerity and eerie amulet of brut.
    I said no pet and in a pvp room but with dova I get 559 damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    You admit that giving pet bonus dmg to lower level rogues would balance things. But your statement basically also proposes to sacrifice twink pvp rogues for the sake of balancing endgame.

I would like to bring to light that twinks invest in pvp as much as endgamers and rogues at lower levels need balance as much as endgamers do. When tanks of endgame are left out of farming parties, one can cry but when rogues at twink levels are frequently swapped out for tanks from clash rooms and tanks are favoured all the time over rogues, it is "just no"?

Pvp is not ALL about endgame. STS made pvp possible for all levels, arcane pets usable for pvp at all levels, pvp gear lootable at all levels, they might as well pay attention to the concerns and issues of pvp players besides endgame. I agree with your point that maxed rogues at high levels (endgame and towards endgame) are doing ok currently, but it is not so at twink levels.

While all these recent buffs to mage and tank is going on, it is highly unfair to rogues that they should be deprived of whopping 20-25% damage. The funniest part is that it was never announced that rogues will have that great amount of damage loss, compared to other classes. Its all behind the curtains and people only see that there is a 10% dmg nerf.

If that pet damage bonus is sohard to fix, devs just need to disable all pet damage-buff in pvp for all 3 classes to make it fair for all. Or as some others suggested, instead of the pet bonus damage, rogues should be given a health and armor bonus. That should compensate.
    He meant lower geared end-game rogues....