Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing, Jewels!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Im 100% sure im not going to farm this amount of jewels, instead i buy most, these cracked jewels will be available in cs for 500-1000 gold just like the regular gems now, I will sell also what I dont need str, int jewels and keep the dex ones.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    I don't think they would be 500-1000 golds
    Anyway, off-topic: Are you going to make a Jewel guide when the time comes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Jewels wont save the economy.it will give 1 year of rest in arcane legends.then crisis will come back.like market is overflooded with jewels.and most people have them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeoNeo View Post
    Jewels wont save the economy.it will give 1 year of rest in arcane legends.then crisis will come back.like market is overflooded with jewels.and most people have them.
    this is too pessimistic. different jewels will drop in different maps, with damage jewels probably in very hard maps. if somehow there is nothing to do anymore because all have their jewel set complete, stg can simply add a new tier. for me the important thing is, that this provides a ladder for new players up the ranks, farming and selling jewels for their gear and pets til they perfect their own set. this is missing in the current season. since jewels are basically consumables, they won t surplus like weapons or armors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

One thing I worried is..
    When different maps drop different jewels, rogues will want to run the map that drops jewel for rogue, and warriors might have hard time farming 'their' jewel.
    Some people might run to sell them, however, it will take so many jewels to farm for themselves. We(tanks) can't farm elite alone. We have to rely on other dps, and this might give us hard time to run the map for us.
    I'm not sure if these jewels will drop from mobs +boss or boss only, but I think random drop from new elite mobs + bosses would be nice.
    And plus new legendary gears from bosses.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    this is too pessimistic. different jewels will drop in different maps, with damage jewels probably in very hard maps. if somehow there is nothing to do anymore because all have their jewel set complete, stg can simply add a new tier. for me the important thing is, that this provides a ladder for new players up the ranks, farming and selling jewels for their gear and pets til they perfect their own set. this is missing in the current season. since jewels are basically consumables, they won t surplus like weapons or armors.
    Remember that jewels can be removed from one item and reused, so they are no longer consumables.

However, what you mention about them adding a new tier is what can save this. Just adding one new tier will triple the amount of cracked jewels needed to reach that last tier, so this is indeed the solution. When we reach saturation of cracked jewels, just adding another tier will create market demand all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    I don't think they would be 500-1000 golds
    Anyway, off-topic: Are you going to make a Jewel guide when the time comes?
    Hm, jewel stats arent a secret, so everyone will know it, maybe a comparison with eye gems?

Robhawk

My question is: Will the old GEMīs still adapt to the items level at new levelcaps? So f.e. at l46 a normal glacial gem will give 4 INT points and a grand gem 8 INT? This would be great because they will keep its value!
    So you can gamble with normal GEMs to get the GRAND GEM 8 INT that also the best jewel will give you with the fair downside that its bound to the item compared to the jewel which can be taken off an item!

Imho that would be awesome.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 05-12-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    He's not being a pessimistic. He's actually telling you exactly what it will be in the near future. Jewels will be flooded in the market then.

Don't get me wrong, it is the lesser of two evil. Jewels intergration is a better idea than what is currently in game. But eventually it will be saturated and no one will want them anymore because by then everyone will have them already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Introducing, Jewels!

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    He's not being a pessimistic. He's actually telling you exactly what it will be in the near future. Jewels will be flooded in the market then.
    if it takes six month to saturate the market (just for example) the next tier would keep the same population busy for 12 months more ... and so on and so on. they can freely adjust this and we know nothing about the drop rates yet.

also reusing jewels will work as a gold sink, so many lesser jewels will indeed be consumed to save gold, but not the better ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can't wait.
    It's a shame about the level restrictions for higher jewels but I suppose that's smart concidering already op low level twinks with lvl 5 jewels would destroy everything.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Ah, market predictions. At this point, it would be impossible as there are two extremely important variables missing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    --via crafting by combining it with 2 other Jewels of the same level and type, along with some gold--
    1) Some Gold ... How much is some gold, and more importantly, how much does some gold change based on Jewel Level?
    Example: Supposed it takes a nominal amount, say 100 gold to craft cracked to damaged, will it also take 100 gold to craft damaged to weak, or will it perhaps go up to 200 gold? How much will it cost to craft a noble in total.
    Using a fixed amount of 100 gold, it will cost 163,600 gold.
    Using a floating scale of doubling cost each level, it would cost 205,900 gold.

2) Crafting ... TIME. How long will it take to craft a jewel, and will it be constant?
    Example: Lets say nominal amount of time, say 4 hours for cracked to damaged. Will it also be 4 hour from damaged to weak, or will it go up to say, 6 hours, or even double? How long will it take to craft a Noble, in TOTAL.
    If it is a constant time of 4 hours to craft any jewel, then a Noble will take 182 DAYS to craft.
    If say, the cracked to damaged is 4 hours, and each successive level extends that by 2 hours, then it will take 227 DAYS to craft a Noble.
    Now, if they want, they could be evil and have the time start at 4 hours and then say, double at each level. That will take 343 days, or to be fun, lets just call it a year.

So ... my irrational market predictions ... Rage quit posts complaining about how much platinum players have destroyed the market by plowing through the crafting and how free players would need an entire year to catch up, and it is not even worth the gold to craft anyway because the gems have crashed below the cost of crafting them.

But of course, this is just a short-sighted prediction that uses unreliable information that is not official nor final. All things are subject to change.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I haven't seen Fibus post in relation to Para gems specifically, but a major difference between Gems and Jewels is that Jewels can be removed. Gems cannot. Over time Gems will eventually ween themselves out of the market as they can no longer be created. In this case that level 41 item with 3 Para Gems will still be awesome, but over time the new Jewels will begin to eclipse current gems.

Hope that clarifies for everyone
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I haven't seen Fibus post in relation to Para gems specifically, but a major difference between Gems and Jewels is that Jewels can be removed. Gems cannot. Over time Gems will eventually ween themselves out of the market as they can no longer be created. In this case that level 41 item with 3 Para Gems will still be awesome, but over time the new Jewels will begin to eclipse current gems.

Hope that clarifies for everyone
    Yep... and now I'm not sure if I should be optimistic about the possibility of eclipsing OP twinks with three paras/equip... or depressed that i some of those equips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

hmm im all for the new system but the idea of them eclipsing older gems is kinda a bad idea in my opion. we had a solution to paras in the begining dont let more than 1 be used but that didnt happen so now you pretty much want to wipe them out completly with this new jewel system to compensate for previous mistakes? paras should def stay above the rest id rather paras be rereleased then to see them diminshed. i think this will make more people rage quit then play more people payed upwards of 30mil for para sets. i mean new stronger gear will eventually over throw para gear so why not leave the para gems op like they are they were a prize alot of us worked very hard for and put alot of gold into i think better gear should be the soulution to getting rid of paras not a whole new system that can eventually be abused oober rich players can still abuse this system so it seems. it will just take them longer to do it. your eventually gonna make reserved paras totally useless that doesnt seem fair at all i think paras is a prize it should stay above the rest that would kinda be like making a leader board vanity available for plat i think more thought should be put into this before any drastic moves

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kickazzrogue View Post
    hmm im all for the new system but the idea of them eclipsing older gems is kinda a bad idea in my opion. we had a solution to paras in the begining dont let more than 1 be used but that didnt happen so now you pretty much want to wipe them out completly with this new jewel system to compensate for previous mistakes? paras should def stay above the rest id rather paras be rereleased then to see them diminshed. i think this will make more people rage quit then play more people payed upwards of 30mil for para sets. i mean new stronger gear will eventually over throw para gear so why not leave the para gems op like they are they were a prize alot of us worked very hard for and put alot of gold into i think better gear should be the soulution to getting rid of paras not a whole new system that can eventually be abused oober rich players can still abuse this system so it seems. it will just take them longer to do it. your eventually gonna make reserved paras totally useless that doesnt seem fair at all i think paras is a prize it should stay above the rest that would kinda be like making a leader board vanity available for plat i think more thought should be put into this before any drastic moves
    Totally agree with u. That's why I did forward this:

As gems will be discontinued now the major concern of everybody is how damage jewel gonna work at such context.
    Will it be on the basis of level 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41+
    Or,
    1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 31-35, 36-40, 41-46

Gradually increasing on first one like (0.5,1, 1.5, 2 ) % damage
    Or,
    0.25, 0.5, 0.75, 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75....... -%Damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Paragems are simply a one-event prize and they should've not been allowed to be this powerful from the start and that's a fact.

New damage gems, whenever/if they'll come, should definitely be as good or even better than them. Either that or the primary/critical rate gems should give enough stats to beat the advantages of using a third or fourth paragem in the same set of gear. I like my full para/eye set too but that way would be fairer for newer players as well as provide motivation for those gems to be farmed for and crafted.

Working for jewel tier 8 or 10 is going to take much more time than reaching platinum tier on an easy event anyway.
    Last edited by Madnex; 05-12-2015 at 11:46 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Paragems are simply a one-event prize and they should've not been allowed to be this powerful from the start and that's a fact.

New damage gems, whenever/if they'll come, should definitely be as good or even better than them. Either that or the primary/critical rate gems should give enough stats to beat the advantages of using a third or fourth paragem in the same set of gear. I like my full para/eye set too but that way would be fairer for newer players as well as provide motivation for those gems to be farmed for and crafted.

Working for jewel tier 8 or 10 is going to take much more time than reaching platinum tier on an easy event anyway.
    i agree to a extent but it should not diminsh them think about your gonna wipe out the op para gem with a even stronger gem? thats still abusable by the rich thats almost the same problem if i have a 100mil and u have 1mil whos gonna get the maxed out op set first itll take u 100x as long as it would me still abusable in a way but avaible for all idk in a way these r like para gems just diff concept paras should be as even as possible to the new ones i think but not diminshed same with eyes this does help new players tho which i like but dont screw the older ones in the process

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I'd like it if the first para stays super op but the damage gems eclipse every subsequent para.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    As Fibus said, para gems will cease to exist with time which whenever it happens will be a good thing. These new gems (the damage type) if brought back with the same para gem stats and stacking ability, will just be para gems under a new name "Jewel". Hoping they are not the same (stat and stacking-wise). And if so, how are they different?

If these new damage jewels do work like paracelsus stones, then what is the equivalent for Enchanted Eye gems? I noticed that it was said that only a single stat will be increased and not all four (3 base stats +crit) as in the case of echanted eyes. New players will still lack enchanted eye type of gems then and the whole point of 'new players not getting the event gems' will be moot.

I liked how gems no longer "crit" when being forged. Also I appreciate that sts has been thoughtful enough to decide that the higher tiers of gems are not available at low levels. Hoping the stats are balanced. I suggest a preview in the test server a few weeks before their release.
    The difference would be that everyone can get that new jewel, I haven't been round for long but I'm guessing that the reason para gems are so powerful at this moment is because only a select few can afford them

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We need 'enchanted eye' type of new jewels.

Thanks for the teaser, looking forward to the new expansion (: