Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Influence of Pet in Arcane Legends Over Time

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    One of my go-to warriors for arena is full legendary, and no I'm not talking about Imbued. He doesn't even have fancy gems in his gear, no arcane pets either. But with him my party can do 7-8min runs at 1 death per run or less, with two legendary bow rogues in party.

In contrast I've run with Bonesaw warrior who died more than me, demanded remaps whenever we got enraging obelisk, and was so slow boss had already killed one of the dps before he started tanking. I've run with Frost Bulwark warrior who ran around killing his allies with proximity ring and had to be told to heal.

In my book, a pro player doesn't necessarily have the best gear. But with them in party, a run goes more efficiently, that even the hardest challenges feel easier and more manageable.
    But you know what to do when it comes to arena. I for one don't have a clue where to start because I've prob tryed it once. I've killed one boss in my entire AL life and I soloed that one. Would really help for someone to make a video explaining how a warrior should run it without using a shed load of ankhs.

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Holmes View Post
    But you know what to do when it comes to arena. I for one don't have a clue where to start because I've prob tryed it once. I've killed one boss in my entire AL life and I soloed that one. Would really help for someone to make a video explaining how a warrior should run it without using a shed load of ankhs.

sent from fritters beak
    The tank I mentioned above had run elite with me since we were both lvl 36. I know what he is capable of, we had run low to no deaths elite many many times. Since Planar Arena and Tombs are elite content on steroid packed in claustrophobic small space, my personal advice for warriors is to run a lot of elite, practice protecting your party by getting to know what your skills/pets do, and in the process making friends with rogues and mages who, on seeing your capability, won't hesitate to join you when you ask for Arena party. If you need to be in a guild to do this, join one. Just practice running elite until pet choice, skills selection and timing of taunts become almost instinctive for you.

Then read forum guides on Arena. There are some helpful, detailed ones out there. Jirikjurasek's blog post on tanking Arena is specially written with warrior in mind, read it. That way you won't be completely clueless going into Arena.

All these still don't guarantee you random party, I know. One of the reasons I only run Arena with friends and guildmates now is because randoms are untested and ankhs are precious. So making friends with active players, joining active pve guild and doing runs with your guild mates and friends and keep learning are the only course of action I can suggest now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    What irks me the most is that when I enter into PvP, or when I enter into a timed run, what ultimately decides who wins are the pets. Skill no longer plays an integral role. This wasn't always the case, and it honestly is driving players away. I can tell you that for a fact.
    Very well stated. In pvp, Nekro being as ridiculously op as it is means the power disparity between the haves/have nots is so great that they end up not playing together. I don't stay long when the opposing team has Nekro. There's no point, why even bother playing with a Nekro opponent?

This is something STG has yet to grasp. Catering only to the extremely wealthy or overly vocal players creates a game nobody ends up playing. Where is the craftable mythic pet? Legendary? Anyone?... Is this thing even on?

Same thing with timed runs... what's the point if you always lose or always win? SNS destroyed the entire timed run competition! What motive do players have to play? It's not the lack of new content, it's lack of motivation driving players away.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    The tank I mentioned above had run elite with me since we were both lvl 36. I know what he is capable of, we had run low to no deaths elite many many times. Since Planar Arena and Tombs are elite content on steroid packed in claustrophobic small space, my personal advice for warriors is to run a lot of elite, practice protecting your party by getting to know what your skills/pets do, and in the process making friends with rogues and mages who, on seeing your capability, won't hesitate to join you when you ask for Arena party. If you need to be in a guild to do this, join one. Just practice running elite until pet choice, skills selection and timing of taunts become almost instinctive for you.

Then read forum guides on Arena. There are some helpful, detailed ones out there. Jirikjurasek's blog post on tanking Arena is specially written with warrior in mind, read it. That way you won't be completely clueless going into Arena.

All these still don't guarantee you random party, I know. One of the reasons I only run Arena with friends and guildmates now is because randoms are untested and ankhs are precious. So making friends with active players, joining active pve guild and doing runs with your guild mates and friends and keep learning are the only course of action I can suggest now.
    Yes completely agree.
    I have run with complete legendary rogues and tanks at pug and have gotten lower ankh usage and average times which is perfectly fine with me. (9-13 minutes)
    @kyle i will send u pm c:

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

necro's damage reduction should get nerfed in pvp or return rogue's their damage in pvp...damage absorbtion should stay stay...so that rogues get their damage higher n can break necro's shield early....n in next level cap damage absorption will not increase that much...so their shield will be more fragile....thus breaking necro's shield ever sooner
    hence rogue's damage nerf in pvp should be removed or necro's damaage reduction should be removed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

OMG Raw , for LAST TIME. Is SINGE POINTS no SINGE POIMTS -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    OMG Raw , for LAST TIME. Is SINGE POINTS no SINGE POIMTS -.-