Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing, Jewels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Jewel gem only + intil?? ,when expansion released??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

the gem market is really tense , i think this have been announced way too early .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    the gem market is really tense , i think this have been announced way too early .
    You might be right about that sir .

Nevertheless I like the idea a lot. Of anyone has played a game like Diablo 3 you would know that getting those highest tier jewels in all sockets will be a very very long term goal if u resort to farming them alone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    'Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". '
    atm i only see the jewels max lvl30 it will be more high lvl i guess

8 jewels is DEX, STR, INT, ARMOR, DAMAGE, MANA, HP and CRITIC
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    atm i only see the jewels max lvl30 it will be more high lvl i guess

8 jewels is DEX, STR, INT, ARMOR, DAMAGE, MANA, HP and CRITIC
    zz the types are mentined in a different section, its obvious that there will be 8 level if you read correctly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    You might be right about that sir .

Nevertheless I like the idea a lot. Of anyone has played a game like Diablo 3 you would know that getting those highest tier jewels in all sockets will be a very very long term goal if u resort to farming them alone.
    It's a pretty good idea that both supports the buyers and the farmers. I imagine those highest tiered jewels will be quite expensive and well worth farming for. At least hopefully. In addition, maxed players will have another two slots available with new mythic armor and helm (over imbued). Imagine selling a 3 noble crit/damage bow!! I'm excited!!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    zz the types are mentined in a different section, its obvious that there will be 8 level if you read correctly.
    If lvl30(noble) is the max then we have a problem because eyes/paras will still be better as u said

3 eyes give 9ALL STATS and around 4% critic.

3 Nobles STR, INT and DEX give 8 ALL STATS and no critic.

Idk about DMG jewels cuz no info yet
    Last edited by Enterradora; 05-08-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Very good idea! Will make people better with the 8 diffrent levels. But of course i have a question too will there be a damage gem also?
    Alts: Represents,Disrespects
    [True Legend]
    "Wtf a 2pc True Legend bird???-All
    Me: I beat the impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    [*]Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel.
    Just for a better understanding. Is the removed Jewel the same Jewel as the one I put into the gear? for example if I have a Noble jewel on a gear and I want to remove it by costing some gold. Do I get the same Noble Jewel or a lower grade jewel? say Superb jewel.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twoxc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I kinda like the way they are better than gems.
    That makes people wanna get rid of their gems and get the jewels!
    Noone can complain about losing their hard earned gems as they are untouched.

However I would like to see how the Damage and Crit jewels are being thinking of?
    Can any dev post a non finalised art of Damage and crit jewels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nice jewel system STS
    like to use in feature !!!
    few questions: Is the chance getting this jewels as high as the 'gems' we have now?
    Each new map in the expansion drops a sort of jewel?
    Will the stats of the jewels big change ?
    cuz in forum was written: Stats subject can change.
    Last edited by wizzaq; 05-08-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    650 Posts

para gems will somehow just go away? all the best twinks hold half to full sets of these gems boosting their damage 30% higher than what these jewels maxed out can do... Nice system, but 2000+ jewels to get one of the best tiered jewel better sell for more than 200k each. Right now that's about how much gems are going for at 1-1.5k each minus cs listing fees. It will hit a point where once everyone has full sets of these gems for their gears that removing them and placing on new gears would make farming them irrelevant in the long term. Short term it will solve gem bottom prices for sure I hope that removal of these gems from gears should cost at a minimum of 200k each such that it will guarantee us players a bottom price of these jewels.

Please keep it to:
    Removing price > New crafted jewel price (market determined)
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Maybe its possible to make a chest with all gems in it
    Name of chest can be: Gem crate (think not a great name
    and the drop can be of bosses all around arlor maps.
    i know there are coming 'jewels' but thats start in expansion
    and the expansion takes a long time
    so maybe it can be a event or something
    like: gem crate weekend, bosses of all maps drop gem crates.
    These can be tradeable and you can loot 1 gem on each crate
    hope you guys like this idea
    ~wizzaq
    Last edited by wizzaq; 05-08-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lol these current stats on the jewels are over powered af. The stat boost is heavy, this would widen the gap as paragem damage would be far greater in application because of the primary stat boost.
    Ingame name: Invasions

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Still keeping an eye on this thread and answering questions that I can answer. Apologies if I can't answer all of your questions at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    Just for a better understanding. Is the removed Jewel the same Jewel as the one I put into the gear? for example if I have a Noble jewel on a gear and I want to remove it by costing some gold. Do I get the same Noble Jewel or a lower grade jewel? say Superb jewel.
    You will receive the same Jewel that you used for the upgrade. If you used a Noble Jewel, then you will get a Noble Jewel back. No downgrade will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzaq View Post
    few questions: Is the chance getting this jewels as high as the 'gems' we have now?
    Each new map in the expansion drops a sort of jewel?
    Will the stats of the jewels big change ?
    cuz in forum was written: Stats subject can change.
    1. We designed this system to be able to grow as we add more content to Arcane Legends. That's pretty much all I can say right now.
    2. Log in and play once Jewels become available and you can tell me where they come from.
    3. Stats for everything related to the expansion are always getting minor tweaks here and there as we play test the content internally. That is why you haven't really seen any previews that contain stats. We don't want to show something, then change it after having shown it to you.
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

