Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plats Waste Of Money?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

They do need to sort the loot system out from the locks because at the moment it is ridiculous. I think they should actually scrap that 2k loot out of the locked because spending real money on plats and pop 25 locks in a row only getting 2k 2k 2k and then open next one and get some ugly frog 2k 2k then your next 10 its back to the the three 2k's again its messed up system, its basically daylight robbery

sent from fritters beak

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Holmes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

True opening Locks & being Ultra Lucky enough nowadays to get an arcane item is the quickest way to make the Millions of gold needed in Arcane Legends to gear your toon with the strongest items/pets. It is a gamble and it is understood about arcane rarity etc;

BUT, one major issue is the amount of money ppl spend to purchase platinum & receive ZERO for it. Example players spends $300 of real money to buy platinum in hopes of getting high end item. Now we all know its a random drop rate but it seems the Drop Rate has been altered just like when the drop rate of Essences (At one time you would get 6-8 essence drops for 1 person in brackeridge zone just fighting to 1st boss) was altered and the Drop rate of Lock Chest (At one time 2 or sometimes more locked chest would drop for 1person fighting to Brackeridge boss) until it was altered by sts to be alot less frequent. I remember when using Lep amulet / get a Luck elixir from Shazbot & you would get a atleast 1 locked chest out of every 5 runs in Brackenridge or 2 - 3 out of evry 5 runs in Mines. But those days have gone due to drop reduction, where it can take on average about 15 - 20 brackenridge runs to see 2 or 3 Locked Chest drop in total for ppl on the map not just for one person like it used to be.

Just a question but when was the last time any of you had paid a significant amount of money, spent that money and not received anything? That's like walking into an electronics store hoping to get a new Laptop.. handing the salesman your $500 etc; and then just walking out of the store empty handed.

The real problem is, because drop rates in locks are secret none of the player base can TRULY tell if its Actually Double Odds. It honestly seems like the normal lowered drop rates from the locks. The only reason you may see more arcane/mythic in Auction is because ppl are opening WAY more locks than they would normally. I get it StS makes their money, but its a Two Way Street... kinda bummed out on seeing SO MANY negative Locks post after ppl have spent SO much of their hard earned money.

I think the random drop is appropriate, but the % rate needs to be increased like yesterday. It's no way multiple ppl should invest Hundreds to even Thousands of dollars and keep walking away empty handed. In the Stock Market an investment of your money in that way is called a BAD INVESTMENT.

Hope this honest post & its truthful concern... isnt deleted by mods etc as many seem to be Just expressing a real issue FAR TOO MANY AL players have far to often.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 04-14-2015 at 10:34 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My guildie got 1 singe in locked in this week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by griokadib View Post
    My guildie got 1 singe in locked in this week
    Not to say you NEVER get an arcane from locked and yes they're post here & there like yours stating I or a friend got an arcane item opening 5 locks or so or even i opened 1000 locks. Arcane/Mythic items are supposed to drop from locked crates "thats the only way to get many of the arcane/mythic items in the game" So yes, no1 is debating that u CAN get one.. ppl are frustrated about the HUGE discprepancy with the Percentage % drop rate. One Post topic asked "How much money/Plat does it take before Good Item" - you can read the OP's concern buying a large amount of Plat & the percentage of drops he recieved- and imo that's the kind of post topic that shouldn't be happening.

Grats to your friend but the point being made is a different one.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 04-14-2015 at 10:58 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HotttSauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I had a lep, elixer and egg ring PROC going for me when I opened crates this weekend. I still got mostly nothing but money and cheap pinks. I did manage to get one orange (underpowered) item for my rogue, but that's about it, nothing red, 8^(. I actually ended up with better luck with the gold eggs, got another ring after maybe 20 eggs.

It really does bite to get 6k when you spent actual cash to open something, especially when that 15 plat could have been told into 30,000 gold instead.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPrime View Post
    I had a lep, elixer and egg ring PROC going for me when I opened crates this weekend. I still got mostly nothing but money and cheap pinks. I did manage to get one orange (underpowered) item for my rogue, but that's about it, nothing red, 8^(. I actually ended up with better luck with the gold eggs, got another ring after maybe 20 eggs.

It really does bite to get 6k when you spent actual cash to open something, especially when that 15 plat could have been told into 30,000 gold instead.
    I hope the lep, elixir, and egg ring made you feel lucky because there is no possibility of a re-roll when you open locked crates.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Agreed that the lock loot is ridiculous but you do know that lepre/elixir dont have effect on popping locks right?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Edward and merch_master...

I missed the memo about re-rolls not applying to crates... That explains a lot.

I thought I had read all the important player guides, but clearly I missed one.

So the re-rolls only work on monsters then? Not chests, crates and other items?

BTW, Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Edward and merch_master...

I missed the memo about re-rolls not applying to crates... That explains a lot.

I thought I had read all the important player guides, but clearly I missed one.

So the re-rolls only work on monsters then? Not chests, crates and other items?

BTW, Thanks for the clarification.
    the reroll works when you loot an item,as in loot in while you are running a map.
    Opening of crates doesn't come under that.
    Atleast you know now ....good luck popping them

16. The Following User Says Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Naaah its not just u.. its happened to many plats buyers.. Including me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally agreed with ur comments.. These are our voices..
    to sts please do something about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I went on a lock opening binge once and got a bunch of ethyls. Everytime I saw a crate number go up my heart jumped. Then I see legendary Ethyl and I want to go back to sleep forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Jayyyyyy! I just had to respond in this post because Jay replied and I see that awesome siggy. hehe.

to the OP, don't pop locks. You're competing against people who farm platinum. Basically they cheat to get a boat load of platinum and they use their plat they didn't spend real money on to open locks. You have no chance of ever making as much gold or looting as many items as the people who cheat and I'd hate to see you waste more of your hard earned money that you could spend much more wisely on real world items or console games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Jayyyyyy! I just had to respond in this post because Jay replied and I see that awesome siggy. hehe.

to the OP, don't pop locks. You're competing against people who farm platinum. Basically they cheat to get a boat load of platinum and they use their plat they didn't spend real money on to open locks. You have no chance of ever making as much gold or looting as many items as the people who cheat and I'd hate to see you waste more of your hard earned money that you could spend much more wisely on real world items or console games!
    Pandaaaa! Please tell me you're coming back :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Spending plat at the right time and selling at the right time is key and much better than popping locks for example I was selling jester sets for 90-100k each and bought a lot of them for 25 plat and made a lot from event pet crates by selling them for 50-60k.

I learnt the hard way from locks and won't ever open them again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I was actually told by an STS support person that because this is based on odds (gambling) it is possible to literally possible to open 1000's of locked crates and get nothing. It is all based on luck and averages. You spend enough or get really lucky you will get something.