Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weapon Question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiitz View Post
    Awesome. I've been following this thread and these numbers are really interesting Mooger. Anyway you can also check a few lvl 55 weapons - mainly fury 1h axe vs. fury 1h sword vs. bodyguard sword?
    I know for sure Fury 1H Swords have higher skill damage than the Axes.

Against the bodyguard sword, whichever has highest weapon damage would have highest skill damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, the best way to tell pure stats to just compare effect of weapons on your skills is to unequip everything and compare/contrast how your reported skills damage changed with different weapons. Given how complex the actual damage could be from using a skill in battle, I think this way is a simple and effective way to judge a weapon based on its own stats.

My stats

Level 53 Bear. 67 Dex, 238 Strength. Im going to totally unequip everything including rings and post just raw stats.

STATS ON SKILLS DAMAGE WITH WEAPONS:
    Raw Stats- SMS(5) has 75-137dmg. Stomp(6) has 99-118. VS(1) has 36-63. CS(2) has 42-63.
    Zuraz Shock Lance(1H)- SMS of 142-205. Stomp of 166-185. VS of 102-130. CS of 102-130. [Base Dmg 130-162, 1.2 speed]
    Limbchopper of Destiny(1H)- SMS of 176-239. Stomp of 200-219. VS of 136-164. CS of 142-164. [Base Dmg 115-135, 0.9 Speed]
    Gurgox Hammer(2H)- SMS of 195-259. Stomp of 219-239. VS of 155-184. CS of 161-184. [Base Dmg 194-269, 1.4 Speed]
    Shadow Hax of Hate(1H)- SMS of 153-217. Stomp of 178-197. VS of 113-142. CS of 119-142. [Base Dmg 85-94, 0.8 Speed]
    Luminous Harpoon of Destiny(1H)- SMS of 166-229. Stomp of 190-209. VS of 126-154. CS of 132-154. [Base Dmg 110-150, 1.0 Speed]
    Plasma Axe of Rift(2H)- SMS of 165-229. Stomp of 189-209. VS of 125-154. CS of 131-154. [Base Dmg 159-239, 1.1 Speed]
    Cleaner's Gemstone Sword(1H- Lvl 53)- SMS of 177-240. Stomp of 201-220. VS of 137-165. CS of 143-165. [Base Dmg 109-116, 1.0 Speed]
    Force Cutter of Rift(1H)- SMS of 150-213. Stomp of 174-194. VS of 110-139. CS of 116-139. [Base Dmg 78-89, 0.8 Speed]
    -----
    Calculating how much a weapon contributes to skills damage will probably be dependent on base dmg and speed. This is calculated as follows (based off Physiologic's spreadsheet)
    -----
    Average Dmg Contribution to Skill of Weapon = Subtract average raw dmg of skill when unequipped from average dmg of skill when equipped.
    Percent of Weapon Dmg contributed to Skills= (Avg Dmg Contribution to Skill of Weapon)/(Average Base Dmg of Weapon)

Example:
    Unequipped Raw Dmg of SMS = 75-137
    Zuraz Shock Lance(1H)- SMS of 142-205 [Base Dmg 130-162, 1.2 speed].
    Avg Dmg Of SMS w/Lance = (142+205)/2 --> 173.5 Dmg. Average Raw dmg = (75+137)/2 --> 106 Dmg
    Avg Dmg Contribution to SMS of Lance = 173.5 minus 106 --> 67.5 dmg
    Average Base Damage of Lance --> (162+130)/2 --> 146 dmg
    Percent of Weapon Dmg contributed to SMS= (67.5 addtl skill dmg of Lance)/(146 Avg Base Dmg of Lance) ~ 46.23% of Lance Dmg to Skill Dmg.
    -----

Given this information, the following is a list of those attributes per weapon in order of increasing skill damage:
    Zuraz Shock Lance(1H)- 67.5 additional skill dmg, 46.23% weapon contribution to SMS. [Base Dmg 130-162, 1.2 speed]
    Force Cutter of Rift(1H)- 75.5 +skill dmg, 90.42% weapon contribution. [Base Dmg 78-89, 0.8 Speed]
    Shadow Hax of Hate(1H)- 79 +skill dmg, 88.27% contribution. [Base Dmg 85-94, 0.8 Speed]
    Plasma Axe of Rift(2H)- 91.0 +skill dmg, 45.73% contribution. [Base Dmg 159-239, 1.1 Speed]
    Luminous Harpoon of Destiny(1H)- 91.5 +skill dmg, 70.38% contribution. [Base Dmg 110-150, 1.0 Speed]
    Limbchopper of Destiny(1H)- 101.5 +skill dmg, 81.2% contribution. [Base Dmg 115-135, 0.9 Speed]
    Cleaner's Gemstone Sword(1H- Lvl 53)- 102.5 +skill dmg, 91.11% contribution. [Base Dmg 109-116, 1.0 Speed]
    Gurgox Hammer(2H)- 121 +skill dmg, 52.27% contribution. [Base Dmg 194-269, 1.4 Speed]
    (quick run of the numbers for other skills yields very similar results +/- 1-4%)
    -----
    By those calculations, Zuraz actually contributes the least to skills damage. The base damage is one of the highest but less than half of it goes towards skills. It'd be good for someone that focuses very little on attack skills and someone who is a pure tank (decent hit, crit, and H/s stats make it good to make sure your aggro/debuff skills hit its mark). Otherwise, it is relatively useless, at least once you get to 50. The advantage of it is that it's primarily one of the better weapons for lvls 45 to 49. When you hit 50, you have a whole new range of much better weapons. Surprisingly, a Cleaner's Gemstone Sword, despite its lower Base Damage, probably does most for your bear's skills. With its dodge, crit, strength and armor stats, it's likely to be one of the best 1H's to be a well rounded bear that can tank yet possess rather powerful skill attacks. Gurgox Hammer is meant for a pure attacking bear, most likely someone respec'ed to have max skill points in attacking/debuffing- its Str, High Hit, and Crit stats back that up. Downside is that you lose ability to use a shield and probably should be used if you have a lead Tanking bear or multiple mages to keep you alive.

