Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What do you want to know about Champs?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    I'd put in Vys' posts as well, but I don't want this post to take up too much of the thread.

Edit:
    I've also gone ahead and requested a sticky for this thread to hopefully get more people to see it.
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Hey Kingfu! I will answer these questions to the best of my ability.

What's your favorite class/characters? What does a good team composition seem to be?
    1. Right now my favorite classes are mages and supports. My favorite characters are Violet, Cinder, Modus, (mages) Khalid, and Ulric (supports). I feel every team should be composed of at least one mage, one tank/support, and one assassin/fighter. The team composition problem has been addressed with a solution.

How do classes synergize?
    2. Classes have everything they need to synergize well. Balancing and defining the strengths and weaknesses of each class and champion will obviously happen as it is very early alpha.

Do your see the game as being too one-dimensional?
    3. Suggestions have been put forward to give the game more dimensions. There is great potential in the current alpha release to evolve so that it will stigmatize competitive play and fan viewing over twitch/E-Sports to an even higher degree!

I had a much lengthier explanation worked out for each of your questions, but for now this is what I felt comfortable sharing. I may ask STS if they would allow me to write a blog once or twice a week having them review every entry before publishing it.

-Vys
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Hi again KingFu!
    How does player skill factor into CoC?
    As with all games and with any MOBA, skill factors in to make apparent discrepancies between players. In most every MOBA out there it is possible to make up for a lack of skill by simple sitting aback and farming more than your opponent. Giving you a an item advantage. You then hope that this statistical advantage will help remove any noobishness that may be apparent in your gameplay.
    As you alrdy pointed out CoC has no items/gold which mean there is no farming to gain an advantage. This does mean that the game comes down much more to skillful plays and team communication/composition. While this could be viewed as problematic I do not think it should be viewed this way. The inclusion of a ranked leader board will help match you against players of the same rank. Which will hopefully result in you playing against players your same skill level.
    I know that this is not always the case in LoL and DOTA, where you will find players in bronze who are just as skilled as players in gold. Eventually though a player who is consistently more skillful than opponents should climb any ladder that is developed for CoC.

There is a focus for us as t1 alpha players to help make this game more competitive. And the lack of currency and itemization does make CoC more competitive.

Hopefully that helps,
    -Vys

Is the learning curve bad?
    Edit: Default0519 right above this post mentions that "The lack of creeps... Will reduce the learning curve significantly." I am going to refute him by saying that the mechanics that replace creeps will have a learning curve all to their own. I can see it being more complex than creeps with proper development. So stay tooned untill I can share more.
    Thanks for getting it sticky!

-Vys
    Last edited by Vystirch; 04-27-2015 at 08:19 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post: