Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Introducing, Jewels!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Stop messing with my investments zeus. lol

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

"Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors LMAO

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RIP For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    "Paper is fine. Nerf Rock." -Scissors LMAO
    sweet quote, huh!
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Great post :-)

I like that alot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Making more Paracellus-level gems to "even the playing field" for players that do not have them would simply worsen game balance.

Many more stats are now available with Jewels! There will be 8 types of Jewels available when the feature launches. In addition to the STR, DEX, and INT stats you are all used to, you can now also upgrade your gear with Jewels which grant Armor, Crit, Damage, HP, or Mana.
    paracelsus gem=damage jewel so its a bit confusing for me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Awesome like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Will there be an associated crafting time with crafting these jewels? If so, have you considered the user experience ramifications of having such a thing? As some people eluded to, it'll take over 2000 cracked jewels to get the best level 8 jewel... even if the crafting is 1 hour for each 2 jewels (or 3 jewels) you're looking at a crazy time to craft. If it stays at 8 hours like it is now... I don't even want to know what the community response will be. Whatever you do, please don't make this a platinum hog.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    Will there be an associated crafting time with crafting these jewels? If so, have you considered the user experience ramifications of having such a thing? As some people eluded to, it'll take over 2000 cracked jewels to get the best level 8 jewel... even if the crafting is 1 hour for each 2 jewels (or 3 jewels) you're looking at a crazy time to craft. If it stays at 8 hours like it is now... I don't even want to know what the community response will be. Whatever you do, please don't make this a platinum hog.
    The start of fibus's post says they realise one of the problem with jewels is their craft time and hence unusability for thst period of time and they want to correct it
    So im guessing either you can use your current jewel while upgrading or upgrading will be short( since they hav said gold will be involved in upgrades)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ty StS
    I really love to read such informations.
    I think it will be a really good way to revive (a lil bit) the farming community.
    Maybe we have more "gem/juwel" setups with these new jewels that will work for a specific task
    Some questions i still have xD

These "basic juwels" are dropping like esses but only in a specific area ... like basic int juwel only in dead city maps . Am i right?

Also .. all states (prefixes) of these gems are tradeable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    paracelsus gem=damage jewel so its a bit confusing for me.
    Its not mentioned para will be the dmg jewel; itll probably replaced by a dmg jewel with nerfed stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

How will we obtain these jewels? Same we we earn the current gems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    How will we obtain these jewels? Same we we earn the current gems?
    Lvl 1 cracked jewels will be dropping just like essences it seems, which can be combined to give higher lvl jewels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Ah man this is awesome I saw this and immediate thought of Diablo. Weaker tiered gems being used to eventually craft perfect jewels Idea is great and should bring alot of variation to the game

+10000 STS cheers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaachilles211 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Hm, i see many problems now.

These new jewel system has some good sides, but the current gem system also. eg. We are always on need of gems, if we get new gear, so if you loot/farm gems you could sell or use it. With jewels we dont need to farm new ones, just remove from old gear and put into in the new. In the future there will be a point, when we couldnt sell jewels because everyone got their best jewels.

Enchanted eye will be a problem also, it currently gives 9 overall stat at lvl30+ plus crit, while these new jewels only 8 so. Im using 9 eye gems currently, with jewels the max i can get is 24/24/24 instead of 27/27/27 plus 8.73% crit. Idk whats the crit jewel stats now, one noble crit jewel will give +8% crit from lvl30?

People still hoard many eye gems, it will be very expensive in the future and gives an unfair advantage for rich players again.
    Last edited by Haligali; 05-08-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Really sounds good, I hope it is implemented good as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

These new jewel system has some good sides, but the current gem system also. eg. We are always on need of gems, if we get new gear, so if you loot/farm gems you could sell or use it. With jewels we dont need to farm new ones, just remove from old gear and put into in the new. In the future there will be a point, when we couldnt sell jewels because everyone got their best jewels.

Enchanted eye will be a problem also, it currently gives 9 overall stat at lvl30+ plus crit, while these new jewels only 8 so. Im using 9 eye gems currently, with jewels the max i can get is 24/24/24 instead of 27/27/27 plus 8.73% crit. Idk whats the crit jewel stats now, one noble crit jewel will give +8% crit from lvl30?

People still hoard many eye gems, it will be very expensive in the future and gives an unfair advantage for rich players again.
    these jewels give 8 aT LVL 30 JEWEL but can be better jewers
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

In the short term yes. But there is a finite supply and the initial post stated that because of the finite supply that they will eventually be phased out. There are many eyes already socketed with no way to remove them.

A good compliment to the new jewels is obviously releasing gear more consistently as well. Should zap the eyes and paras unless people wanna sit on them, in which case they would likely be sacrificing any momentary advantage that the gems offer.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    these jewels give 8 aT LVL 30 JEWEL but can be better jewers
    'Jewels have levels, 8 in total, represented by prefixes such as "Weak", "Fortified", or "Excellent". '

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Very nice idea for gem and farming.

But 2187 for one jewel and 32805 for all gears sound bit too much?
    Or will these jewels drop rate be not so rare?

We need to farm 350 jewel everyday for 3 month to reach 31500...
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

For this , I think it should be like this... We put cracked jewel into a slot of gear, now got one more (and say 2 cracked is gonna make damaged jewel) so lets not make it like that we have to take that jewel out of gear(for gold as mentioned) , then combine those 2 cracked one to make damaged one. Lets make it other way round. Got the 2nd cracked, then we have to put the gear with that cracked one we recently looted and select the old slot in which we have cracked, and pay gold and it will be "jewel"ed(as we say gemmed) with the damaged one.
    So in short this will not allow players to take out jewels from one gear to put it into other gear, making it a worse ending in some time as you mentioned, but also let players to upgrade that jewel to next better one with using the older one placed in the gear.

now just a bit off topic: For anyone did it remind of Diablo II , Horadric Cube , Transmute 3 gems of same category/type to get the next better gem of that type, just like me??

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage