Thread: Re Egging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Re Egging.

There seemed to be a lot of controversy around this. I was decently new when it was announced that this system was returning and the forum erupted with nay-saying.

Fast forward a few weeks and there was a huge issue over "pet transferring" that mods went on record for saying it was a bad idea and ultimately they realized the error. Not that the idea itself was bad but that it introduced a perceived sense of favoritism.

Well then. If the majority is unhappy with the re egging system but want some of the perks involved in it, without the backlash of incident two, tweak the system a bit.

Instead of being only lvl 1 unused pets, make it any level. Instead of mod permissions, charge for it. And to make it equal for all but still profitable, make it cost 1000 plat or 1 million gold to re egg. Still make the egg RETURN to lvl 1 on re egging to make the players transferring still have to work for the benefit.

What y'all think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

That'd be nice.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Sounds pretty cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Meh I used samael for 2 years, I'll re egg for 1m gold and sell 10m to help fund my nekro XD

But nice idea, +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

-1 they should keep it as it is, people should learn that if you open and use something you opened it with the intention to use it, and then they should Stand for that decision.
    However, if you accidentally open, you shouldnt level it anyway, and so they can follow their normal Way of doing it...
    I like making people Stand for their decisions, its not fun if EVERYTHING in a game can be reverted...

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Item View Post
    Meh I used samael for 2 years, I'll re egg for 1m gold and sell 10m to help fund my nekro XD

But nice idea, +1
    Except re-egging would change the valuation on eggs and your Sam would sell for closer to 1M profit after the fee.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Except re-egging would change the valuation on eggs and your Sam would sell for closer to 1M profit after the fee.
    Exactly. It would start a market balance on rare eggs. And moaning and groaning about gold cost differences incoming, it is a market guys. Prices rise and fall. Grow up and get used to it. You will still be the first people with the next 10 million gold item again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I believe that if u re egg a pet it should be bound to that account.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yes please! +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

like ur idea +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I did exactly same suggestion long ago.
    And I like this idea.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I like the idea of re-egging with a fee over 1m of gold and that the egg is BOUND to the account.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

pets like sns and nekro being shifted would reck havoc though....and im sure 1m wont hurt such users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    pets like sns and nekro being shifted would reck havoc though....and im sure 1m wont hurt such users
    Maybe they can charge differently depending on the rarity of the pet?

And yes, egg should be account bound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lissil View Post
    Maybe they can charge differently depending on the rarity of the pet?

And yes, egg should be account bound.
    yet again for a pet that costs 55 mil, shifting just shouldnt be allowed. People can easily exploit this.
    A player having an arcane either is too experienced to be making such mistakes( and hence shouldnt have it re-egged..also re egging is allowed if the pet hasnt been levelled so no problem for those who have accidentally opened)
    or have scammed it in someway and shouldn't be owning one anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

yet again for a pet that costs 55 mil, shifting just shouldnt be allowed. People can easily exploit this.
    A player having an arcane either is too experienced to be making such mistakes( and hence shouldnt have it re-egged..also re egging is allowed if the pet hasnt been levelled so no problem for those who have accidentally opened)
    or have scammed it in someway and shouldn't be owning one anyway.

Since it's the transfer of those OP pets that seem to be the problem, and people owning arcane should know better, they could maybe just allow this option up to legendary pets. I'm not saying I agree with this thread, I actually collect pets on my main toon only, no matter how useless the pets will be. Just giving out suggestions "if" they decide to implement it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Since it's the transfer of those OP pets that seem to be the problem, and people owning arcane should know better, they could maybe just allow this option up to legendary pets. I'm not saying I agree with this thread, I actually collect pets on my main toon only, no matter how useless the pets will be. Just giving out suggestions "if" they decide to implement it.
    what i think is they should have common stable for all pets upto legendary....unfortunately there are some legendary pets that are too rare or too Strong...example being a shade.
    Also event specific strong pets should just be that..event specific. You can of course buy it for high prices ( like dova for almost a mil) but just allowing their transfer isnt the right way to go.
    For example, you have gotten bored of your pve with lvl 41 war ...you pass it on to your pvp twink...then when wars get outdated and rogues are OP, you pass them on to that char...see the problem?
    Also this would crash the market to an extent. Almost all the hardcore gamers play accross 4-5 chars ( including twinks)...the prices of pets, especially those you have hoarded for so long will fall.
    I see you dont support it as neither do I...i can't see why anyone else does

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

what i think is they should have common stable for all pets upto legendary....unfortunately there are some legendary pets that are too rare or too Strong...example being a shade.
    Also event specific strong pets should just be that..event specific. You can of course buy it for high prices ( like dova for almost a mil) but just allowing their transfer isnt the right way to go.
    For example, you have gotten bored of your pve with lvl 41 war ...you pass it on to your pvp twink...then when wars get outdated and rogues are OP, you pass them on to that char...see the problem?
    Also this would crash the market to an extent. Almost all the hardcore gamers play accross 4-5 chars ( including twinks)...the prices of pets, especially those you have hoarded for so long will fall.
    I see you dont support it as neither do I...i can't see why anyone else does
    This is something I haven't considered yet since I don't twink. Also, those pets that I like, I buy them on each of the toons I want them on.
    I think most that does support it are those that didn't know that it will be a lame pet for their class. I don't know why. Maybe they didn't have someone they know that has the pet so they could ask about it. That's a bit sad for them.

By the way, if they put a 1m gold price tag on the re-egg system (maybe even 500k), I don't think I will ever re-egg my breeze (don't have shade yet) and other good legendary pets. I would rather buy another pet than have it re-egged. After all, I would still have to level them up again.

As for mythics and arcanes, I believe that those pets are something that people think over before buying and opening. I liked sam before, so I worked for it. If I want a different pet again, I'll do the same. If it's is as easy as paying up 1m to have them re-egged, I'll probably farm less and open less locks (maybe none at all). I do acknowledge that 1m isn't small for most players and is still too much for them to pay for re-egging these eggs, but considering the price you pay and the work you put into buying it, doesn't that say you really wanted that pet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

This is something I haven't considered yet since I don't twink. Also, those pets that I like, I buy them on each of the toons I want them on.
    I think most that does support it are those that didn't know that it will be a lame pet for their class. I don't know why. Maybe they didn't have someone they know that has the pet so they could ask about it. That's a bit sad for them.

By the way, if they put a 1m gold price tag on the re-egg system (maybe even 500k), I don't think I will ever re-egg my breeze (don't have shade yet) and other good legendary pets. I would rather buy another pet than have it re-egged. After all, I would still have to level them up again.

As for mythics and arcanes, I believe that those pets are something that people think over before buying and opening. I liked sam before, so I worked for it. If I want a different pet again, I'll do the same. If it's is as easy as paying up 1m to have them re-egged, I'll probably farm less and open less locks (maybe none at all). I do acknowledge that 1m isn't small for most players and is still too much for them to pay for re-egging these eggs, but considering the price you pay and the work you put into buying it, doesn't that say you really wanted that pet?
    Yes from both our posts I can conclude the best option would be....
    ~1m for re-egging upto (not including) mythic pets
    ~mythic and arcane pets cannot be re-egged unless at lvl 1 ( meaning an accidental press). this second pont has already been implemented i believe