Thread: how not to be scammed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Default how not to be scammed

It has come to my attention that lot's of people are falling for scams. So i made this thread to hopefully outline how not to be scammed and to show the most common types of scams.

All scams fall under 3 types:

trade scams: making a trade where you don't get what was agreed upon. (Like getting a less expensive egg with a similar name)

Selling something that is free: a idea, number or info. (Like promo codes)

Loaning scams: giving people things as a "loan" (like giving someone gold and agreeing they will pay you back)

Common scams:

Promo codes: scamers try to sell free promo codes/the idea of a promo code. Anyone selling a promo code is 95% of the time a scamer. The other 5% is people that have fallen for this scam and are trying to sell them without knowing they are free. The only promo code in the game right now is /promo amazon.

Selling names/characters: not only are you not likely to get the name/character you bought but it is also illegal to buy/sell them it clearly states in the terms of service that you are not allowed to buy/sell names/characters in this part of the therms of service "You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. SPACETIME owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. SPACETIME does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game."

Scams in trade: be careful about item names like first and frost they look similar if you are not paying attention but if you look closer it is easy to see. Scamers also like to change money amounts 25000 looks a lot like 250000 if you are not paying attention. This is why you should always be careful in trade and read everything over before you make the trade.

Loaning items/gold: this is not a very good idea because most people will rather have you're leprechaun then you're friendship. Never consider loaning something to someone you don't trust all the way/don't know

trading more then 4 items: this is not a good idea because you never know how much of the items you are going to get. Because of this you should never even think about doing this.

opening items with plat: another common scam is when someone offers to open you're locks for you. You should never do this if you give them you're locks they have no reason to give them back. (This falls under loaning items)

I hope this helps you to not get scammed. Remember scamers will always be finding new ways so be careful in any deal/trade.

If you do end up getting scammed then just type /report <name> then it will bring you to a page where you can report the person who scammed you make sure to write a detailed account of what happened and how you were scammed.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by azagreoralu; 04-20-2015 at 08:18 AM. Reason: to put more info

2. The Following User Says Thank You to azagreoralu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I already created a rather extensive version over a year ago

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=137292

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

another one i seen heaps lately is ppl saying "trade 20 locks for lepre" but ofc you can only put 4 items in trade window so its just a way of scamming your locks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to acewasabi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

No where does it say you can't trade names what you reposted only said you can't sell, trade, or buy accounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Its easy .. Don't TRUST anyone in the game .. Unless you know him in Real Life

-All I do is Think and Blink-

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheentaro For This Useful Post:

Nor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uzibearide View Post
    another one i seen heaps lately is ppl saying "trade 20 locks for lepre" but ofc you can only put 4 items in trade window so its just a way of scamming your locks.
    Thank you for bringing that up i will add it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

Sorry i didn't see you're thread i wasn't trying to copy anyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinisland View Post
    No where does it say you can't trade names what you reposted only said you can't sell, trade, or buy accounts.
    Names/characters/accounts are all the same if the name is in use. But yes if a name is not in use then it is not illegal to use ,but buying it is on the line of breaking the terms of service
    Last edited by azagreoralu; 04-20-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Trust can be won, even in games.. i have some in game i trust, and im pretty sure they trust me, but there is loades i do not trust, lately ignore list grow faster then friends list o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azagreoralu View Post
    It has come to my attention that lot's of people are falling for scams. So i made this thread to hopefully outline how not to be scammed and to show the most common types of scams.

All scams fall under 3 types:

trade scams: making a trade where you don't get what was agreed upon. (Like getting a less expensive egg with a similar name)

Selling something that is free: a idea, number or info. (Like promo codes)

Loaning scams: giving people things as a "loan" (like giving someone gold and agreeing they will pay you back)

Common scams:

Promo codes: scamers try to sell free promo codes/the idea of a promo code. Anyone selling a promo code is 95% of the time a scamer. The other 5% is people that have fallen for this scam and are trying to sell them without knowing they are free. The only promo code in the game right now is /promo amazon.

Selling names/characters: not only are you not likely to get the name/character you bought but it is also illegal to buy/sell them it clearly states in the terms of service that you are not allowed to buy/sell names/characters in this part of the therms of service "You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. SPACETIME owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. SPACETIME does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game."

Scams in trade: be careful about item names like first and frost they look similar if you are not paying attention but if you look closer it is easy to see. Scamers also like to change money amounts 25000 looks a lot like 250000 if you are not paying attention. This is why you should always be careful in trade and read everything over before you make the trade.

Loaning items/gold: this is not a very good idea because most people will rather have you're leprechaun then you're friendship. Never consider loaning something to someone you don't trust all the way/don't know

trading more then 4 items: this is not a good idea because you never know how much of the items you are going to get. Because of this you should never even think about doing this.

opening items with plat: another common scam is when someone offers to open you're locks for you. You should never do this if you give them you're locks they have no reason to give them back. (This falls under loaning items)

I hope this helps you to not get scammed. Remember scamers will always be finding new ways so be careful in any deal/trade.

If you do end up getting scammed then just type /report <name> then it will bring you to a page where you can report the person who scammed you make sure to write a detailed account of what happened and how you were scammed.

Thank you for reading.
    I found this very useful when I started playing al I had to learn the hard way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to scarysmerf For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Solution: Be intelligent, read very good and play atention!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Here's another one to add:

A player says there's an item in auction that he really wants but can't afford. He's willing to trade you something that's, let's say, 25% more valuable for it, like a lep or something that's easy to sell.

You buy it thinking you'll be able to make some easy money. Once you buy the item, the player logs off.

What just happened?

He got you to buy something he was trying to sell, probably at an inflated price.

Overweightank

Buying names isn't a serious scam if there's a middle man. But you're on your own if you get scammed. STS will have 0% responsibility. So I recommend not to sell names unless you're okay with having a 50/50 chance of being scammed. Lol

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Some block tried the blinky/blight scam on me, like hell he is getting my lv 9 perfect dev maul for a blight egg and 2 copper chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

I see no one reads my guide anymore, lol :/

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Post a link to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Post a link to it

I already did lol........

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I already did lol........
    Didn't see my bad bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I looked at you're thread right after you posted the link lol. It is also a good thing to look at for info about scams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I fell for this one once , the shame.