Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Approximate Expansion Date

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I would agree with the first part.

As far as testing, have they ever actually fixed the bugs found in the test server before going live? I know the last 2 events were released with bugs that had been reported. I don't pay a lot of attention to the event test server stuff, preferring to experience things myself, so am not sure if any were actually fixed or not.
    I remember whhile testing w/ avexone the last boss (the three nub wars) the bug never happened, we ran him countless times. But no bug, when we went on the live server, the bug was ridiculously spawning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    I remember whhile testing w/ avexone the last boss (the three nub wars) the bug never happened, we ran him countless times. But no bug, when we went on the live server, the bug was ridiculously spawning.
    A spectacular example of how the test server is seemingly just a gimmick. All it really does is give one group of people previews of new content, and cause dissension in the player base. The benefits cannot possibly outweigh the negative - not for an expansion.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

For the test server, lock the auction, give everyone some untradable gear to run with, and only open the maps that are needed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I like the test server, but then again I have access to it because I'm not a apple user, so I don't feel cheated like they do. It's just a shame that apple is so strict with their app release protocols. It would have been nice to give everyone the same access to the 'alpha' for the new expansion so there isn't a sense of 'oh, but they found out stuff before we did' thing which can have a terrible impact on the live server and markets. I enjoy it for the simple fact that I don't run around with 2k plat on any occasion in the live, so for me its a chance to play like a premium paid member even if only for a little bit. Testing the content is fun, but I don't think its a game breaker, it's more about the fact that potential financial information could get distributed early and if you're not a part of the test server, then GG. If they can make it as close to the live as they can without making critical changes to the market I don't think there would be that much of an issue about who gets to play it or not, imo.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Yes what Ark says exactly. I also have never been able to do TS because I am iOS, and honestly it never felt like it impacted the game play for me when the content went over to the live server. The iOS issue is something that StS truly can't fix. :/

This is sort of random, but is there anyway for someone who is on Google+ to switch their account over to an email login? Fade uses Google+ so he comes on TS naked, and I know that we want to do the TS together this time. Just curious if anyone knew this was possible.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Yes what Ark says exactly. I also have never been able to do TS because I am iOS, and honestly it never felt like it impacted the game play for me when the content went over to the live server. The iOS issue is something that StS truly can't fix. :/

This is sort of random, but is there anyway for someone who is on Google+ to switch their account over to an email login? Fade uses Google+ so he comes on TS naked, and I know that we want to do the TS together this time. Just curious if anyone knew this was possible.
    i have the same problem like fade and i asked for change my g+ login to email ... but no reply .. ill try it again .. its so *grrrrr*
    also g+ gives me some extra dcs when login information expires

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psycthe View Post
    I would suggest to only have the top players in the leader boards to have the luxury, other than them people, just throw them under the bus, for now. I mean it's hard to be in that damn board what more to maintain your position.
    This makes zero sense... give the best players in the game the chance to figure everything out before everyone else... that's a huge fail! As if they already don't have an advantage let make sure we seal it in stone lol!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

YES! Why can't we use google+ database with the TS?????? Of course it's possible... the question is why not do it I'm 100% sure google is ok with it!
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I only found one thing for this G+ thing, but its for only gears can't get pets obv
    Create account from FB/email and pass the gear of main to that account while they are going to take that info from main for test server. So on TS you get that capped toon with the gear you use
    And if you have egg even stash it.

I also have all my main on one G+ account and never could test with it ><

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Wait so if you use google + you can't do the test server? Or do you mean that you can't use the gears off that toon

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    Wait so if you use google + you can't do the test server? Or do you mean that you can't use the gears off that toon

sent from fritters beak
    We can't login through google+ account on test servers , there is some problem with google+ on it so.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianTwo View Post
    We can't login through google+ account on test servers , there is some problem with google+ on it so.
    So I would have to lvl a toon to 41 on my fb account to test stuff or do you get a lvl 41 with no gears?

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Correct they flash the players with email login only and anyone else comes over can make a 41 but it's naked.