Thread: Please need your help/Advice. Thank u!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Please need your help/Advice. Thank u!

Hello everyone,

I'm still quite a new AL player. Played for 1 month 1 week so far. Lv 41 Rogue not with the best gears yet (still wearing a lvl 30 bad ring).

Seeking the pro-rogues here in this community for some advice please. My attached photo are my current various stats with different pets of different levels. I don't know what stats I should be focusing for a rogue other than Dex. I have a preference for Crit it reaches 40% at 1 point. But I'm not comfortable that my damage and mana is low So i made a little changes here n there and this is my current stats now.

Please if you would kindly help me look and advice me which pet i should be focusing on now - or just get a totally new one. Noting that I don't hv much gold as yet only about 500k total - of which I'm hoping to get a new ring with it too... I don't have a problem buying pets with Platinums if required but will have a problem buying with gold if they are too costly.

Name:  Which Pet2.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  136.7 KB

Scorch - I like that it adds 12% crit, 15% Speed, 20 Primary Stats and Mana & Mp regen. AA is Grants all allies with a shield to protect against damage.

Courage - Adds 8% damage, 150 health on top of 15 primary stats. AA is increase all stats, adds armor, increase crits/dodge/damage/Speed

Flap Jack - Love that 15% damage! Plus HP and MP regen. But no crits/primary stats/speed. AA is restoring Mana to me and allies

Esteban - Like that it has both damage and crit - 10% dmg, 5%crit and 10% dodge. AA is reduce enemy's damage/armor/hit chance by 10%.

Wurmtongue - Has 25 Dex and 6% crit with mana regen. AA is release Poison/chance to Critically Poison.

Or is there another Pet I should be eyeing on?

Also, my current lvl 30 ring Legend Braid of Force gives 9 STR, 36 DEX 2.46% CRIT. I'm contemplating if I should get one of the following rings :

- Blood Ruby Of Shuyal : 30 STR, 30 DEX, 30 INT, 3.6 DAMAGE
    - Arlorian Egg of Potency : 45 DEX, 23 INT, 3.0 DAMAGE (please chance on XP and luck)
    - Archon Ring of Potency : 44 DEX, 22 INT, 3.0 DAMAGE + 2.5% Damage
    - Frostbitten Ring of Grace : 21 STR, 41 DEX, 1.25% CRIT, 4.6 DAMAGE

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to your advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

What armor and weapons are you using? Icescale or Frigid Potency armours are relatively cheap and some of the best (excluding mythic and Imbued/Dark Crystal armours) which you can get armour and helm for well under 100k, Magmatic Daggers of Brutality and Expedition Bow of Potency or Brutality are like 10k and 500g respectively and give decent damage for their price. Emberglow rings Dex type are cheap as (under 1000g) and will be a vast improvement on your current ring.

On pets, they make good investments as they lvl with you. If you have plat you may as well get the new mythic pet Lemon and Lime, otherwise Blinky or Gyrm are great rogue pets (350-420k). There is an expansion coming up so if money is an issue you can either hold off until expansion hit before investing (as prices are likely to drop) or gear up as much as possible to farm the new maps for things to sell.

If you're a plat buyer, a common way of making money is to buy ankhs and respec kits and re-sell in acution. Pet crates can offer good returns too.

All the best!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Also, Crawly is a respectable pet, with a good AA for PVE. Spider crates are coming next week so Crawly prices will plummet, wait til then to acquire one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I recommend blinky. I am not sure with the new mythic pet yet.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    What armor and weapons are you using? Icescale or Frigid Potency armours are relatively cheap and some of the best (excluding mythic and Imbued/Dark Crystal armours) which you can get armour and helm for well under 100k, Magmatic Daggers of Brutality and Expedition Bow of Potency or Brutality are like 10k and 500g respectively and give decent damage for their price. Emberglow rings Dex type are cheap as (under 1000g) and will be a vast improvement on your current ring.

On pets, they make good investments as they lvl with you. If you have plat you may as well get the new mythic pet Lemon and Lime, otherwise Blinky or Gyrm are great rogue pets (350-420k). There is an expansion coming up so if money is an issue you can either hold off until expansion hit before investing (as prices are likely to drop) or gear up as much as possible to farm the new maps for things to sell.

If you're a plat buyer, a common way of making money is to buy ankhs and respec kits and re-sell in acution. Pet crates can offer good returns too.

All the best!
    I'm currently using the following gears :

Weapon - Expedition Recurve of Potency Lv 41 and Magmatic Blades of Tactics Lv 40
    Helmet - Planar Gladiator Mask of Brutality, Lv 40
    Armor - Conquistador's Doublet of Potency Lv 41
    Ring - Legend Braid of Force Lv 30
    Amulet - Mystic Necklace of Potency Lv 40

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

What's your IGN? I've got a couple things you can have that might help. Nothing too fancy but an improvement in the meantime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Oh and my mana sucks, I just use pots. The experts may not agree but I reckon mana is not soo important because you can use pots for that. You can't use pots for damage and whilst you can use pots for health, you won't die if you run out of mana, unlike health.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

ign is Eeely . Thanks!

Is crit or damage more important?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Welll damage is what your skills attacks is based on (aimed shot, noxious bolt etc) but crit is the likelihood you'll get a massive burst of damage. So they're both pretty important, sorry lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    591 Posts

If you click on my sig you'll be directed to my guild's official thread. If you scroll down, the first reply is a build, gear and pet guide we wrote for our guildmates. Maybe you can find it useful.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Thank u so much Ilahanna! That guide is really helpful!