Thread: lvl 56 elite dungeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default lvl 56 elite dungeon

Devs spent months of hard work on this 1.7 update, and people start getting bored after one month. 1.7 is great, but just lack of some challenge. when we reach lvl56 after long time grinding, what else can we do? I'm surprised there's not any rewards for those people spent lots of hours to reach lvl56.

So here's my idea, to make a lvl56 elite dungeon which won't allow u to use health mana pots, elixers, but u can and only can loot elite lvl56 pink gears in those dungeons, low drop rate of course.

I know there's a lot of work to do to creat such a elite dungeon. But just take your time, save your best ideas in next lvl cap update, you can just simply copy the current BS dungeon and make mobs more health,armor,attack and boss more challenging. Yes,like shadow cave. But please, no 100% pink drop rate this time.

By doing this, you will finally see some hardcore players in town with awesome unique lvl56 gear(yes,it gotta be sick looking), and that doesn't affect casual players at all because they still can get their lvl55 gear in normal BS dungeon. Lvl56 gear won't have to be super overpower compared to lvl55s, just like death vs void, slightly better, but it tells you the difference, that u beat those elite dungeons and get rewarded.

And another thing i wanna mention is, the helm design in 1.7 is fail. I remember when i started this game i poped in Balefort and saw those ppl with overlord helm and kite shield of rift running around, i was like, those ppl are so sick looking! I wanna be one of them one day! Helms always attract eye balls more than anything, so pls make a sick looking helm in the future update.
    Jirouniu lvl61 wierd Bear
    Jirouniuniu lvl61 Dex Bird
    Jiroununu lvl61 dex/int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

its a bit to early for elite, BS is only 1,5 month old. i still miss a lot of equip to wich i want to loot, so i have still a lot to do.
    i dont want another dugeon with copys from the copys, better let devs some time to make something awesome.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I see some good ideas posted, indeed hours of work go into each update, not to mention the influx of small issues upon release. i personaly just reached 56 what was the hurry? If for each addition everyone rushes to the finish line, one must expect to be elated they did it, rhen think of ways to continue having fun. I personaly raised up a second account, each day with my partner I run maps with lvl 51 and below plYers, guide them on how tomuse skills, how to work as a team. So while everyone waits for an update. Teaching others in a light hearted way allows for peacful play as theze lower levels ascen the charts.

I look forward to seeing the new creative ideas that the devs create and love the creative ideas of the players
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    I see some good ideas posted, indeed hours of work go into each update, not to mention the influx of small issues upon release. i personaly just reached 56 what was the hurry? If for each addition everyone rushes to the finish line, one must expect to be elated they did it, rhen think of ways to continue having fun. I personaly raised up a second account, each day with my partner I run maps with lvl 51 and below plYers, guide them on how tomuse skills, how to work as a team. So while everyone waits for an update. Teaching others in a light hearted way allows for peacful play as theze lower levels ascen the charts.

I look forward to seeing the new creative ideas that the devs create and love the creative ideas of the players
    Agreed.

But how about making the shadow caves 50-56 so that people would actually play them too. They'd still be challenging and interesting even for us 56s, but with the kill caps and all it's not easy to round up a crew to play them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I would go lvl 55+ dundgeon- many 'elite' players arnt 56
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko View Post
    Agreed.

But how about making the shadow caves 50-56 so that people would actually play them too. They'd still be challenging and interesting even for us 56s, but with the kill caps and all it's not easy to round up a crew to play them.
    +1 I'm all for that idea.
    AL : Blewe | Corrvus | Urrsus
    PL : Anichelith | Corrvus | Urrsus | Rrhino
    Member of Average Joes and C.O.T.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I highly doubt devs would spend xx amount of manhours to dedicate a dungeon only accessible to a small subset of the total PL population. I hit 56 within 2 weeks since Sewers was released but it's still fun regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doubt it will happen. Right now i rly hope devs put a lot of time and efford into forest haven / darkforest. So new players moght get sucked in te game and continue playing. Ofc we need guilds and pvp rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I highly doubt devs would spend xx amount of manhours to dedicate a dungeon only accessible to a small subset of the total PL population.
    Probably not, but the idea is sound. And, besides, if it was worthwhile it would give more incentive to reach the Elite level (56 now, who knows what later). As it is now, I don't think everyone sees the point in going from 55 to 56 rather than raising another 50+ (which may be faster than that last level anyway).

End game content is always hard, especially if the plan is to continue to push it up in level.

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I hit 56 within 2 weeks since Sewers was released but it's still fun regardless.
    Doesn't that show that it wouldn't be a super small subset? (Though, I think you may be a bit of an exception. )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilbyrdie View Post
    Doesn't that show that it wouldn't be a super small subset? (Though, I think you may be a bit of an exception. )
    No, there are over 200 56s by now, I believe...and probably more. And a lot of those are some of the best "paying customers", so an elite 56-only (or whatever the top level is in future patches) is not a super small subset when you take those factors into account.

Whether it is worth the dev time to STS is another story, or if they have the manpower to do it with upcoming large-scale changes to PL as well as B* coming out (hopefully!) soon
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    No, there are over 200 56s by now, I believe...and probably more. And a lot of those are some of the best "paying customers", so an elite 56-only (or whatever the top level is in future patches) is not a super small subset when you take those factors into account.

Whether it is worth the dev time to STS is another story, or if they have the manpower to do it with upcoming large-scale changes to PL as well as B* coming out (hopefully!) soon
    ah but what is better:
    -a few paying customers in a customer base that a) not all will be buying this elite place and b) grows very slowly, since 56 is hard to reach
    -a huge number of people in a steadily growing base (new players to PL all the time), and though not all buy content, considering all big spenders came from somewhere, you can expect to see at least some big spenders and a number of normal spenders

besides the fact that the devs have clearly been against restricting dungeons purely by level, i just dont see a elite dungeon taking place before the devs update with more in-between content (hopefully more relevant to leveling and such than the goblin stronghold)

also, consider this... both elite areas where added with months in between, lots of other content spacing them. not only that, but the level differences are huge, from lv30 elite to lv50 elite. changing a 20 level difference to a 5 level difference just will not lend the same result, and frankly if we had elite dungeons every expansion, they wouldn't be as special or elite as they should be.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    ah but what is better:
    -a few paying customers in a customer base that a) not all will be buying this elite place and b) grows very slowly, since 56 is hard to reach
    -a huge number of people in a steadily growing base (new players to PL all the time), and though not all buy content, considering all big spenders came from somewhere, you can expect to see at least some big spenders and a number of normal spenders

besides the fact that the devs have clearly been against restricting dungeons purely by level, i just dont see a elite dungeon taking place before the devs update with more in-between content (hopefully more relevant to leveling and such than the goblin stronghold)

also, consider this... both elite areas where added with months in between, lots of other content spacing them. not only that, but the level differences are huge, from lv30 elite to lv50 elite. changing a 20 level difference to a 5 level difference just will not lend the same result, and frankly if we had elite dungeons every expansion, they wouldn't be as special or elite as they should be.
    If I was allowed to reward painks, then I would give you 30 painks for that.
    But, I, am the cupcake man, or maybe the chum bucket franchiser.
    So your choice.

5 cupcakes or 5 chum bucket franchises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

ah but what is better:

You missed my point.

I wasn't commenting on the elite level on whether it was a good idea or not, I was only commenting on the 56s not being a "super small subset" as previously mentioned, and most of the 56s have probably bought a disproportional amount of plat compared to the average player (not necessarily forum people, but compared the casual players out there). Not to mention if there was hypothetically an elite area (again, not saying it is a good idea or not), I bet a lot would buy it. May not be worth the plat income from that compared to dev time it would require in STS' eyes however....not to mention the gap between elite areas would be small compared to the gap between Frozen Nightmares and Shadows, like you pointed out.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-29-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    You missed my point.

I wasn't commenting on the elite level on whether it was a good idea or not, I was only commenting on the 56s not being a "super small subset" as previously mentioned, and most of the 56s have probably bought a disproportional amount of plat compared to the average player (not necessarily forum people, but compared the casual players out there). Not to mention if there was hypothetically an elite area (again, not saying it is a good idea or not), I bet a lot would buy it. May not be worth the plat income from that compared to dev time it would require in STS' eyes however....not to mention the gap between elite areas would be small compared to the gap between Frozen Nightmares and Shadows, like you pointed out.
    well i was answering the thread in general, and you where a handy quote

anyways, i remain by my stance that with a larger population base, you have more buyers and more plat spent. you can only buy a dungeon pack once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why'd you double post this? It divides the responses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

well i was answering the thread in general, and you where a handy quote

anyways, i remain by my stance that with a larger population base, you have more buyers and more plat spent. you can only buy a dungeon pack once.
    Fair 'nuff

And I will also stand by my stance that the 55/56 players (and to some extent all 50+) that although small in number compared to 1-49, spend a ton of plat themselves. Heck, Parth said he'd bought 2-3k alone, lol. That's a whole lot of expansions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Your idea on shadow caves is good why not send a suggestion? Shadow caves are indeed a challange, and yes even for the lvl 56 players. I believe there is a forum here to submit ideas.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    Your idea on shadow caves is good why not send a suggestion? Shadow caves are indeed a challange, and yes even for the lvl 56 players. I believe there is a forum here to submit ideas.