Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About pets and hard-workers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default About pets and hard-workers

As a non-plat user myself, i have seen that after some significant work in merching and farming, i have no good pets available to me without paying out a huge chunck of money.
    With almost all the myth/ arcane pets from locks and direct plat buy, i have a different idea to reward the hardworkers

Why not have a huge quest ( and by that i do mean huge questline) to obtain an untradeable mythic pet.
    Just an example i thought over on my ride home.

A new npc in tindirin bearing a message
    " Thank you hero for your help in saving arlor from those savage creatures yet again. Following your conquests, I have found a dragonstone. Yet it is dead, a fossil.
    As an expert in draconic species i would condemn it dead yet no one can deny the sudden heat it emanates when you approach closer.
    Do you think this could mean something? Hax/Hox ( those seer guys) tell me part of the secret lies in the arena of heroes."

Then every arena run drops charred scales, we will need like 80-100.
    Back to NPC
    " this is nothing like i have seen before, the scales on this egg were stone, yet they seem to meld into the egg , it almost seems alive now"
    to seer hox/hax
    "my friend has told me about these queer occurences. the planar regions have always held strong magic whose origin is known to none, mayhaps they came from dragons of old. Keep investigation
    New quest=> defeat ashral heart and elite inhan for letters
    back to hox/hax
    " this language is queer. It tells of a legend old, when dragons roamed the dusty lands of arlor. For this you need to talk to the oldest creature of this land; over mortal enemy Taurus the Hammer. Beware he measures strength with courage.
    Defeat the guy 'x' number of times to earn his favour. He will pass on a shard.
    back to NPC
    "this shard is like no other. What a fool i have been, this is a claw ; a victory loot of taurus. Yet he has never come near arlor, we will need more signs.
    quest=> defeat A,B,C,D elite bosses for more remanants.
    NPC
    "I had feared the worst. The alchemist asks for you, and not kindly. Be careful"
    Alchemist
    quest-you will need x,y,z "looted" pets before he talks to you
    " I see you are capable. I shall craft you a companion like no other, and breathe life into it. Yet i need one final thing from you. No it is not another rare item, just the usual barter, gold" (200k i think)
    crafted...voila! new mythic pet ( probably recoloured pet)

I do not know why i put so much thought into an example, i think i have to much free time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    As a non-plat user myself, i have seen that after some significant work in merching and farming, i have no good pets available to me without paying out a huge chunck of money.
    With almost all the myth/ arcane pets from locks and direct plat buy, i have a different idea to reward the hardworkers

Why not have a huge quest ( and by that i do mean huge questline) to obtain an untradeable mythic pet.
    Just an example i thought over on my ride home.

A new npc in tindirin bearing a message
    " Thank you hero for your help in saving arlor from those savage creatures yet again. Following your conquests, I have found a dragonstone. Yet it is dead, a fossil.
    As an expert in draconic species i would condemn it dead yet no one can deny the sudden heat it emanates when you approach closer.
    Do you think this could mean something? Hax/Hox ( those seer guys) tell me part of the secret lies in the arena of heroes."

Then every arena run drops charred scales, we will need like 80-100.
    Back to NPC
    " this is nothing like i have seen before, the scales on this egg were stone, yet they seem to meld into the egg , it almost seems alive now"
    to seer hox/hax
    "my friend has told me about these queer occurences. the planar regions have always held strong magic whose origin is known to none, mayhaps they came from dragons of old. Keep investigation
    New quest=> defeat ashral heart and elite inhan for letters
    back to hox/hax
    " this language is queer. It tells of a legend old, when dragons roamed the dusty lands of arlor. For this you need to talk to the oldest creature of this land; over mortal enemy Taurus the Hammer. Beware he measures strength with courage.
    Defeat the guy 'x' number of times to earn his favour. He will pass on a shard.
    back to NPC
    "this shard is like no other. What a fool i have been, this is a claw ; a victory loot of taurus. Yet he has never come near arlor, we will need more signs.
    quest=> defeat A,B,C,D elite bosses for more remanants.
    NPC
    "I had feared the worst. The alchemist asks for you, and not kindly. Be careful"
    Alchemist
    quest-you will need x,y,z "looted" pets before he talks to you
    " I see you are capable. I shall craft you a companion like no other, and breathe life into it. Yet i need one final thing from you. No it is not another rare item, just the usual barter, gold" (200k i think)
    crafted...voila! new mythic pet ( probably recoloured pet)

I do not know why i put so much thought into an example, i think i have to much free time
    Nice idea hope it works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

I believe sts did once..grimm.
    Available for tokens which is farmable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

* a small correction for those who might actaully take time to reaf that mammoth post
    " come near tindirin"
    " recoloured whelp pet( like singe/scorch)
    "our mortal enemy"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

What I love about your idea is that the hypothetical really long quest plays out like a story where you are uncovering a little more of the mystery each time you complete one of the quests, so rather than having it just all laid out at the start as a list of ingredients, completing each quest gives you the next piece of the jigsaw to go away and solve.

Whatever the reward at the end of it, a quest like this sounds like genuine fun to play!! ^_^

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

+1 to this i like the idea of having a huge questline giving out something usefull not only ap's 5k gold and a (useless) amulett...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Not huge, can finish in 2 days. How bout give the 3 or 4 weeks for the last step? Lol

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Great idea man,you got it right Listen up STG!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Great idea +1 stg read and listen to this

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Great ideas very well thought out. Perhaps the new expansion could include such a quest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Not huge, can finish in 2 days. How bout give the 3 or 4 weeks for the last step? Lol
    well we could have something like only 5 of those scales from arena can drop in 1 day..so 80 arena runs automatically means atleast 16 days of daily runs.
    such a quest will also bring the bored folk of AL back to gaming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    Great ideas very well thought out. Perhaps the new expansion could include such a quest!
    i hope so, all the recent events are tailormade for plat spenders, and even those that arent barely have a good reward.
    I get that this is how STS earns but if they started to take care of their non-plat players, we might be ready to shell out some money later
    (almost everything important in the game is only from locks, more than running maps this game has become more about popping locks)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Give us untradeable, crafted, myth version of nekro and arcane ring plsss

IGN: Vrao/Bjzg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    As a non-plat user myself, ...
    Thread: A Letter for Non-Plat Players

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisaetoshawker View Post

Introduction
    This is a thread for everyone.(updated)
    Many players who don't spend real money complain that it's hard to be rich without spending lots of plats.
    Many players do spend real money on plats but still can't be rich and say that it is only about luck.
    However, it is not true. It is possible to be rich, you just need to know how and make efforts on it.
    Ok, let's begin!!

As long as you're online, you can...

1)Level up:
    It is important to reach the present level cap because it is easier and faster for you to kill mobs and bosses.
    The faster you kill, the more money you get
    Unbelievable guide by Serancha: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-Kraag-Tomb-4

2)Do Daily quests:
    There are lots of daily quests that give little cash after you complete it.
    Rewards with around (or more than) 500g is worth to do.
    The following two quests are special quests...
    a)Wandering Minstrel:
    This special quest found in tavern gives special tokens which can be used to buy character slots, inventory and many other things.
    b)Olde Yodeler
    It is a great quest for those who are still leveling up.
    This awesome quest located at stronghold gives 300 exp by killing 200 spiders/wolves.
    For more: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ing-Gold-Daily

3)Meet Allies (klass and shazbot):
    They give you elixirs/potions/eggs every 8 hours for klass and 24 hours for shazbot.
    Make use of the items you get!
    See this thread for more: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-Are-They-For

4)Hunt locked:
    This might be the most common way to be rich, but it is a little tedious...
    Whenever you get a luck elixir from allies, run km3/brackenridge like crazy!
    With the release of elixir kit, you can get luck by buying then opening luck kit.
    You can easily sell locked via auction...
    Km3 guide for mage: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...m3-(As-a-mage)

5)Merchantandise:
    Coming soon with a new thread...

After reaching the level cap (or one level before the cap(not advisable)), you can also...

1)Do hauntlet:
    Located at kragg, giving one hauntlet coin every run.
    No level requirement, but much easier and faster to do it at the present level cap.
    With hauntlet coins you can buy special eggs and sell them.