1. We designed this system to be able to grow as we add more content to Arcane Legends. That's pretty much all I can say right now.
    2. Log in and play once Jewels become available and you can tell me where they come from.
    3. Stats for everything related to the expansion are always getting minor tweaks here and there as we play test the content internally. That is why you haven't really seen any previews that contain stats. We don't want to show something, then change it after having shown it to you.[/QUOTE]

Really thx for information and answers
    Im looking forward to this great system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If lvl30(noble) is the max then we have a problem because eyes/paras will still be better as u said

then use 3 primary jewels in lvl30 gear
    3 eyes 9str 9dex 9int +crit
    3 noble jewel 3*8primary stat =24
    In all classes 24 primary> 9str+9dex+9int

How about arcane ring recipe must change since essences will don't drop anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

When we introduced the Upgrade system nearly a year and a half ago, our goal was to give players an additional way to improve and customize their character. We are very happy that it is a feature that players love. Over time, we introduced more gems to expand upon the system, but we can only stretch the system so far. To really give players more, we needed to improve how upgrades worked at their core. And so, Jewels were born! The Jewels system will be introduced in the upcoming Rage of the Ren'gol expansion.

Designing Jewels
    When we started designing the Jewels feature, we had a few goals in mind:
    1. Expand on gems to give players more options
    2. Reduce the pain points of the system (like not having access to your weapon for an extended period of time as you tried for a "Grand" gem).
    3. Provide an aspirational goal that players can strive for

These goals led to a few interesting discussions and discoveries. Our first tasks were to figure out how to handle current gems. We didn't want to restrict where players can use them. Since players earned or purchased those gems, they should be able to use them as they see fit. Nerfing existing gems, or any items for that matter, is something to avoid at all cost, so we wanted to avoid that. Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance. In the end, we felt the best course of action was to let existing gems eventually work themselves out of the game. Since they are not removeable from gear and there is only a set amount of them, they would, over time, cease to exist.

With our questions about the current gems system answered, we were now able to design the new Jewels system. After even more discussions, we eventually landed on the system that we now have to present to you all. I truly feel that it takes the best of the gems system and adds even more to it. And I hope you will agree.

Current Gems
    Before jumping into Jewels, I want to assure you all that your current gems will remain untouched, as I alluded to above. Any gems you have created are still yours to keep. In no way will their functionality be changed. You can continue to socket them into any current gear you have or future gear you earn. However, you will not be able to craft new Gems after the Jewels system launches.

Jewels Overview
    Moving onto Jewels, they have several similar qualities to Gems. Jewels are crafted, tradeable, and can be used to upgrade gear with additional stats.

The Jewels system also has many differences from Gems though.
    • Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". These levels determine how much of a stat they give. You can increase a Jewel's level via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold. For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel.
    • Essences will no longer drop from mobs. Instead, Cracked Jewels will now drop from mobs. These are immediately available to use for upgrading gear. Not all types of Jewels drop in all locations though. You'll have to explore to find which Jewels drop where. Any essences you currently have can be used to craft these Cracked Jewels as well.
    • Jewels can not "crit". You no longer have to upgrade your gear over and over hoping for a "Grand" version. Jewels will always give the same amount of a stat.
    • Jewels have item level requirements. In order to upgrade a piece of gear with a Jewel, the gear must have at least a certain required level. For example, Excellent Jewels can only upgrade gear that requires character level 20 and higher.
    • Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana.
    • Jewels can be removed from gear for a gold cost. This will allow you to use that removed Jewel as part of a craft to create a better Jewel.

To give you an idea of some of the Jewels you can expect to see, here are some screenshots (art is not final, stats subject to change):
    Attachment 131913

The Jewels feature will launch with the Rage of the Ren'gol expansion, which you can look forward to in the near future.
    Cant Wait ... But i swear if better than para....
    Last edited by Memorials; 05-08-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Click Here To Get To My Sig-Shop!
    AL: Answering, Whiiterain, etc.
    GM of Stinker (Level 3/4/5)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

So happy to see that people are excited about Jewels! I've answered some of your questions below.

You can have both Gems and Jewels in your gear and the effects, in all current cases, will stack. So if you have a Glacial Gem, the +INT will stack with the +INT granted by a Mind Jewel. That said, the stacking rules for Gems and Jewels is the same as the rest of the game. If we were to introduce Jewels in the future with bonuses such as +Damage%. only the highest value would count.

This is not currently part of the design.

The Jewels available from the start will increase a single stat.

Jewels have gear level requirements. So, if you are a level 25 Sorcerer wearing a helm with a level requirement of 25, the best Jewel you would be able to place in that helm is a Superb Jewel. If you are a level 25 Sorcerer wearing a helm with a level requirement of 20, the best Jewel you would be able to place in that helm is an Excellent Jewel. It all comes down to the item you are placing the Jewel into.
    Obviously this new system leaves lots of room for expansion. Regens or movement speed anywhere on the table currently?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

yep and there are the dinamic scaled gems too (elondrian shard, reinforced gems etc) which increase stats on every level, unlike these new jewels, it may be a minor problem also.