Thread: Vanity Gear dropping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Vanity Gear dropping

we currently do have a selection of vanity gear, such as holiday items and some plat things like star robes (might be useful, but still vanity-like)

so, why dont we make it a customary kind of drop? notice how we skip a lot of minibosses in BS, such as oil slick (thx rushing thread) and if we could get themed mini-sets from them, it would make the general game more exiting per run.
    so far, we have always gotten around 1 chance at cool stuff in a single run of a dungeon, except in boss brawl places and where there are mini-bosses (which you have to go through anyway).
    If we could get garbage camo gear, maybe a trashcan shield, things that are more used for looks and to carry around town.
    it doesnt have to drop very often, making it as rare as the usual gear makes it valuable and more of a collectors piece, instead of ending up with everyone in town owning a full set.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

+100,000 pretzels for suggesting bringing life back into those sad minibosses! I missed getting a rare chance for a good item from them. Wow I'm in love with this idea! (just don't recolor old hats)

And if they wanted to make it harder, they could make them drop only from the mininbosses that only appear occasionally. Like "Whatshisface the Safecrack" archer in hideout and "Ooze" in catacombs.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I like this idea. It would be really nive having multiple goals per map, and it would make people get the full effect from their dungeon experience.

I think they should implement this only if the vanity items gave NO stat bonus' of any kind. No armor, luck, damage, int, anything. I say this for two reasons. One, I feel the stat enhancing items should be reserved for plat purchases only, the devs have to make their money somehow. And two, if the sets have no stats, then less people will want to farm for them, which would make them all the more impressive to collect the whole set for.

I would for sure be hunting for the elusive oozing green set from "Ooze".
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!