Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

Well said, and I agree. I recently purchased the adventure's pack with perma XP and kind of regret it if the path of AL keeps going towards luck based. Golden cupid wings was a perfect example of how we should have been able to trade them in for our class as well.

I spent 250,000 gold to buy that "useless" relic that allowed me to loot the essences from arena and you know what? It was a complete waste because I didn't loot nor did I see anyone loot the recipie in over 600 runs. Those runs were not self sustaining and it drains you in gold quite substantially. Drakin teeth was a nice system in which we could trade in, but I rather have a kill counter like the daily quests of nordr in order to loot the items we're seeking the most than this luck system. Some have looted more than one recipe and that's just kicking everyone else who's down on their luck.

If the cost to run elites is greater than the loot reward, why run?
    Last edited by Kakashis; 04-28-2015 at 05:30 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I would like to see a combination of luck and work really hard:

Work really hard (farm 1500 arena kills, see an NPC, and get a recipe) in addition to the luck-based system. I have had pretty good luck with the luck-based system; I can see that when I do not have something, it's because I have not put any effort into it. I am aware though that there are players putting in a lot of effort and not getting any results.

It'd be good to see both systems in place: a token/kill/counting system to turn in for very rare items, thus rewarding effort and time, as well as getting those items through luck in chests/crates.

There are pieces of this double system in place already. It needs to be more consistent and applied throughout the game.

Star light, star bright...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Knowing STS and their hunger for money, they will probably place the ingredients for these "craftable" armors in locked crates, as they place all the good things in there. Its better to lower our expectations from STS to less than dirt, so that way when they do screw up their own game again, we won't be as disappointed. And I'm sure a mod/admin will say I'm talking down on STS. Well, no I'm not. Im just saying what is more than likely to occur in the new expansion, the gap between poor and rich gets larger, and only the "lucky few" make gold from this. 95% of players will quit this game then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    Even the Panda agrees!
    Yeezzz, the panda agrees lol

PS. Idk what Taichi Panda is. I just googled, and it's not available in my country, danggg.

Arcane Legends - hiatus-mode-ON
    |
    Pandaxxo Lvl. 76 Mage | Koalaxxo HC Rogue | Redpandaxxo / Kittyaxxo Lvl.10 Rogue |

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I very much agree with everything Candy said. Speaking as a player who finally looted the ever elusive recipe just yesterday,after nearly 1100 runs and having to had buy mine instead of farming it, the current system is far to dependent on luck. However, without the element of luck, farming would be slightly boring. What I suggest is to give players a fixed amount of currency or runs to pay to an npc for the required crafting ingredient, as well as making it a lucky drop from either bosses or arena chest, with a reasonable rarity. When I say reasonable rarity, I mean someone between the odds of looting recipe and tomb chest, but considerably closer to the rarity of tomb chest. Maybe something like the odds of looting 2 legendaries from planar tomb 3 in a single run.

Additionally, the new mythics SHOULD NOT be a must have to compete. They should be better than imbued sets of course, but the difference should not be game changing. Something along the lines of 300 health, 100-150 mana, 2-3% crit, 100-150 armor and 10-15 damage (for a rogue) would be ideal. The complete set bonus (I approximate it will be around 25 primary or something) is not included in this. DON'T REPEAT THE NEKRO FIASCO STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I very much agree with everything Candy said. Speaking as a player who finally looted the ever elusive recipe just yesterday,after nearly 1100 runs and having to had buy mine instead of farming it, the current system is far to dependent on luck. However, without the element of luck, farming would be slightly boring. What I suggest is to give players a fixed amount of currency or runs to pay to an npc for the required crafting ingredient, as well as making it a lucky drop from either bosses or arena chest, with a reasonable rarity. When I say reasonable rarity, I mean someone between the odds of looting recipe and tomb chest, but considerably closer to the rarity of tomb chest. Maybe something like the odds of looting 2 legendaries from planar tomb 3 in a single run.

Additionally, the new mythics SHOULD NOT be a must have to compete. They should be better than imbued sets of course, but the difference should not be game changing. Something along the lines of 300 health, 100-150 mana, 2-3% crit, 100-150 armor and 10-15 damage (for a rogue) would be ideal. The complete set bonus (I approximate it will be around 25 primary or something) is not included in this. DON'T REPEAT THE NEKRO FIASCO STS.
    :3 can i haz it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

It would be kinda cool to be sure that you'll loot the mytic gear... but...

When expansion will be released, we will all reach the cap level pretty quick. We will farm the new campain for some decent new legendary gear. Then STS will unlock the elite maps etc. The problem with a stable loot system is that people will farm it too easily. Let me explain myself: I can join the highest PvE guilds and we will all start farming those runs. 1000 runs right? no problem, we can easily gather a team of 4 people (since it's new expansion, a lot more people restart playing AL), and start farming it for a month, 2 months, 3 months. After 3 months, 75% of the people already own the mythic gear, and you just feel like farming it again and sell the gear... but , oh yeah, most people own it already so the value drops really low... and you're bored again (even more bored then now because you did the same map 30times a day for the past 3 months). You can start PvP but 75% of the people own the same armor, so it's all based on the weapon and the noobs with the ring and the skills and lag. Game death.

Take for example the dragonitge bar. when 2x dragkin cameout, the value of the bar drastically dropped from 2,3m to... well nobody buys it at 1,3m. I am pretty sure that the value of the bar was higher at Tindirin release.

If there is no luck in this, the game will end too quickly. I don't know if the ingredients or the full armor parts will be found in locked crates, but I believe that farming must have a higher success rate then locked. In other words, if the ingredients drop in locked and Elite goldens, then the Elite golden chests will have a higher drop rate then the locked (2-3x more). This way, STS gets their profits from Locked crates gambling (because there are other stuff then mythic gear), and the farmers get their gear from their hard work. Remember that there is not only mythic gear in the Elite chests, but also good legendaries so it's a very good deal.

Don't consider me against you. I just wanted to bring something good to the discussion. We're not trying to prove to STS that you're right, we're trying to find what's the right thing to do.

much love,
    Dragoon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Excelent thread +Candy I hope STS read and respond soon.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I agree on the points you make, Candy. I would also like to see the ingredients tradeable. This way even before getting the items, farmers are already making profit. This has been done before during Valentine's and Egg Hunt events.

By all means make it possible to buy key ingredients with farmable essences/tokens. If it's the fossil/shard/recipe all over again it will quickly kill any interest in farming. This has been done with Imbued recipes, I don't see why it should be hard to do with the new mythic gear. There will be four items to find ingredients for and craft. This means a lot of farming for a long time. Don't turn all these efforts into nothing by making key ingredients locked drop only.

Make some items also drop on maps other than expansion maps so leveling players have a source of income too (egg and locked farming is wrecked) and they don't arrive at cap level impoverished and uncompetitive with only Klaas pets in their stable. Also, empty Shuyal and Tindirin maps make me sad. It would be nice to have people run them again. Make the drop on low lvl maps rare enough, maybe about as rare as Bael 2 spawning or as rare as Summit minibosses.

If there has to be something kept in lockeds/boss chests, make it something catalytic in nature, something to expedite the process. Maybe an essence that makes it possible to craft with fewer hard-to-find ingredients, or substantially increase the item's chance of getting grand gem on the item, or why not put para gem or eye gem in locked? We will need them to gem the gear. Just anything that might still be valuable to loot from locked chests but is not essential. Mythic crafting can still go on without these locked items, but it will be much faster and easier with them. Just my two cents.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    It would be kinda cool to be sure that you'll loot the mytic gear... but...

When expansion will be released, we will all reach the cap level pretty quick. We will farm the new campain for some decent new legendary gear. Then STS will unlock the elite maps etc. The problem with a stable loot system is that people will farm it too easily. Let me explain myself: I can join the highest PvE guilds and we will all start farming those runs. 1000 runs right? no problem, we can easily gather a team of 4 people (since it's new expansion, a lot more people restart playing AL), and start farming it for a month, 2 months, 3 months. After 3 months, 75% of the people already own the mythic gear, and you just feel like farming it again and sell the gear... but , oh yeah, most people own it already so the value drops really low... and you're bored again (even more bored then now because you did the same map 30times a day for the past 3 months). You can start PvP but 75% of the people own the same armor, so it's all based on the weapon and the noobs with the ring and the skills and lag. Game death.

Take for example the dragonitge bar. when 2x dragkin cameout, the value of the bar drastically dropped from 2,3m to... well nobody buys it at 1,3m. I am pretty sure that the value of the bar was higher at Tindirin release.

If there is no luck in this, the game will end too quickly. I don't know if the ingredients or the full armor parts will be found in locked crates, but I believe that farming must have a higher success rate then locked. In other words, if the ingredients drop in locked and Elite goldens, then the Elite golden chests will have a higher drop rate then the locked (2-3x more). This way, STS gets their profits from Locked crates gambling (because there are other stuff then mythic gear), and the farmers get their gear from their hard work. Remember that there is not only mythic gear in the Elite chests, but also good legendaries so it's a very good deal.

Don't consider me against you. I just wanted to bring something good to the discussion. We're not trying to prove to STS that you're right, we're trying to find what's the right thing to do.

much love,
    Dragoon
    No thanks to this suggestion, nothing against you but;
    The OP is discussing the non-luck factor currently in this game after a player has spent VAST amounts of time, energy & even money to still receive NO reward. Or even worse I've ran 1250 runs and "no luck" where as another endgame player ran 10 runs and boom. The "luck" is by far way too random. There's no need to keep this low-luck based system (a huge luck-based percentage improvement is needed) when the vast majority of the player base continue to voice very negative feedback regarding it.

SO many more players have become upset & very frustrated with so much of their time & money being wasted for little to in many cases NO reward. Compared to what your post suggest, there's not nearly as many voicing negative feedback concerning content becoming boring too fast.

This is imo a serious issue because these feeling have been voiced over & over & over again by many different players. A solution to resolving the content becoming so-called boring to fast is, try new levels, twink, pvp, merch, don't play as much, run guild events, arena, tombs etc;

There's no real fix for Many Many hours of what people feel is their time & money being wasted in regards to obtaining an item they've placed a lot of effort in to receive being based solely on luck.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 04-28-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Thank you for listening !!!! We are all excited for the Rage of Ren'gol.
    Candy I totally agree with you on this. If you can afford to spend the money for platinum then by all means do so but, don't have it where non plat spenders can't have a legit shot at thus said items. Now with that being said I want to see your platinum payoff also cause it's your money. And for those of us who have to grind we'd like to be rewarded for hardwork also.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to regizakirs.rs For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    I didn't say all the equipment, either. I said a lot of it. If a lot of the best equipment becomes directly purchaseable, the game will die. It's as simple as that. Games like this depend on farming.

I don't mind plat spenders having a leg up. They should (and they currently do). However, I will say it's a delicate balance. Let's take the items that currently exist. Which items should be purchaseable? I'm guessing you would say all of the recipe-based items and items found in locked crates. If you bought all of those items, you'd have a maxed out character. That would be a problem.

I should add that I really think this game should be subscription based. I don't agree with making players gamble with real money to get the best items.
    It won't crash for the simple that there will always be someone who has saved enough gold by grinding to no end it seems. It's a verrrrrry slow process I know personally. I've grind for everything I got. it's possible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I agree with Candy, and STS please listen to her well-reasoned and eloquent plea

The new gear should be farmable by all or most, given enough time. By all means expedite the process for those willing to pay in cold hard cash, but still make it possible for f2p to eventually obtain without relying on luck, that capricious mistress.

Sell each component of the mythic set separately for plat and make it account bound, and make farmed versions tradeable; this would go a little way towards reducing the wealth gap by giving dedicated farmers something worth the ankhs/pots. Yes I understand that many farming the maps will already be well geared and wealthy, but there will be many players who aren't rich but have scraped, merched, saved and farmed until they can afford a mythic weapon (e.g. me) so we can run the new maps and finally make some gold back.

I'm looking forward to the coming events and of expansion, and think on the whole you're doing a great job, STS. You've got the opportunity to really shake things up and excite us with what's coming, please consider our wishes, as we too want this game to continue being a success!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Great thread Candy, what's missing here its that they have to listen, let's hope they actually read this and think about your suggestion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    There are numerous threads going around on this, and I wanted to reiterate a few things to the community in a fresh thread. StS has always based their quality gear on the luck-based system. For example, the original mythics were obtained in locked crates. Arcane weapons and eggs have been the same, based upon a luck based system that you can play if you spend real money. I am really OK with some of this because it's fun to take a gamble sometimes. I have been lucky and looted many arcane and mythic items.

However, my problem is that ALL good items are based on luck. When the planar pendant came out we were so excited that we could grind and get the materials, then how bummed we were when it all came down to the recipe. Some of you got lucky and got it after a few runs in Arena. Then, some of the veteran players have run over 1000 times yet never got lucky. That is really frustrating to us as players. The same thing goes for Nekro, the majority of us will simply never loot one or have enough gold to purchase a fossil.

I like this game a lot, there are many things that StS does right for us. The tombs and arena are fun to play, we had a blast in all of the expansions that have come to Arlor. Events they get better and better with and I think Valentine's was so nice and we earned a lot of stuff and it was totally F2P. Thank you for that StS. Also, your improvements in the game are not going on without notice by us. You are fixing bugs every week and the communication on these is great. Thank you to the people working hard on our quality-of-life in Arlor.

Here is where a lot of your dedicated players are frustrated. We need to see a little more return for our money spent in the game via plat and less items with 'luck' attached to them. I have two suggestions on this:

1. With respect to the new items coming in the game with Rage of Ren'Gol make some of the good ones obtainable with a good old grind fest. Do not let us sit there with all the components but always missing the 'luck based one' like the planar recipe and fossil. Balance it out more between some of these lucky drop items and time spent in the game. For someone to spend vast amounts of time in game but always be the guy coming up empty handed is totally not fair. It doesn't sit well with the player base. I have people in my guild that I swear run arena for hours and hours every day and grind tombs for hours more. Yet they have no recipe and no pieces of imbued. You need to implement items that are rewarded by simply running. Mind you, a lot of running so we keep busy but the total luck base for good items has really run its course with us.

2. Behind the scenes the plat spenders are all grumbling a little bit. We see other games (Taichi Panda is the one that comes to mind) that has attracted a lot of old Arlorians to. Why? Because there is simply more return on the dollar. You can go in that game and for a single dollar get something really cool which is wings that help you fight in the game. I don't mind spending money on AL, nor do I mind opening locked for items which I will continue to do. However, I would suggest beefing up the plat store with more quality items we can flat out buy for plat. Not vanity but real stuff that we can use and love. Now that I can get behind, and I am sure so can many of the players who love this game and want it to thrive.

Thank you for listening !!!! We are all excited for the Rage of Ren'gol.
    I am ok with the first point of the thread regarding farming as it benefits both the f2p and p2p players but the 2point gives a big disadvantage to the f2p
    Even when i am stating this the count of good veterans f2p and p2p player will be in the ratio of 10:1 almost every good experienced player ik spend plats very few players like me and other ppl have nevr spent plat on this game(not talking abt new players aka nub)so if stuff like weapons come only as plat it will be gg for the f2p guys
    I was happy seeing that we could acquire l and l via gold also even thou both methods of acquiring it reqd plats so just sorta dont make it only plat buyable give us a chance ti atleast farm gold and acquire it stating my viewpoint ty.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

everything would have been ok if all the items that are lootable from locks are also lootable from farming....and drop should be like just saying suppose for mythic pendant it will drop on time in 1k runs...but i may drop in the 2nd run or in the 999th run and like if i get two recipe drop in 500 runs i will not get another for the rest 1.5k runs...like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post

much love,
    Dragoon
    Most definitely not true. The price was way below 2.3 before the weekend. Don't even get me started on the rest of your post. Imho in order to be able to comment on such matters you should at least have done what people are talking about, which you have not.

Regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

I totally agree with candy. Those of us who have had bad luck are just totally disheartened. 700+ arena runs and nothing. 1000+ planar tomb 3 runs for 40 chests. I stopped running arena after I bought the recipe. Only reason I return to this wretched place is when a guildie can't find a party for more than 5 minutes and when I go in I have zero hope of getting anything.

Don't even want to comment on the returns for real money. The only real 100% return are elixirs. Opening 100+ locked and spending 100 Euro and getting one big NOTHING is a huge no-go.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Most definitely not true. The price was way below 2.3 before the weekend. Don't even get me started on the rest of your post. Imho in order to be able to comment on such matters you should at least have done what people are talking about, which you have not.

Regards
    Let me sum up a few things about dragon bar:

[Dragon Bar History]

As far as i am concerned, bar was used as a craft component for the arcane ring. The original price at the release was at least 10million gold. Then more and more and more started to come, and then some people started to sell at low prices, so with people decreasing i mean:

1) PA sells for 9m
    2) PB sells for 8.7
    3) P[C] sells for 8.5

So, the supply started to increase highly then the prices went down to 5m. It stayed there for a while then it suddenly dropped all the way down to 2.7m, and then...it even reached to 200k LOL.

How the prices increased?

-> Well, when the new planar amulet was introduced, someone bought in all the bars at auc. Then the prices pinged to less than 3m, and then another sky shot for 5hrs @ 5million gold. And then it kept dropping..dropping..and poof nobody buys it :C

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree to the point that if you can obtain the best item or the ingredient for the best item in game in fixed amount of runs ,it takes out the fun factor out of the game.

my suggestion : you should able to get the 2nd best item in game by doing fixed amount of runs of a elite map or arena.

And by the term 2nd best item in game, i mean that the difference between best item and 2nd best item to be minimal but enough to make people to run for the best.
    Last edited by noisy; 04-29-2015 at 06:28 AM.