2)Do Arena:
    Rouge is the best class to do this, but the others can join rouges to help them.
    As same as hauntlet, no level requirement, but easier and faster to do it at the present level cap.
    A nice place ,again, located at kragg to hunt elite golden puzzlebox.
    An incredible guide by twoc : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...rena-ap-guide!
    Plus, new arena is coming soon

3)Do Elite:
    As you reach the level cap, you can do elite.
    It is harder than normal maps, so you need better gear to do this.
    Eggs, weapons, gear and dragkin teeth(elite tindirin only) can be looted.
    Elite items are better, therefore, more expensive.
    An awesome guide by Ishtmeet: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Elite-Tindrin!!!
    For eggs see where they loot here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Loot-Locations

Save your money!!
    After doing things listed above, you should have some money now.
    No? Wait...have you ever feel like you're making money but also wasting money at the same time?
    If income<outcome then you are doing it wrong!!
    Here are the ways you can save money...

1)Do not feed your pets:
    Pets become unhappy and need to be fed approximately every 15m.
    (As an end game player)If you keep playing using one pet, you spend around 1k every 15m.
    You are spending more and faster than your income!
    To solve this problem, always put your pet in stable as long as you're not using it.
    And if your pet becomes unhappy, use other pets instead and let it restore its happiness.
    For more: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ide-Pet-system

2)Buy potions from guild hall:
    You need potions as long as you are playing in a map, whether health or mana.
    You can't refuse to buy any since doing this will make you earn money slower.
    But good news is, there are cheaper potions in guild hall. Go and get it!
    Always buy potions from guild hall to save money.
    IMO, it is better to buy as many as possible once since you don't know when you will consume them all.

Conclusion
    This game isn't just about luck, you can be rich as well if you work hard.
    Luck isn't something comes to you but something you need to earn
    You just need to be patient, keep farming, merch and have fun
    Happy gaming

P.S. this thread will be constantly updated!
    Haven't finished everything...yet
    Please visit this page constantly for more updated information.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Plat-Players

Plat users pay plat to hit heights quicker. Making a such quest will only make them stronger and spend less plats. A free Nekro for completing a quest! They already did that kind of quest and it was for starters being rewarded Barney. There are many ways to make money and it will sure take a lot of time. The more you spend on your gear, the easier it becomes to get rich. Elites are empty, farm them! You have the choice to sell Elite Golden Chests or to open them. Your choice to gamble them. Mythic is something big! they are already giving free legendary pets that are actually BETTER then some mythics during big events (Ursoth Assault, Goblin Invasion, Necropolis and Tarlok event): DovaBear, Gyrm, Blinky, Yowie. Dovabear, blinky and Yowie can be obtained for reaching Gold tier!, Gyrm is looted like many other pets!

Good luck with all this. Sorry for letting you down, but there are many ways to become rich, make sure you don't miss the train... As a new player, I unofficially started playing 3months ago. I started with 50k at lvl22, now I have a total wealth of 5m+ not counting pets in my stable and the stuff I gave away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

+1
    If the untradeable mythic pet is not bad

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome hope they consider it Would be great having untreatable awesome pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Thread: A Letter for Non-Plat Players

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...n-Plat-Players

Plat users pay plat to hit heights quicker. Making a such quest will only make them stronger and spend less plats. A free Nekro for completing a quest! They already did that kind of quest and it was for starters being rewarded Barney. There are many ways to make money and it will sure take a lot of time. The more you spend on your gear, the easier it becomes to get rich. Elites are empty, farm them! You have the choice to sell Elite Golden Chests or to open them. Your choice to gamble them. Mythic is something big! they are already giving free legendary pets that are actually BETTER then some mythics during big events (Ursoth Assault, Goblin Invasion, Necropolis and Tarlok event): DovaBear, Gyrm, Blinky, Yowie. Dovabear, blinky and Yowie can be obtained for reaching Gold tier!, Gyrm is looted like many other pets!

Good luck with all this. Sorry for letting you down, but there are many ways to become rich, make sure you don't miss the train... As a new player, I unofficially started playing 3months ago. I started with 50k at lvl22, now I have a total wealth of 5m+ not counting pets in my stable and the stuff I gave away.
    number of things to point out.
    I have never mentioned anywhere that its impossible to earn gold. I myself have mythic gear and around 5m for now just from merching
    Also, an untradeable mythic pet will obviously not be as OP as a nekro, nor as rare, nor "tradeable", so i see no decrease in plats
    This is obviously not just for poor gamers to become rich, nor for just the non-plat players.
    I dont know if you failed to notice, but 100 runs of both arena and planar as well as the elites i mentioned are not an easy thing to do.
    This will rekindle a lot of interest in elites and the rest for a cheap price( just an addition of few quests and a recoloured pet)
    Believe it or not, the non-plat part was an afterthought, my entire idea behind this was to make an interestinf plot line for "all" players to enjoy now that the season is ending as its tough to continue playing nowadays ( hence, the "you have achieved victory" part of the NPC )
    Also, this point you cannot refute. This game has now become more about lock-popping than actual running. Almost everything we need, from endgame gear to pet can be obtained from locks.
    It is "not" about earning gold dragoon, i am an example of how easy it can be if you stick to proper farming; it is about having something fun for everyone, especially non-plat guys ( believe me merching and mindless lock/elite farming is a bore.
    Lastly, while i have always appreciated your posts on forums and respected you as a fellow forumer, i believe you are completely wrong here and strongly believe that you haven't read my post properly; else i cant fathom how only the non-plat part was high-lighted by you.
    Sorry if this post offends you in anyway; i had a more points to add, but i am short of time( sorry for any typos i might have made, no time to recheck)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

I did read the whole post, the reply. I am rethinking it and yes you're right in some points. The one problem about AL is that the game type and content limit the quest making. The only things we get is to kill x amount of that and collect y amount of that, or find an NPC/area. From a Runescape player perspective, AL quests are nothing... absolutely nothing. Those are not quests, those are slaying tasks. We get no puzzles or stories get involved in. The quests are limited to the campain. They are either long for nothing or too quickly completed. There is no diversity about with quests.

I'll write a thread about major changes that should happen to AL soon...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragoonclaws For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    I did read the whole post, the reply. I am rethinking it and yes you're right in some points. The one problem about AL is that the game type and content limit the quest making. The only things we get is to kill x amount of that and collect y amount of that, or find an NPC/area. From a Runescape player perspective, AL quests are nothing... absolutely nothing. Those are not quests, those are slaying tasks. We get no puzzles or stories get involved in. The quests are limited to the campain. They are either long for nothing or too quickly completed. There is no diversity about with quests.

I'll write a thread about major changes that should happen to AL soon...
    yes, i guess an mmorpg in mobile doesnt have that kind of versatality.
    Also i have read this somewhere( could be false) that newer and different content rises the ping and hence sts is creating recoloured stuff since ping is still crazy as hell ( again could be wrong)
    If that is so, then we have to stick to the old stuff.
    However there isn't a quest yet that ties in the tombs, arena and elites together.

Also most sts quests don't have too much thought into it ( not blaming them or anything). This example was made as i wrote it, just giving an idea that if you can't improve the gameplay, you can always concentrate on the storyline ( which is ALs weak point).
    And the quest ending was a pet because of twofold reason. One being pets are the most sought after and the only stuff that wont result in a market crash , since the quest doesnt require any plat or stuff. Other being our topic of debate, a kind of reward for hardwork, especially for non-plat player.
    My bad then if you did read, hopefully the point came across better now.

My imagination tends to run wild too much, i already have a dozen more ideas which i shall share in due time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is a good idea for 3 reasons.

1. The idea isn't new to sts. This was seen during the L71 and L76 cap in pocket legends, where players who had capped could start a new quest line to obtain a specail vanity.

2. The pet would be non-tradeable so it wouldnt affect the economy drastically. Plus the pet wont be op so big plat spenders would continue to open locks in search for arcanes as it wouldn't really meet thier requirement.

3. This will reignite the spark in al. Give players an incentive to work towards.

However sts does these events where u can reach a gold tier to obtain a good powerful pet. Unfortunately I wasn't present at any one of them but regaurdless of that. This was a good addition to pl, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't implement it in al.