Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Stash and CS only for lvl 5+ now?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    It might not be clear from my post but that's the underlying suggestion. Locking PvP rooms until the player has a basic understanding of how to play (level 10 or 15 even). Similar to how elite dungeons' level restriction works.
    PvP isnt same with PvE, we can reach level 15 in a hour and when enter ctf/tdm at that time 100% farmed. Basic understanding of how to play pvp come when ppl cap to 41 and bored with PvE so they start PvP. Almost all twink have end game char.

The reason why sts wanna limit lv 5 is bcoz they wont any leecher in game to open traveler outpost. I hate leecher, dont u?

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I solo'd my way to Outpost. How was that leeching?

Star light, star bright...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Atomwiz View Post
    These should not be the solution IMO, it will become enhancing the old and killing the new players and eventually ...

Here are my reasons why:

1. Existing players most likely already have more than one character in their account.

2. As long as that particular character/s don't level up and keep playing PVP, it's not the solution.

3. That particular character/s will most likely be already in Top Gears (and will never need to re-gear anymore).

4. Newbies and dummies will still enter PVP.

5. The warning period will be the time of panic sell items, and this will be a good time to buy low level stuffs and start enhancing your "KDR" till you find it attractive.

6. The higher the level restriction for CS and Stash, the market values of those in range will be greatly affected.

Just sharing my thought, eventually I may not be here anymore.

We play game to have fun, and in MMO, we also make friends.
    It might not be clear from my post but that's the underlying suggestion. Locking PvP rooms until the player has a basic understanding of how to play (level 10 or 15 even). Similar to how elite dungeons' level restriction works.
    Locking up PVP rooms and locking up Consignment Store and Stash are two very different things, which will have very different outcome too.

Cannot imagine if you'll lock up all.

STS, please consider wisely.

Acba, Level 41 Warrior - Guild Master @ Exclusive Limited Edition
    Actfast, Level 41 Rogue - Officer @ University Of Kraag
    Shazbolt, Level 41 Sorcerer - Officer @ University Of Kraag

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shazbolt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbolt View Post
    Locking up PVP rooms and locking up Consignment Store and Stash are two very different things, which will have very different outcome too.

CS and stash lock will prevent the existing newb farmers from getting the next best set from event since there's no trade (unless you open the locks yourself).

Most importantly though, locking up PvP rooms will be a definite move towards extinguishing dummy farming. It doesn't have to be a level requirement, it can be a PvE kills requirement like 10k. Anyone with that many kills is very likely to at least understand what skills do and how to combo them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

CS and stash lock will prevent the existing newb farmers from getting the next best set from event since there's no trade (unless you open the locks yourself).

Most importantly though, locking up PvP rooms will be a definite move towards extinguishing dummy farming. It doesn't have to be a level requirement, it can be a PvE kills requirement like 10k. Anyone with that many kills is very likely to at least understand what skills do and how to combo them.
    You may have missed the 3rd reason of Atomwiz, existing newbies' farmers won't need the next best set of gears against Green & Trash Geared "newbies" as you've mentioned. While PVE newbies upon reaching outpost will definitely be better off to be able to upgrade their gears before they venture into tombs or Ydra. They will need golds for pots too if Klaas or Shazbot wasn't kind enough.

As Axesam has mentioned, 1 hour or more, you maybe able reach level 15 as an example, so at which level will it be feasible to enable CS and Stash ?

IMHO, it will bring Arlor into greater depression, economy will be really horrible.
    Last edited by Shazbolt; 04-20-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Acba, Level 41 Warrior - Guild Master @ Exclusive Limited Edition
    Actfast, Level 41 Rogue - Officer @ University Of Kraag
    Shazbolt, Level 41 Sorcerer - Officer @ University Of Kraag

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shazbolt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

They'll be forced to level up while getting the 10k PvE kills requirement. So they will have to upgrade their sets or keep 5-6 levels back outdated ones. Twinks have barely any effect on the economy, there's no argument there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

the one who ruined AL economy is Plat Farmer

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Please STS, there has to be another solution than locking CS and Stash.
    Dont ruin low level PvP.
    We know, something has to be changed, but not that way.
    Me and a few other Lvl 3 Twinks decided to stay Lvl 3 forever, no matter what will come.
    Please let us still have fun here. I don't want to leave this game.
    - Allows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by productor View Post
    Hello Folks,
    Thanks for all the constructive feedback in this thread. That said, let's all remember to keep this conversation constructive so that we can have a productive outcome. Threats and speculation with the sole purpose of inciting the thread are not a constructive form of feedback.

While this was a planned update, ...

We're concerned that the availability of the stash, consignment shop and pvp at the lowest levels may not provide the best overall experience for players. We will be looking at ways to solve those issues; however, we'll do our best to inform folks beforehand in an effort of transparency and good communication.

As always, I invite you to continue the conversation.

Much Obliged,
    Adrian "Productor" Glover
    Constructive feedback seeks appropriate action for the best overall experience for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    And I don't even dummy farm.

I really just like low levels once in awhile: Sometimes to check out the play; sometimes just to hide out. I am also constantly amused when I hang out as a level 1-4, that I cannot Trade or be Given items or Give items away. I suppose my sense of humor is strange.

As for discussion: I do not even pvp. I just enjoy playing toons at every level and using them as farmers and game checkers to see how a low level experiences the game and events. I often find the low level experience quite entertaining and adds another dimension to the game.

I even periodically start new characters just to check out the tutorial.
    You and many others including me, do enjoy these levels of gaming, your sense of humor is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Almost all twink have end game char.
    Yeah, almost all twinks have end game characters, so what are those "PVE killed" or "Level requirements" for PVP can benefit the majority of players ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbolt View Post

STS, PLEASE CONSIDER OR "PLAN" WISELY.

IGN: Kopikao, Level 41 Rogue, Officer @ University Of Kraag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I applaud the intent here STS, but as others have mentioned, this won't stop any of the existing kill farmers from carrying on doing what they do.. it will just mean that no new players can ever compete with them. Not sure what the solution is there

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

You are talking about no new players won't ever be able to compete, no new player will be able to compete either way because they won't have the gold for the price of the low lvl items, the best low lvl items cost more than decent lvl 41 items. The only reason people make twinks is because they have no skill at lvl 41 so they make a low lvl toon just to bully and farm new players. The last mmo I ever played you had to reach at least lvl 20 just to PvP. What would fix low lvl PvP is if the gears could only get normal gemed. Non of this para nonsense.

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

To my understanding from further contact with STS, the main issue they're trying to fix is not PvP-related in any way. So there's that.

That doesn't change the fact that PvP was never meant to be played in such low levels and it should have a level or stats requirement close to the level it was implemented (20-21). Anyone who PvP's below L10 is staying there not for the fun of having challenging opponents but for the "fun" of killing a never-ending flow of newbs in no armor with no clue what button does what. Yes, endgame is not affordable by everyone but there are many more cheaper brackets from L20 to L36. This is ultimately about egos and shiny KDR's in town. I'd be ashamed to even show up in this thread complaining and if I were you. There's nothing wrong with hanging out at low levels in towns but PvP is a different story and there's no argument there as to why restrictions shouldn't be implemented there to benefit the general health of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

To my understanding from further contact with STS, the main issue they're trying to fix is not PvP-related in any way. So there's that.
    I'm trying but can't for the life of me work out what their goal is if not to address kill farming- care to enlighten me, or is it a secret?