Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free 5 ankhs for every elite run

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Default Free 5 ankhs for every elite run

Dear STS,

I think we should have this system, everytime you enter an elte you get 5 free ankhs added to your satchel, when you leave that elite those 5 ankhs get removed (unless they were all used). Example: If I used 2 of the free ankhs then I left the elite, 3 ankhs would be removed from my satchel.

I think this is a good idea because alot of level 41s out there love to run elites and want to run elites but they just cant because they cant afford ankhs! Its very rarely you even get ankhs from klaas and shazbot on level 41 toons. Implementing this will give them a real chance to farm and actually make gold so they can buy better gear, ankhs and pets. There will be alot more elite runners out there and I personally feel that the end game elite community will become alot larger. Alot of players give up on this game because they can't farm anything worth while, because they just can't afford ankhs, this will change that.

-Instinctive

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

It really seems that the rate of getting ankhs from shazbot and klaas is much higher on lower level toons. I have 2 level 16 ones, which I mostly use as item mules. They however receive ankhs from Klaas literally every other time, whereas my main and my lvl 41 mage haven't received any in weeks. At the beginning I thought it were a strange coincidence, but after it happening consistently for several months I am sure it could not be one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yup, what jazzi said. I've got a level 23 pack mule and it's got over 235 ankhs from klaas every single time in a row lol I think some mobs or bosses should just drop them like during the love craft event maybe?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

With all respect it is a bad idea :/ why? If you say 5 ankhs for every elite run then You can do 12 elites breckenrigde, imagine STS need money lol. I believe your idea is good if the elite is Nord-Suyal or Tindirin.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I can confirm that.
    Im lvl 3 and have earned over 150 ankhs from shazbot and klaas in around 2 months.
    - Allows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
    With all respect it is a bad idea :/ why? If you say 5 ankhs for every elite run then You can do 12 elites breckenrigde, imagine STS need money lol. I believe your idea is good if the elite is Nord-Suyal or Tindirin.
    I dont understand what your saying? I mean when you enter a elite map you will be given 5 ankhs, if you leave that map those ankhs will be taken away from you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Elite loot is already cheap enough. Implementing this will just make it easier to run and the market will crash even further.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Has anyone tried running elite with pug? Some runs are ok.. but most runs, some undergeared 41 will die 5+ just trying to get to boss.. nvm fighting the boss. They end up leaving before getting to the second mob :/ It's not giving us a luck bonus.. it's giving some ppl a chance to get to the second mob haha It's a good idea. If you use up the 5 anks, great.. if you don't use any.. great. Nothing lost because we aren't keeping the ankhs.

If not 5 ankhs for every run, maybe 5 daily? Just a thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanamerny View Post
    Has anyone tried running elite with pug? Some runs are ok.. but most runs, some undergeared 41 will die 5+ just trying to get to boss.. nvm fighting the boss. They end up leaving before getting to the second mob :/ It's not giving us a luck bonus.. it's giving some ppl a chance to get to the second mob haha It's a good idea. If you use up the 5 anks, great.. if you don't use any.. great. Nothing lost because we aren't keeping the ankhs.

If not 5 ankhs for every run, maybe 5 daily? Just a thought
    I can't pass throught the first mobs of Elite Caves of Tarewa...

I would suggest this:

For the lastest released Elite campain (which is Tindirin now), for killing the boss, player have:

49% chance of looting no ankh

40% chance of looting 1 ankh

10% chance of looting 5 ankh

1% chance of looting 10 ankh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I think it's a good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I really liked the mini-event where all bosses had a chance to drop 1 ankh upon death. In my opinion, that sort of thing should be implemented permanently. It gives players who don't spend platinum or have a lot of cash a chance to farm these consumable items. The ankhs would still be available through the store for platinum, so the people who don't want to spend time farming can get their instant gratification, and the people who don't mind spending a day or two farming some ankhs can get some and be more valuable to an elite farming party later on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything that makes it a little easier to keep ankh numbers up would be good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agree!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I think this idea is good and will help fix the large gap between players wealth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Love the idea, doubt the implementation.
    Ankhs are one of the constant currencies for STS, pets nd gears you can buy once and not need again for a long time; ankhs however remain a plat bought constant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Or they could just balance it to the point where ankh usage is minimal when running with a warrior yet still efficient for times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    It really seems that the rate of getting ankhs from shazbot and klaas is much higher on lower level toons. I have 2 level 16 ones, which I mostly use as item mules. They however receive ankhs from Klaas literally every other time, whereas my main and my lvl 41 mage haven't received any in weeks. At the beginning I thought it were a strange coincidence, but after it happening consistently for several months I am sure it could not be one.
    Yes sure i have lvl 5 and lvl 6 toons, i always get ankh from KnS. but non from my main

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Anks are the new norm. I think 5 free revives a run is fun and fair. Many don't run because 5 anks would cost 10k on top of pots. The one hits are way too frequent. Not even worth farming elites as loot can't cover cost to run. We have some very well known players that have quit recently die to this new system.

And yes, my twinks have over 400 anks from shaz and kaaz which they don't need. My endgame keeps getting XP and other lix

Adding 5 free revives/anks that you can't take with you would encourage elites quite a bit. As of now, average players just can't sustain elites. The one hits, vine blockers, and random falling rocks makes elites impossible to not die even for those with a ring and ammy + a strong tank.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-21-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Anks are the new norm. I think 5 free revives a run is fun and fair. Many don't run because 5 anks would cost 10k on top of pots. The one hits are way too frequent. Not even worth farming elites as loot can't cover cost to run. We have some very well known players that have quit recently die to this new system.

And yes, my twinks have over 400 anks from shaz and kaaz which they don't need. My endgame keeps getting XP and other lix
    If you run with the right people and know what your doing, PT3 only takes 1-3 ankhs and arena all depends on arena effect and boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    If you run with the right people and know what your doing, PT3 only takes 1-3 ankhs and arena all depends on arena effect and boss.
    Very true, I'm not saying I or my guild has any issues, but the average player won't have such a strong team and knowhow. They end up quitting altogether. A legendary team of rogues won't be able to kill the arena boss before he enrages in 60 seconds. After that, it would be a series of ank burns or worse, revive for free.

Currently there are more average players farming for locked and low level elites for eggs because those are guaranteed positive gold earners. The newest elite content is a little too much for them so they avoid it. This shouldn't be the case in a mobile MMO and would eventually lead many to quit. Any encouragement to get people to run the latest content aside from events is a positive change that needs to be done.

Kalizzaa had always been a huge supporter in being able to play the game with skills and gold opportunities at the endgame elite level with farmed legendary pets and gear. I too always support this and the one hits are a little too much for average players. Change needs to happen or else might as well call it Arcane Geared only legends!

Free 5 revives every elite map that can't be added to you inventory when you leave a map is a brilliant idea and I fully support this.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-21-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!