Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In-Depth Guide to Farming Balefort Sewers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another extremely useful guide! I would recommend to advertise this in-game as well so we could have great public parties out there!

I would like to add that if the group is using the round up method, it seems better to equip a Talon + Wing gear rather that bow. In my experience after I have unloaded all my skills, the stragglers tend to hit me and in round-up scenarios they tend to be a lot stragglers, I die almost quickly when I am using the level 53 raid roach set (low dodge). The upside of using the bow is that hopefully you and your party has been able to wipeout the rounded-up mobs before the can retaliate.

Another note, for those who are very stingy potters (like myself), I found I save a lot more money using a talon + wing set that has mana and heal regen (used cyber before but now building up sentinel set) than using the raid roach recurve set (level 53 only, 0 mana regen).

Great guide!
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Very nicely done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great post. Very useful.

Also, I like the term "Rush Bait" -- I've been doing something like that, but now have a name for it and a better understanding of why it works so well.

As a fast walking mage, I find myself out front a lot. So, I started moving out front, nuking mobs away from me (fireblast) and walking back through the party so they'd get to them faster (slow pokes! ).

Turns out, I was both protecting myself (getting away from the mobs) by taking all aggro and protecting the party who could clean up, free of attacks. I had starting doing it because it helped funnel mobs closer and kept my out of range of mob archers. What I'd missed -- though obvious -- was that since I had aggro, no one else was taking damage. It's actually a pretty slick play style and can be done without the rest of the party even realizing what's going on (and might even work better if they're just blindly nuking).

I'll be using the term rush bait now. Thanks!

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilbyrdie View Post
    Great post. Very useful.

Also, I like the term "Rush Bait" -- I've been doing something like that, but now have a name for it and a better understanding of why it works so well.

As a fast walking mage, I find myself out front a lot. So, I started moving out front, nuking mobs away from me (fireblast) and walking back through the party so they'd get to them faster (slow pokes! ).

Turns out, I was both protecting myself (getting away from the mobs) by taking all aggro and protecting the party who could clean up, free of attacks. I had starting doing it because it helped funnel mobs closer and kept my out of range of mob archers. What I'd missed -- though obvious -- was that since I had aggro, no one else was taking damage. It's actually a pretty slick play style and can be done without the rest of the party even realizing what's going on (and might even work better if they're just blindly nuking).

I'll be using the term rush bait now. Thanks!
    I was inadvertently doing this for quite some time as well

I'll probably be revising this guide a lot to help PUGers get through the GCD. But it probably won't be too difficult to adjust to since the cooldown time has been reduced from 0.5 to 0.25, or whatever it currently stands at.

K/Q aggro point has been revised to noneo's tips.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is it true that.. there is a way to pull the king and queen individually post-GCD?

I got into a pug with a war bird and the way our pug beat the two is that the war bird tanked the queen in the room while I pulled the king away and just kited and healthpotted. Once he was down, we went for the queen.

EDIT: Ah I re-read the thread and noticed it has been updated! Thanks Physiologic!
    Last edited by shmoo; 04-15-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    =================================================
    In-game characters: Ishmu, Archer

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Most likely they'll patch up the K/Q aggro again since they did mention it was an exploit. But you can use the other strategies in noneo's thread as they can be as effective.

Trash Heap strategy has also been changed and guide has been updated to reflect it:

These grates cannot be destroyed, so they must be avoided throughout the entire fight. There is a hint of green gas that appears for about 4 seconds before the grate explodes, so be sure you're far away from them. Sometimes, more than one grate explodes as well so careful kiting and avoiding Trash Heap's melee hits are imperative. If the fight goes on long enough, Trash Heap starts glowing green and ALL the grates in the map spews out green gas and they all explode, so its best if you kill Trash Heap as soon as possible without too much delay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Phys if you are on tonight and want to do the correct strategy with K&Q we could do it. Having at least 1 archer is a key element in the strategy we used since he can separate the King with repulse and the queen will follow whoever got aggro first.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Thanks!

thks for all this info in one place!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Found out the hardway, in a PUG, that single bird death train is a quick way to die... all was going well, until THEY ALL turned back to finish off ONE guy, leaving me with a pile of bandits... grumble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMFG! Amazing guide physio! Just hit 50 and been meaning to farm bs but had no clue about effective ways to do it. You sir are the data compiler of the ages keep up the good work!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I love this guide! Turn to it whenever I need some cash to look at the drops.
    Recently the Bandit King dropped a Sewer Queen's Cowl and that isn't listed in the drops.
    Thanks for the great guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Good Job Buddy