The only thing worth mentioning now is that this is only pure stats. I did not equip sets that increase damage or have set bonuses. I also did not include or test out any of those gear/weapons procs or stats. Different stats may alter ACTUAL damage versus theoretical damage, such as break armor stacks, or high crit/hit, etc.. Facing an opponent with their own armor/dodge/etc, will affect how your weapon adds to your skill set. This is just on weapons I own, with raw weapon stats on an otherwise unequipped bear. Ultimately your choice in a weapon in addition to effect skills damage really depends on your goals. A weapon with very good skills damage contribution may be awesome to make a map run smooth and quick, but also may be a poor choice if your team isn't powerful enough to compliment your skills. Hope this helped!
    Last edited by braluk; 03-29-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Nice breakdown, Braluk....a little hard to follow with the formatting, but the summary section is excellent!

Elly is correct, the Fury 1H sword has more skill damage than the Fury Axe, although I sold mine and am not going to drop the cash to rebuy just to get the numbers.

I may try this for the 55 non-Fury swords, they are pretty inexpensive. The Bodyguard 1H has pretty high (for a 1H) base damage, might be interesting to see how it and the other orange/greens stack up to the Cleaner's.

I personally used the Rooter's 1H sword all the way to 56, although it has a relatively low base damage, it has a hit% boost, and as Elly and I discovered, keeping one's hit percent close to 90 or above is pretty key to landing Taunt and Beckon much more effectively, as he and I are tanks with some damage mixed in. I was able to keep my hit at 94 running Sewer Helm and Plate, Rooter's Sword (cheap) and Bodyguard Shield (cheap) and Taunt and Beckon were very effective, armor and dodge and regen were good. I could opt for higher base damage weapons, but my hit would often drop to mid 80s level and I noticed Taunt and Beckon failing/missing much more often.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Nice breakdown, Braluk....a little hard to follow with the formatting, but the summary section is excellent!

Elly is correct, the Fury 1H sword has more skill damage than the Fury Axe, although I sold mine and am not going to drop the cash to rebuy just to get the numbers.

I may try this for the 55 non-Fury swords, they are pretty inexpensive. The Bodyguard 1H has pretty high (for a 1H) base damage, might be interesting to see how it and the other orange/greens stack up to the Cleaner's.

I personally used the Rooter's 1H sword all the way to 56, although it has a relatively low base damage, it has a hit% boost, and as Elly and I discovered, keeping one's hit percent close to 90 or above is pretty key to landing Taunt and Beckon much more effectively, as he and I are tanks with some damage mixed in. I was able to keep my hit at 94 running Sewer Helm and Plate, Rooter's Sword (cheap) and Bodyguard Shield (cheap) and Taunt and Beckon were very effective, armor and dodge and regen were good. I could opt for higher base damage weapons, but my hit would often drop to mid 80s level and I noticed Taunt and Beckon failing/missing much more often.
    I've pumped my dex up to where my hit % is 95. Do you think that's enough? My plan is to start putting the rest into STR. I want to tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for the crappy formatting. Was going to color code it but then got lazy. Nevertheless, the data is there. I just got the rooters myself, but is a Gemstone Battle Axe instead of sword (didn't see any in CS for lvl 53). I use it routinely for attacking and leading my groups now. Didn't notice any huge difference in skills damage between my old cleaner's sword and current Rooters battle axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    I've pumped my dex up to where my hit % is 95. Do you think that's enough? My plan is to start putting the rest into STR. I want to tank.
    Yes, 95 hit% should be good, I was running 94 and landing Taunt and Beckon the vast majority of the time, on at least most of the mob groups; a few will dodge here and there, but that is gonna happen no matter what sometimes.

@braluk, cool. I dig the Rooter's because of the hit% and crit boost (the crit was just an added bonus).
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

should be a sticky... great post !