Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing, Jewels!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Great concept! Finally an evolving gear piece!

One question! Hence the jewels can be upgraded/combine to form stronger jewel, would they provide some particle effects on the gears? For example Fortified jewel gives blue glow while Noble jewels emits red glow. It would definitely add exciting experience for the players.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This is pretty neat. Can we have the latest, most powerful versions of these gems out-perform Enchanted Eye gems? That'd be really awesome. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    In pve I think that 4 rogue parties however are going to become more and more prominent because these rogues can get a huge amount of str from these gems...
    I suggest making certain mobs in the map un-able to be crit unless those mobs are under sorcerer time shift, or the war used skyward smash in the past x-seconds to make the other classes wanted in time runs and usual runs.
    I think one of the devs made a post a while back that mentioned that the new areas are designed with all the classes in mind. Supposedly you'll get a better playing experience if you go in with a full team with all the classes in it. Going to be interesting to see how all these changes work out, 8^).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoenixPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    This is pretty neat. Can we have the latest, most powerful versions of these gems out-perform Enchanted Eye gems? That'd be really awesome. Thanks.
    that's what i'm hoping also lol. Enchanted eyes gem aren't all that great, It's a preferable for PVP only because of extra HP/MANA and CRIT for Rogue. As for PVE the damage is a huge different if you were to have super fire or super tarlok wind. To this day with all the gems that are out, If you want straight up pure damage. it's all para or all super fire gem which give highest damage in stats. tarlok wind super is 5dex/3int still less damage then super fire gem 6 dex xD
    Reason Tarlok wind is preferable cause of mana for rogue. 90mana>1 damage lol.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is quite good for us in this comin expansion.i just want to know if we can still use and craft the para gems when expansion comes?because i still have two para gems,waiting for expansion to come for me to craft it into new weapons,helm,armor,ring,amulet,if there is?!i sacrificed months just to saved it to earn more gold for craftin it into new items lvl 42 to 46.And if we can also unattached the gems like jewel for payin a certain amount of gold like what youved stated...?!hope this can be clarify before expansion comes,coz i dont want my para gems,not to be use in new items when expansion comes.tnx

youre friendly but psycho hero,

hitback....pilot!
    Last edited by Polong Ama Luzadas; 05-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoxc View Post
    that's what i'm hoping also lol. Enchanted eyes gem aren't all that great, It's a preferable for PVP only because of extra HP/MANA and CRIT for Rogue. As for PVE the damage is a huge different if you were to have super fire or super tarlok wind. To this day with all the gems that are out, If you want straight up pure damage. it's all para or all super fire gem which give highest damage in stats. tarlok wind super is 5dex/3int still less damage then super fire gem 6 dex xD
    Reason Tarlok wind is preferable cause of mana for rogue. 90mana>1 damage lol.
    Just from a rogues PVP standpoint:

They would have to add +12 at the highest level. Since the jewels are single stat, +9 could be preferable to a tank or mage that doesn't care about crit. It begs the question, how can you get +9/9/9 3crit from three of these if you wanted balance? Since they've stated they are single area jewels, ie int is int, you couldn't. You would need a minimum of 4 jewels(int/str/dex/crit). If they provide +12 or more then 4 of them could be better than eye gems for balance. Keep in mind, this would be at the highest level as well, so it's not like they will be available quickly. That's a pretty big stat boost.

Eye gems will still be needed, especially at first for rogues in PVP for balance. Assuming the highest tier is better than eye gems somehow and that it may take weeks to craft even 1 of them, it would likely take months and months before eyes could be phased out or would become obsolete.

As far as paras go, seems that the highest damage jewels could be better than all but probably the first para.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Oroquieta, Oroquieta, Philippines, Philippines
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hope we can craft lock in goblin event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well krit,maybe they can make a good idea and solution for the eye,if we upgrade it,it can be grand gem also,so the stats will x2 higher and can be strong also to socket into new weapons,but im really hoping the para gems that is not yet use or socketed to weapons can be use in new items when the expansion comes and it will not be removed,ived worked hard for that two para gem and waited for this long to earn more gold.hehheheheee,

STS!!!Plss...let us know a month before the expansion comes k,tnx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=107505&dateline=14000  78776
    T H A I L A N D

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nuwar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Have to say... the more I think about it, the more I love this system.

Granding did prevent gameplay from occurring. No more backup gear sets, no more wasting millions of gold destroying 20-40 gems hoping the luck gods will be kind this time. No more player resentment over feeling forced to spend ridiculous amounts of plat for a tiny benefit that a single grand would yield.

Also having mobs in various locations drop different types of cracked jewels... a very nice touch. This will encourage farming and give players incentive to use every map. New players will benefit because older players can farm while helping new players. I was going to introduce this idea in a post, but I can see STS is already implementing it.

+1 thumbs up like retweet

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It may be a disaster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So gems will be gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Cant wait for these Jewels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    596 Posts

Sounds like a grand,er noble idea lol

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I just saw this thread today. So here are my thoughts....

1) Excellent system as it rewards hard work (farming for jewels) instead of luck (hoping to get a grand gem).

2) Some people have pointed out how you would need 2k+ jewels to craft the best jewel, and that then translates into 30k+ for a full set of 5 arcane/mythic items. I think the point here is that it will be unrealistic for anyone to expect to get a full set of the best jewels.... which is the way it should be.

I'm sick and tired of everyone constantly maxing out in this game. I've expressed this frustration before when it comes to Achievement Points as I believe there should be infinite available APs. For example, if someone has 1m PvE kills, they should earn an achievement for that, and if someone has 5m, then give them one for that. Someone just reached 100k PvP kills, so there should be achievement points for that too.

Well the same should be with gear and gems/jewels. There should always be room for improvement even for the players with the best gear. And this new system seems to allow that. Maybe it will keep players interested in PvE a bit longer as in the last expansion most players got bored after a month or two. If there is reason to keep farming, then people will stay interested.

So get this idea out of your head that you MUST have the best jewels in all slots -- it's not gonna happen. Just do your best.

3) I see no point in stopping at 8 levels of these jewels. I say make it go up to 10. Yes, there's a small chance that anyone would be so dedicated as to work hard enough to build up their gems that high, but why not make it possible? If someone wants to spend the time they should be rewarded. Imagine if it went up to 10 levels and someone managed to build that level 10 jewel that took 18k cracked jewels to make. Imagine what they could sell this gem for. I'm sure many of the elite rich players would pay a fortune for it. Remember that these jewels can be removed from gear and reused later on, so the top tier of a jewel like this would be worth a lot, and would be something a player could work towards over a very long time.

4) I do think that some of the elite discontinued gems, such as Para or Enchanged Eye should retain a small advantage over the best jewels in the same category. The common complaint that has been expressed is that no new player could ever manage to compete then. Well that is not true, since gear is tradable and a new player could buy gear with a para gem on it. So just as a new level 10 warrior cannot loot a dark watch sword (which many consider the best warrior weapon at level 10) as they are discontinued, you will also not be able to loot a new para gem. But that does not mean you can't work hard, save your gold, and buy one from someone. These items will always be available for sale as there are plenty of them in circulation. Otherwise many players will lose huge investments they made in gear, and essentially it will be the same as nerfing those items.

5) I think the older gems will still be desirable as they will be a good place to begin when you get new gear, while you wait for your jewels to build. Remember that on a level 46 item, a single glacial/fire/blood gem probably gives as many stat points as a jewel containing 80 or so cracked jewels. So no better way to start off your new gear but with an older gem, and then replace it at some point with a jewel after you have had time to upgrade your jewels.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 05-09-2015 at 05:17 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"You can increase a Jewel's level via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold. For example, if you craft together three Standard Mind Jewels, you'll get one Fortified Mind Jewel." -Fibus

Sorry, I'm confused here.. in order to increase Jewel's level, we need to combine 2 OR 3 Jewels of the same level and type? The amount required for other Jewel's level would be the same? Apologise for my bad english.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

As gems will be discontinued now the major concern of everybody is how damage jewel gonna work at such context.
    Will it be on the basis of 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41+
    Or,
    1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-46

Gradually increasing on first one like (0.5,1, 1.5, 2 ) damage
    Or,
    0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75....... Damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome!!!
    But why would a mind jewel be red? I preffer them blue...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont really understand 2187 cracked to be 1 noble, how can we put 2187 item in 500inventory? And how long to craft? Duhh i dont understand this system.. But anyway i wanna feel this new system, when will it start?
    Displayed(Sorcerer)~Magmatics(Warrior)

One Day I'll Find My Hope, Alone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I second That !