Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 4 piece mythic set bonus!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Default New 4 piece mythic set bonus!

Now lets talk and discuss about this. Feel free to say what you want about it lol.

In my opinion. There's no way sts expect us to trash all our current 4 piece gears (imbued helm,Imbued armor, Arcane ring, Ancient planar pendant) to this new 4 piece mythic set which could be better or worst which come with a SET BONUS.

So I think, arcane ring will still be best and Ancient planar pendant still some what slightly better. The set bonus I believe will work something like (Cleansing Stone, Elondrian Ward, Necro-nom-nomicon and Orb of Ursume which we use during certain events to help ourselves with boss for easier killing.)

so my final saying is, don't rush to get rid of anything just yet lol, those ingredients could also be mythic item which could come from locks and if they are farmable/lootable from bosses. Think about how rare and hard it is to loot ancient planar pendant recipe. =D

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

We don't have enough information yet to make any decisions, I agree. Without having even a hint of the stats, there's no point speculating on how this will affect the game, either play-wise or economically.

As you say, we also have the unknowns as to how the necessary items are to be obtained, how rare they will be, and whether the ingredients and/or completed items will be tradable.

Ideally these items will be realistically farmable, competitive with the current max gear level (ie. current arcane ringed / imbued stats), and bring everyone back to an even playing field.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Just a small note, panic selling results in running new expansion basically naked. Keep your good gear, you will save in the end on pots, time, and ankhs your old gear will always sell one way or the other.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

If these new set are comparable then it would be awesome thus making para gem equipment still better. I just hope it isn't too big of a difference forcing players with max gears and perfectly gemmed/para to re-equip and re-gem stuff. It's not exactly something someone wanna go down the road once again.

Was rough converting from mythic to imbued and from 36 mythic to 41 mythic pendant plus blood ruby to arcane ring but at least we had PARA and EYES gem lol.

Para and Eyes gems are kind of running dry if not dried up already. So if having to re-gem all 4 pieces lol which consist of 3 slot each. I will have to say, I'm done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

My only hope is they don't put those in locks or some bs chests a la imbued. Everyone should have a chance at the new stuff with hard work and dedication.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    My only hope is they don't put those in locks or some bs chests a la imbued. Everyone should have a chance at the new stuff with hard work and dedication.
    a fixated hard earned mythic gears for example like buying eggs and recipe using Planar Shard/Dragin Tooth to purchase those ingredients?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post

The planar tomb elite chest wasn't some "bs" la imbued, it was a bold statement made by STS telling us they are listening to community. I know many players have earned a lot of gold from those maps.
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

What I am hoping for is that there is some type of step wise gradually increasing set bonus with the new mythic gear. Meaning, having all 4 items of the set will give you a "great" set bonus but having 3 pieces of the set will give you only a "decent" set bonus and 2 pieces will give you only a "minor" set bonus. Benefits with this system would be that it would not make arcane ring obsolete after only 1 season and allow a viable combination of arcane ring + 3 mythic item "decent" set bonus. This will also allow people who don't have arcane ring to go a different route and obtain all 4 items of the mythic set for a huge/great set bonus to be competitive against arcane ring users.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

ALWAYS the richest and their problems #Facepalm
    Last edited by cami; 04-24-2015 at 08:30 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cami For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    What I am hoping for is that there is some type of step wise gradually increasing set bonus with the new mythic gear. Meaning, having all 4 items of the set will give you a "great" set bonus but having 3 pieces of the set will give you only a "decent" set bonus and 2 pieces will give you only a "minor" set bonus. Benefits with this system would be that it would not make arcane ring obsolete after only 1 season and allow a viable combination of arcane ring + 3 mythic item "decent" set bonus. This will also allow people who don't have arcane ring to go a different route and obtain all 4 items of the mythic set for a huge/great set bonus to be competitive against arcane ring users.
    WOW awesome idea and well said lol. Just hope sts can keep those +4+3+2 bonus set balanced if they do choose to go down this road. Cause what if +4 set bonus stats combined is greater then a +3 set with arcane ring lol. there's no reason to even bother with arcane ring and better off going with a +4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    The planar tomb elite chest wasn't some "bs" la imbued, it was a bold statement made by STS telling us they are listening to community. I know many players have earned a lot of gold from those maps.
    To be honest, I think the new gears and items should be earned through hard work, not these random number generators we worship and bend over backwards for. So many people that barely run elites somehow got "lucky" and got good loot, while farmers are got scammed of all their ankhs and pots. But I mean this IS Sts, I'm not so surprised. Luck should play a part in things like crit or how much damage you take from a mob, not if you can be the best player or worst. This is coming from an average geared player,( no mythic bow either). I think by typing this I speak for many people, if not most.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel:2135108
    Arcane ring was 2 seasons. Level 41 cap ran double seasons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    Now lets talk and discuss about this. Feel free to say what you want about it lol.

In my opinion. There's no way sts expect us to trash all our current 4 piece gears (imbued helm,Imbued armor, Arcane ring, Ancient planar pendant) to this new 4 piece mythic set which could be better or worst which come with a SET BONUS.

So I think, arcane ring will still be best and Ancient planar pendant still some what slightly better. The set bonus I believe will work something like (Cleansing Stone, Elondrian Ward, Necro-nom-nomicon and Orb of Ursume which we use during certain events to help ourselves with boss for easier killing.)

so my final saying is, don't rush to get rid of anything just yet lol, those ingredients could also be mythic item which could come from locks and if they are farmable/lootable from bosses. Think about how rare and hard it is to loot ancient planar pendant recipe. =D
    Lol i will keep my sets if you promise not to sell yours before me.

Jk xD i dont have any :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I think that what Tatman meant is that it is practically impossible to farm the impossible to farm the imbued set by yourself. I have 1000 + runs in the tombs and I did make plenty of gold along the way, but in all those runs I have looted less than 40 chests, which would have yielded two dark crystal pieces at best and there is not guarantee those would have not been for another class. Or worst case scenario some of the useless lvl 40 ones.

So in other words: did I make enough gold to buy a imbued set? Yes. Could I have looted the ingredients myself? Most probably not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    To be honest, I think the new gears and items should be earned through hard work, not these random number generators we worship and bend over backwards for. So many people that barely run elites somehow got "lucky" and got good loot, while farmers are got scammed of all their ankhs and pots. .
    This ^
    Exactly my point!
    and arcane ring is old now. And should be outdated!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    This ^
    Exactly my point!
    and arcane ring is old now. And should be outdated!
    Arcane should not last just one season. Thats so redic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Arcane should not last just one season. Thats so redic.
    Level 41 cap was two seasons long. Its lasted a whole year its time to die is coming IMO. Best ring for a year lol I think its time to move on.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Hope the new gear tops all old gear so I could play endgame and afford it. My Opinion; kill the arcane ring and mythic pendant with better stats on the 4 piece set so we can all play endgame together. #Equal0purtunity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Level 41 cap was two seasons long. Its lasted a whole year its time to die is coming IMO. Best ring for a year lol I think its time to move on.
    Huh? Arcanes are designed to last through 3 seasons of progressed content it has nothing to do w/ the time frame between them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madxnoob View Post
    Hope the new gear tops all old gear so I could play endgame and afford it. My Opinion; kill the arcane ring and mythic pendant with better stats on the 4 piece set so we can all play endgame together. #Equal0purtunity
    What I was thinking

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS