Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Addicted to upgrades....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Addicted to upgrades....

PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE

Yes, this is the latest epidemic across the land of Arlor.....

Once upon a time, players were allowed to upgrade their mythic armor and helm to higher level. Now some of these people are hopelessly addicted like drug fiends, and all they think about is possible future ways to upgrade their mythic and arcane items. No amount of reasoning, discussion, or distraction seems to convince them otherwise or get their minds off of the subject.

Senior Arlorian health officials have named this condition Upgraditis. If you suffer from Upgraditis, I suggest you get help immediately as the condition could be fatal if left untreated....

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

honestly, i hope we've seen the last of mythic helm and armors. I know we haven't but a man can dream...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

That's easy for some of you to say who have been playing this game for well over a year.

Not everyone who plays this game has had to look at the same gear for 2 or 3 seasons.

There are players out there who have only just obtained their expensive mythics, and the attitude of some of the older players around here seems to be 'too bad' or 'tough luck' with their legitimate concern for the fate of their gear with this new expansion. I mean c'mon I don't think you would appreciate it if someone had the same attitude if you were worried about yours if you just bought it.

So let's not act all high and mighty and ridicule people by calling it and 'itis'.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

5. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    That's easy for some of you to say who have been playing this game for well over a year.

Not everyone who plays this game has had to look at the same gear for 2 or 3 seasons.

There are players out there who have only just obtained their expensive mythics, and the attitude of some of the older players around here seems to be 'too bad' or 'tough luck' with their legitimate concern for the fate of their gear with this new expansion. I mean c'mon I don't think you would appreciate it if someone had the same attitude if you were worried about yours if you just bought it.

So let's not act all high and mighty and ridicule people by calling it and 'itis'.
    My My you read my mind??

@Energizerc do you have a cure dude? we will gladly hear it. A cure not only for the sickness but to also be able to prevent it.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-14-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

New mythic/arcane gear options:

1. Open crates
    2. Farm elite chests and open them
    3. Farm items and sell them to buy new mythics
    4. Merch and get enough money to buy new mythics
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

There is a way to upgrade to lvl 41 mythic GEARS (mwahahahaha).
    It requires about 20 million GOLDS for each item, though.

Anyone who decided to upgrade their items 4 or 5 months into a season is...well...not the best decision maker.
    The mythic helm & armor actually aren't expensive pieces of gear. They're actually VERY cheap. Yes, compared to architect items they may seem expensive, but in the reality of the big picture they are worth no where near what a mythic item should be worth. There are way too many mythic armors and helms out there--even after one of the biggest mythix gear holder had gotten banned. See mythic daggers? They are very rare to see on people and have a huge price. THAT is what a mythic item is supposed to be like. Seeing someone wearing a mythic armor AND helm should be a very rare and 'special' occasion.

Upgraditis is caused by dellusionalism. These people suffer from the belief that their lvl 36 mythic items will become weak & useless. However, they fail to realize that it'll still be better than the best legendary gear. And with the lvl 41 mythic gear to be rare and scarce, their lvl 36 mythic gear will keep them as some of the best geared players in Arlor.
    Only those who risk going past the edge will find out how far they can go.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    @Energizerc do you have a cure dude? we will gladly hear it. A cure not only for the sickness but to also be able to prevent it.
    Much like drug addiction, the solution is "Just say no!"

It was a bad idea to ever have any items be upgradable to higher level. Because of the vast amounts of boredom incurred to many end game players during this past season, many top players quit the game, far more than I have seen do so in any one season since the game came out. Fortunately some of those players are coming back now that there is a new expansion coming.

The solution is to never do it again. No gear should ever be upgradable to a higher level. This should be a one time deal. That's it.

Gear lasts for one season. If you think the best gear is too expensive to only get one season from it, then get less expensive gear. It is a decision we all have to make.

And BTW, those of you who just got mythics recently and think you paid so much for it to only get one season of use from it, you have no idea! Mythic helms were 5-8m during their first season, and mythic armors were 8-12m during their first season. So yes, those of us who paid 15-20m for the set got 2 seasons of use from them (3 seasons for the helm), and those of you who only paid 5m for the set only got one season of use.

Part of the reason why those items were so expensive during their first season was because STS announced in advance that they would both be upgradable to level 36. If no such announcement had ever been made, you can bet they would have sold for less. So it all evens out in the long run.

The game is more interesting is EVERY player always has things to work for. Once people reach a place where there is nothing more to work for, then the game becomes boring, and not just for those few players. You have players right now who have all achievements possible, and you have players who have all of the best gear and pets. That should not be possible. The best gear and pets should be so rare that nobody could possibly obtain it all, and there should be so many achievements that no one player could possibly ever get them all even if they played 24/7.

Like a horse and carrot, the game should be a constant race to a finish line that keeps moving further away. Nobody should ever get there.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 01-14-2014 at 04:47 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    652 Posts

I suggest just letting us get by with the mythics upgraded but have more powerful versions out there. Who needs mythics when you have green arlor!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i really think new equip mytic or arcane or legendary should be in drop. this finish the people ''asking'' for upgradable set. bcus i think theys are unhappy (me too) 6 month playing to get full mytic set and now (after expansion) is trash. all ur hard work to nothing. so maybe it should be drop bcus is so hard to farm hope this new expansion change that.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

If the economy didn't rely in a "dog eat dog" environment (which creates more scammers every day it seems with everybody wanting a quick coin) and there were diverse ways to get money I'm sure less people would complain. I already have mythic set on two characters and if I can't afford new gear I guess I can just twink or simply quit so I don't care much.

But with my super power called "empathy" and some observation I know there are still people who just now managed to get their mythics due to hard work and I understand their frustration perfectly "oh jeez I love this game and want to play but I just have this equipment and it took so long!"

I just hope this revised loot system helps things

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fauksuras View Post
    If the economy didn't rely in a "dog eat dog" environment (which creates more scammers every day it seems with everybody wanting a quick coin) and there were diverse ways to get money I'm sure less people would complain.
    Eliminating the mythic upgrades is exactly the solution you are looking for. It will cause new gear to actually have some decent value. The main reason Shuyal farming was awful was because half of the hardcore player base already had all their gear before the season even started, so demand for new items was very low. The way to make it easier to earn money is to make more demand for the new gear, and the only way to do that is to make it so that everyone needs new gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    bcus i think theys are unhappy (me too) 6 month playing to get full mytic set and now (after expansion) is trash. all ur hard work to nothing.
    Gear is meant to be used. If you used the gear, then your hard work is not for nothing. You have kills added to your stats page? You got some achievement points? That is why you get gear. Gear is not an investment. It is meant to be used. It is like buying a new car.... eventually after driving many miles, it will be time for a new one. You can choose to drive a cheap chevy or an expensive mercedes, but either way the car will depreciate and eventually be worth very little after you have put a ton of miles on it.

This game is about the journey, not the destination. If you only care about the destination, then you are playing the wrong game.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

That is an excellent point and I agree. I just wish any new mythic released sts could somehow help control the market prices better. Look at the new mythic weapons.

No item is overpriced as long as people are willing to pay those prices, but you know...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I completely agree. I was never happy with mythics being upgraded. I think even having mythic gear better than the top legendary gear from the next season was a bad decision by sts. I think it was in fact both a game breaking and economy breaking decision which has lead to a game in which it is difficult to earn gold without opening crates or merching.

Elite legendary drops have been near worthless for the past two seasons due to these bad decisions by sts. Before mythics and arcane gear came out, all of the top legendary elite gear was worth millions for a significant amount of time after an expansion came out, similar to the pricing of archon rings this season. In the current season, with a few exceptions including archon rings, there has been little demand for the top elite legendary gear as those with a lot of gold already had better items consisting of mythic gear from the prior season. This is a lose-lose situation for those who relied on farming for elite legendary gear. I used to farm for elite gear like crazy (probably netting over 50m from elite drops in seasons 1-3), yet I can't almost count the number of times I have had serious farming sessions for elite gear this season.

No need to acquire new gear and lack of elite farming has also led to many top players losing interest in the game. Although some old players occasionally come back to the game, you can almost count the number of top players from season one still playing the game on two hands. Unfortunately, in my eyes this game has boiled down to farming crates in k3, opening crates with plat if you are so inclined, merching and pvp (which has also lost its luster). I think that systems upgrading gear and keeping mythic and arcane gear viable for more than one season has played a large part in this.

Also, I have to agree... for those of you that felt like you spent a fortune on mythic gear only to have it surpassed by new gear and lose value, fell fortunate that you did not spend twice as much on that gear not too long ago. I can remember spending 8-9m on my mythic gun to have it soon drop in value to 3m after the mythic weapon double drop weekend. Unfortunately, it is very costly to have the top gear and you should keep this in mind when purchasing it, knowing that it will not last forever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

No upgrade plz, it takes all fun out of the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Excellent point Energizeric; couldn't agree more!

Someone sticky this or make sure devs have a chance to read this, we must let it be known!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

After reading what grimmy wrote I kind of wish no new mythics came.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I mean new and better equipment of course! But hold off new mythics for a season or so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    There is a way to upgrade to lvl 41 mythic GEARS (mwahahahaha).
    It requires about 20 million GOLDS for each item, though.

Anyone who decided to upgrade their items 4 or 5 months into a season is...well...not the best decision maker.
    The mythic helm & armor actually aren't expensive pieces of gear. They're actually VERY cheap. Yes, compared to architect items they may seem expensive, but in the reality of the big picture they are worth no where near what a mythic item should be worth. There are way too many mythic armors and helms out there--even after one of the biggest mythix gear holder had gotten banned. See mythic daggers? They are very rare to see on people and have a huge price. THAT is what a mythic item is supposed to be like. Seeing someone wearing a mythic armor AND helm should be a very rare and 'special' occasion.

Upgraditis is caused by dellusionalism. These people suffer from the belief that their lvl 36 mythic items will become weak & useless. However, they fail to realize that it'll still be better than the best legendary gear. And with the lvl 41 mythic gear to be rare and scarce, their lvl 36 mythic gear will keep them as some of the best geared players in Arlor.
    The reason the market is/was flooded with mythic armor and helm is simple STS puts them in the locked crates,
    People open those crates......ALOT of people, open ALOT of crates hence the reason why the majority of them are in game in the first place.
    Its like this the more paid players there are the more mythic and arcane items you will see.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

26. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This game is full of merchants, lol the only reason why you do not want the items to be upgradable is you want the level 41 mythical to be tradeable. Lol that is how people get easy Midas achievement here. You are well aware that it will be available on lock crates and this level 41 will cost much on the following months nah it's not about game play anymore lol because upgrading can be made a lot harder and it can be made untradeable if must. Hard for those who are old player and easier for new players to achieve good gears. Old players do not play anymore, you just play the merchant game like this and you love new items period to take advantage of it. If AL makes the gear upgreadable then AL market will be more stable, and all players will be happy not just the old players but also the new ones.
    Last edited by Meguy; 01-15-2014 at 02:21 AM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meguy For This Useful Post: